News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

ToTBellHop

Watched the daytime uncut POV and had some more thoughts.

- Upper loop didn't need dialogue screamed at us. It was a perfect way to get us settled into the world of the critters while still feeling like our world.
- Why does Tiana wait until the boats at her to say "I sure want yall to play at the party!" We're not the musicians, right?
- Mama Odies "Think big! Go tiny!" Line comes out of absolutely nowhere. Tianas line right before it is "I hope they all come to the party! Let's explore!" Giving us no indication we need to shrink or are looking for anything small.
- Laughin' Place is an utter waste. Props for the jumping fountains but that's it.
- Mama Odie screen where the boothill boys were is just lazy.
- Lari adds nothing to the post-splashdown tunnel. He may be mentioned in another line of dialouge but I didn't hear it in the POV I watched.
Well, I did hear that at one point, the Laughin’ Place replacement was even more boring and an exec suggested something “more exciting”. This could explain the shrinking storyline coming out of no where and ending just as abruptly as it starts: it was shoehorned in.

DisneyDean97

The creative thought process behind Splash vs. Tiana should tell you just how far down we've fallen in terms of Imagineering View attachment 788994
This era of imagineering is GONE! Current WDI is too worried about posting 1,000 social media posts on how much they're developing a story, and use buzz words 500x... meanwhile, the real ride is a disjointed mess and makes no sense. Current WDI can't hold a candle to WDI of the late 80s and 90s

Midwest Elitist

I think both of those issues are at play. I totally think the social issue plays a role here and then the capitalism issue kicks in on top. This ride is the nexus of those two things coming together. These are big social issues for many and Disney knows that and is eager to make money off of it. They know it will appeal to some on the social relevancy alone and on top of that, Disney knows that “princesses” (hardly applicable here since she looks more like a big game hunter going out on a safari) sell big time. Theoretically, a win-win on paper until the execution is so poor that it comes across as a big stink bomb.
Well, the actual secret is that the wealthy investors push for this stuff, because they Believe young folks will agree with their mission 100%. The reality is: that's not true, but guess what the opinions of these investors are, who are destroying this country, from the younger generations?
😂

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member
Well, I did hear that at one point, the Laughin’ Place replacement was even more boring and an exec suggested something “more exciting”. This could explain the shrinking storyline coming out of no where and ending just as abruptly as it starts: it was shoehorned in.
What fans call "more exciting: Dr. Facillier causing mayhem and pulling us up the big lift.

What Disney calls "more exciting": Mondo
Screenshot_20240601_092011_YouTube.jpg

Trauma

Can anyone actually look at the terrible screen effect of Tiana bopping her head as you cruise by looking like she is trying to decide who she wants to eat, without shaking their head?

It’s all unexplainable.

It’s like they took that no fun Mom or Dad that is so rigid and by the book that no one wants to be around them and freaking had them re-theme Splash Mountain.

It’s so bad.

The best thing they can do is probably just bulldoze Splash to the ground and have a purpose built Tiana ride built in its place with a new creative team that has a clue.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This era of imagineering is GONE! Current WDI is too worried about posting 1,000 social media posts on how much they're developing a story, and use buzz words 500x... meanwhile, the real ride is a disjointed mess and makes no sense. Current WDI can't hold a candle to WDI of the late 80s and 90s

But don’t remember?? For 20 years people have gotten on boards and thundered away at how horrible the ceo was?

He was just…the worst…just awful…adding new parks and detailed resorts and rides…

The last couple years of constraints totally negates the 50% global expansion prior

Just AWFUL 🙄

dothebrdwalk

New POV shared on Youtube by someone at a preview. Much better video than Disney produced, shot during the day, and all of the speaking lines appear to be the alternate set. Dare I say it works better? I wasn't a hater but this at least looks a little better than the first video we've all seen.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Can anyone actually look at the terrible screen effect of Tiana bopping her head as you cruise by looking like she is trying to decide who she wants to eat, without shaking their head?

It’s all unexplainable.

It’s like they took that no fun Mom or Dad that is so rigid and by the book that no one wants to be around them and freaking had them re-theme Splash Mountain.

It’s so bad.

The best thing they can do is probably just bulldoze Splash to the ground and have a purpose built Tiana ride built in its place with a new creative team that has a clue.
…nah. Just have an after hours “event” there at $150 a pop…

You wouldn’t last a day as a TWDC exec

Trauma

New POV shared on Youtube by someone at a preview. Much better video than Disney produced, shot during the day, and all of the speaking lines appear to be the alternate set. Dare I say it works better? I wasn't a hater but this at least looks a little better than the first video we've all seen.

Just watched it.

To my shock the different camera and lack of cuts didn’t make the garbage story any better.

Who could have guessed 🤷‍♂️

Midwest Elitist

View attachment 788999Love the new theming on this sign! So imaginative that we have a sign pointing towards a break room, and then the banner shows how this is an employee owned business! Yay this is better than anything at Disneysea! /s
No way...

You know, I thought we would get like a cringy comedy that would be at least a D ticket. This is B/C level crap.

ToTBellHop

Well, the actual secret is that the wealthy investors push for this stuff, because they Believe young folks will agree with their mission 100%. The reality is: that's not true, but guess what the opinions of these investors are, who are destroying this country, from the younger generations?
😂
This is a bit over dramatic.
What fans call "more exciting: Dr. Facillier causing mayhem and pulling us up the big lift.

What Disney calls "more exciting": Mondo
View attachment 788998
I think the drama is “we need to save these little people before they are cast in that train-wreck Snow White movie, y’all!”

GenChi

Clearly the execs and creatives in this company are living in their own little echo chamber.

The last hope I have is the hardcore Disney fans.

When Iger takes the stage at D23 he needs to be met with an ear shattering chorus of boos, that is sustained until he is forced to leave the stage.

At some point if we as the hardcore fans don’t stand up for what we love, we are going to lose It all.

It’s time to send a message.

Do you think any of the people spending ungodly amounts of money to go to a Disney convention have the balls to boo management, or even see them negatively? Lol that is never happening.

Look even on this negative WDW forum thread just a few pages ago, people were still defending and worshipping Iger hard to thunderous applause, despite there being almost no positive he has done in 15 years. People still try to dispel that Iger and Peltz are basically the same person even with how abundantly obvious how his management has been race to the bottom style. And it's never management's fault, it's always some other excuse.

I can tell you now D'Amaro and Iger and the rest of the gang will be received warmly on stage, and anything they announce will be applauded loudly. Nothing changing because only the shareholders who want unlimited quarterly gains over longevity ever have power and will to express discontent, and why do anything for hardcores when they still cheer them on and buy all the upcharges?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom