News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Clearly the execs and creatives in this company are living in their own little echo chamber.

The last hope I have is the hardcore Disney fans.

When Iger takes the stage at D23 he needs to be met with an ear shattering chorus of boos, that is sustained until he is forced to leave the stage.

At some point if we as the hardcore fans don’t stand up for what we love, we are going to lose I all.

It’s time to send a message.

Is this just after or just before he gives himself another contract extension?

And the time to send a message was two months ago when he could have been proxied into being forced out.

So now you get what you get

dreamfinding

There's also really nothing big/exciting on the horizon other than Tiana (which, we can debate how exciting that really is). Universal has an entire new park opening. Disney has nothing major coming anytime soon, as even the enhancements to AK will be several years out at best, and even longer for MK.
Guests continue to visit WDW because of nostalgia (actually, not much is left of that but).

I have gotten to the point where I know what I want to experience in each park and it’s not the new stuff. It’s MuppetVision, ToT, Fantasmic, Spaceship Earth, Figment, GOTG (exception), LWTL, Tiki Room, things like that.

Casper Gutman

Can we not do the stupid “social issues” debate?

If we really want to make sweeping generalizations, the mess that is TBA and the Disney parks in general has a lot more to do with the state of corporate capitalism in modern America than any hot button issue, but that’s sure not going to be a productive discussion here, so let’s just focus on the rides and the immediate issues with Imagineering and management.

KDM31091

Guests continue to visit WDW because of nostalgia (actually, not much is left of that but).

I have gotten to the point where I know what I want to experience in each park and it’s not the new stuff. It’s MuppetVision, ToT, Fantasmic, Spaceship Earth, Figment, GOTG (exception), LWTL, Tiki Room, things like that.
That is my usual thing too, as a local. Almost all of my attraction visits are the older classics, with few exceptions like Toy Story Mania and Runaway Railway. But for the most part yes, it's the older things. Which will slowly but surely be taken away from us. And if TBA is any indication of the future, sadly, I'm not excited at all.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

If we really want to make sweeping generalizations, the mess that is TBA and the Disney parks in general has a lot more to do with the state of corporate capitalism in modern America than any hot button issue, but that’s sure not going to be a productive discussion here, so let’s just focus on the rides and the immediate issues with Imagineering and management.
There’s been almost none of that…for once.

Buford did say that everyone is a bigot against the imagineer…however. Because SOP.

The same Reason why no one even remembers that atrocious little mermaid from last year either

Not Disneys fault for bad product…we just live in a world of horrid monsters

Last edited:

Trauma

The D23 attendees have their entire lives wrapped in a cocoon around Disney. There is not much else.

Its sad, really…a void that isnt gonna be filled.
Yeah well I’m all in on Disney too. If you don’t believe me I can show you how much I pay in dues.

I can’t be the only hardcore fan that is FED UP.

The only way things change is if they start losing money or something makes the news.

Half the crowd standing up and walking out on Iger would make the news for sure. It would also punch Bob right in his ego. Then he could experience the awful feeling of desperation in his gut that the hardcore fans have had for YEARS.

McMickeyWorld

Really? A bit dramatic much. There have been PLENTY of people acknowledging the downfall of Disney creative especially in these boards. People were excited for this attraction based on what had been seeing about the ride for the last few months like the animatronics episode and little that was showed in the last episode, my self included. I can also see people thinking this attraction being good based the things we had been seeing in Tokyo with Fantasy Springs, yes OLC runs the Tokyo parks, but the same WDI makes the rides.
X2

Earlie the Pearlie

I didn’t even realize that I’m more excited for all of this stuff than anything new. Add Mansion, Pirates, PeopleMover, and Carousel of Progress, and you’ve got yourself a perfect vacation. I’ve got a soft spot for Philarmagic, too

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
The creative thought process behind Splash vs. Tiana should tell you just how far down we've fallen in terms of Imagineering
IMG_1088.jpg

dreamfinding

I didn’t even realize that I’m more excited for all of this stuff than anything new. Add Mansion, Pirates, PeopleMover, and Carousel of Progress, and you’ve got yourself a perfect vacation. I’ve got a soft spot for Philarmagic, too
Ah, forgot to list those.

I’m also a sucker for Dinosaur and Everest. Usually when I ride Spaceship Earth, the AirPods go in so I can listen to the Jeremy Irons version.

I feel like I will be doing the same for TBA.

lightningtap347

What was the point of spending so much time writing up personalities for these animals when they don't appear to do anything? Who cares what they say their personality like it's the back of a trading card when they're in the ride for seemingly 45 seconds with no lines?

Seems like a lot of effort went into the wrong places, and using the corpse of Splash will make it impossible to detach comparisons to it. This is really really not good.

Surferboy567

Philarmagic is highly underrated another one of my favorites. Could use some more scenes though.

dreamfinding

What was the point of spending so much time writing up personalities for these animals when they don't appear to do anything? Who cares what they say their personality like it's the back of a trading card when they're in the ride for seemingly 45 seconds with no lines?

Seems like a lot of effort went into the wrong places, and using the corpse of Splash will make it impossible to detach comparisons to it. This is really really not good.
If they had put 50% of the effort they put into the animals into the ACTUAL ride, it would’ve been a great product.

docnabox

I think both of those issues are at play. I totally think the social issue plays a role here and then the capitalism issue kicks in on top. This ride is the nexus of those two things coming together. These are big social issues for many and Disney knows that and is eager to make money off of it. They know it will appeal to some on the social relevancy alone and on top of that, Disney knows that “princesses” (hardly applicable here since she looks more like a big game hunter going out on a safari) sell big time. Theoretically, a win-win on paper until the execution is so poor that it comes across as a big stink bomb.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom