News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Although I don't have the same distain for this ride that a lot of people on here have I will admit the ride has significant glaring problems. What do we think the chances are that if guests don't like this they go in and try to fix it by say adding in more AAs to fix the deadspace and screens and adding in some sort of danger before the drop. The problems with this ride in it's current form are very easy to fix. It wouldn't be the first time we've seen Disney change something because of intense backlash, just in the last couple years we saw them add the Walt intro to Enchantment half way through it's run to try to salvage it. I mean it didn't work but at least they tried.

davis_unoxx

“We’re almost there”

Honestly I’m glad this ride is getting the bashing it deserved, people that said this wouldn’t live to Splash were called horrible things for years, said we only had issues with the new ride because it was about Tiana…

Attachments

• IMG_0673.jpeg
    IMG_0673.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 55

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Although I don't have the same distain for this ride that a lot of people on here have I will admit the ride has significant glaring problems. What do we think the chances are that if guests don't like this they go in and try to fix it by say adding in more AAs to fix the deadspace and screens and adding in some sort of danger before the drop. The problems with this ride in it's current form are very easy to fix. It wouldn't be the first time we've seen Disney change something because of intense backlash, just in the last couple years we saw them add the Walt intro to Enchantment half way through it's run to try to salvage it. I mean it didn't work but at least they tried.
…about the same chance they fix imagination after Eisner had the ride stopped and stormed off in 1999…

…so “not looking good”

drizgirl

Can't say I feel bad for the imaginears involved.
They had one job as the saying goes.
The source material was there in the film.
Watching PatF, so much of it lends itself perfectly to this ride layout.
But no...
The people who made this ride "knew better than that.
They abandoned virtually everything that made that film work, and came up with their own employee Owned, food conglomerate, assemble the band, but you're the secret spice mumbo jumbo, but just kept a couple of the characters from the film.
Nailed it.

shambolicdefending

IMO, the recent pattern at Disney seems to be blaming the consumers for not liking their "magical" products enough.

Especially since the old version of this attraction was viewed as "troublesome," it won't be hard for them to promote the narrative that the ride is perfectly fine and it's just the old, irrelevant, unmodernized crowd trying to poison the well.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This.
Josh D'Amaro should have held Iger and/or whomever is CFO responsible for actions occurring within parks and resorts. And if anything, I'd expect improvements to TBA on the West Coast, and maybe some upgrades on the East Coast if (and when) there's enough negative feedback regarding it. It's not a matter of "will they do any improvements" but rather seems probable.
D’Amaro is a puppet…a tool

Every P&R head is. It’s been decades of this.

Not his fault…it’s the design of the job. P&R head is high profile and meant to run interference for the most dedicated fans as the egomaniac in the C-suite with all the budget say does what he wants. Same as it has been since the pressler days.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
IMO, the recent pattern at Disney seems to be blaming the consumers for not liking their "magical" products enough.

Especially since the old version of this attraction was viewed as "troublesome," it won't be hard for them to promote the narrative that the ride is perfectly fine and it's just the old, irrelevant, unmodernized crowd trying to poison the well.
And that’s working so well their products are being rejected in a good economy over the last year to a level NEVER seen in corporate history

“Pay no attention to the fire behind the curtain”

gerarar

Premium Member
It wouldn't be the first time we've seen Disney change something because of intense backlash, just in the last couple years we saw them add the Walt intro to Enchantment half way through it's run to try to salvage it. I mean it didn't work but at least they tried.
Disney adding Walt and more to Disney Enchantment wasn't a move to salvage and save it. It was already decided at that point that it was going to be replaced with HEA.

The new intro was added in August 2022 and less than a month later it was announced at D23 in September that HEA would be returning. We also know that Live Entertainment had about a month to add that new intro (quote from one of the people that work on the projections) and rework the pyro.

It was just done to simply appease fans and do something meaningful for the 50th (or whatever remained of the "celebration"). I would say it did work even though nothing at that point would save DE from being replaced. They didn't have to, but they did so anyways.

Cliff

Disney's sharp creative decline in the past 5+ years in both, the parks and the studios have been glaringly evident. A big reason for this is that way too many of Disney's best creatives were either pushed out or they got tired of the mess and just quit and were snapped up by other companies.

For those here who are sincerely shocked at how bad this attraction is and are shocked that Disney destroyed "Splash Mountain" to make this???..

Shame on you. You have NOT been paying attention closely enough. There is no excuse for anybody to claim that this attraction failure came suddenly out of left field. This is a clear trend that too many people are refusing to acknowledge.....

Last edited:

Starship824

In the Parks
No

I don't necessarily agree with this they have changed things when the vast majority of people don't like them. They completely destroyed Harmonious and didn't "blame the fans" for that. The idea that they're doing that is just not true imo, at least in the parks in recent years.

Phineas

“We’re almost there”

Honestly I’m glad this ride is getting the bashing it deserved, people that said this wouldn’t live to Splash were called horrible things for years, said we only had issues with the new ride because it was about Tiana…
That’s the worst part though: my trepidation was never about Tiana! I adore her as a character, love her voice actress and her “I want” song is an instant ear worm. And she’s a great role model for young children watching-It’s great and wonderful to dream, but you have to help those dreams along yourself.

Princess and the Frog is a charming film, and absolutely deserves its own attraction. But what they’ve come up with is a strange, monotonous mess.

Musical Mermaid

The more I think of the plot for the attraction, the more confused I get. Looking in a bayou for musicians doesn't make sense to me as a story for a Princess and the Frog ride. I thought Louis was a unique circumstance, so wouldn't it be easier to find a human band? Maybe I missed the backstory and Tiana planned the party too late, so all the human musicians were booked at other Mardi Gras parties already.

I also started to think of what it'd be like if this is what they used as a plot for something like the Little Mermaid. For most of the ride the only characters are Ariel, Sebastian and random sea creatures. Let's find some ocean animals to play in Sebastian's concert. There is no Ursula anywhere. Maybe you see King Triton using some magic to make you smaller for some ridiculous reason and you pick up some musical shrimp, then voila, you are ready to get big again for the concert and finally get to see the rest of the characters in the finale. I find the idea lame.

I don't understand why they didn't use the plot of the movie. If they were doing a classic ride from scratch for Tiana, it wouldn't be nearly 10 minutes. It'd probably be closer to 3 or 4. The frog thing wouldn't be that big of a problem because they could still include at least 3 human animatronics of Tiana in different dresses: an "Almost There" scene, Charlotte's party where she meets Naveen, and a big finale in her classic green princess dress. They could also have a Dr. Facilier scene and a scene where Tiana and Naveen are frogs falling in love in the bayou. It's all from the movie and would've made a wonderful dark ride for families. We don't have enough of those.

I still think that this was the wrong property for Splash's bones, it shows with how contrived the story is, but they can't undo that decision. They should be thinking of a plan B now though to improve what was delivered.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I don't necessarily agree with this they have changed things when the vast majority of people don't like them. They completely destroyed Harmonious and didn't "blame the fans" for that. The idea that they're doing that is just not true imo, at least in the parks in recent years.
Harmonious got tossed because it didn’t get the boost in revenue from merch, food, and beverage sales that was expected and because it was costly to operate.

TBA is a response to fix a problematic Disney Attraction because of social and political issues brought about by a small but vocal contingent of people on social media, who had probably never set foot inside a Disney Park. Given the way corporate reacted to that, I have no doubt they wouldn’t hesitate to start attacking the fans.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Shame on you. You have NOT been paying attention closely enough. There is no excuse for anybody to claim that this attraction failure came suddenly out of left field. This is a clear trend that too many people are refusing to aknowledge.....
Really? A bit dramatic much. There have been PLENTY of people acknowledging the downfall of Disney creative especially in these boards. People were excited for this attraction based on what had been seeing about the ride for the last few months like the animatronics episode and little that was showed in the last episode, my self included. I can also see people thinking this attraction being good based the things we had been seeing in Tokyo with Fantasy Springs, yes OLC runs the Tokyo parks, but the same WDI makes the rides.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Nah…this has been going on for quite sometime

Everytime something doesn’t go well…it’s either silence or shade thrown at the audience

Far too many high profile examples.

Also…harmonious was stupid…like 8th grade with an Erector set and a high budget. Nothing to “destroy”

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom