News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

pigglewiggle

I really don’t know how folks are seeing this as an upgrade. The finale has a lot of figures, but the set design is inelegant and cluttered. The rest of the ride looks shamefully sparse, especially the Laughing Place, which looks just awful. The "shrinking" idea never caught on not because it was rebutted but because it was a terrible idea with no narrative logic - and it still is. And, of course, we get modern Disney's patented "stare and flail" storytelling.

So far, generous PR footage makes this look like an artless finale led up to by a lot of very little.

You love it!!! Nice try throwing us off though! Sneaky! 🙌

Casper Gutman

I wouldn’t have expected anything less than this response from you. 😂😒

So many grumpy posters on this site. 😂
Yeah, you’re right. I never defend Disney. And I just hate PatF.

How many times do we get the exact same Tiana figure gesturing at us? We see it once on the lift and then shortly afterwards in the first bayou scene ( but that one has a NEW HAT, Malibu Stacy fans).

Figments Friend

Incidentally, I'd be curious whether the scene with Naveen in the boat shows up in the Disneyland variant. Splash Archive claimed that Naveen in the boat would be located in the old Laughing Place scene after the dip drop. Stating that the boat that was previously occupied by the dog there would be repurposed for that scene. This boat and dog never existed at WDW for the record. It also brings into question whether DL will also use this space for the shrinking plotline, or if they intend to do something different there.

I have always been under the impression that the ‘Naveen in the boat’ addition was specifically for Disneyland for that very reason.
The boat with AA access already is in place within Disneyland’s edition.

-

mickEblu

Dunno. You had to pay for her rumors and I wasn't about to.

I got suckered into paying the dollar month lol and never found anything but I think we had enough info to piece together that we were indeed going to be shrunk. On another note I need to cancel that subscription. On a recent episode regarding USH she mentioned that all the rumors she dropped last year for the park “were made up.” She was being facetious but I don’t remember her framing it quite like that last year.

aladdin2007

To be honest, I'm pretty sure Naveen got cut from the adventure and will only be joining us in the finale, which is really sad. If he's in the scene in the boat, it wouldn't make sense for him to be missing from the rest of the bayou adventure. Seeing as how it's only Tiana and Louis in many of the scenes together, I'd imagine they opted to cut multiple Naveen appearances. One of the big points of the movie is that they're better together than they are apart, so I hope he has a bigger role in the ride.
and that is a shame if true, even in the finale he is more in the background.......barely noticeable..

aladdin2007

Yeah, you’re right. I never defend Disney. And I just hate PatF.

How many times do we get the exact same Tiana figure gesturing at us? We see it once on the lift and then shortly afterwards in the first bayou scene ( but that one has a NEW HAT, Malibu Stacy fans).
noticed the same ,while others certainly could have been included with her, so far from what has been seen. They are making sure its all tiana.

BrianLo

Setting aside the finale, what in the new ride video is the equal of Splash, let alone an upgrade? How is the Laughing Place not embarrassing?

I actually do think all else being equal that the sound design needed to be upgraded on the original Splash. Which I guess was the point of the Imagineering Video. Not that it needed replacement, but it needed a good gutting with new speakers and new sound recording.

Also they didn't really show any of the Laughing place where there were former animatronics, so TBD on that one, it was just the opening frame. The drop certainly looks 'upgraded'

MerlinTheGoat

We've seen 3 Entire seconds of the laughing place replacement. ALL of the new settings in the former upper level of splash is a HUGE upgrade for me, the color scheme, the lighting, the set design, the flora and the animatronics
On the upper level, only the human animatronics and Louis have a larger range of motion than what was in Splash. And there aren't many of those. Most of the new critter figures in the ride have a noticeably reduced range motion than what came before them. More comparable to the sort of figures used in old Fantasyland dark rides (like the instrument playing dwarfs from the old Snow White ride). Even the small frogs in Splash had greater range than Tiana's frogs.

The appearance of the scenery is more of a subjective sort of thing. I haven't fully settled on it, but it's one of the stronger parts of the retheme IMO. Though I don't personally prefer it over Splash still.

Maybe I need to watch again. Did we get to see very much of Laughin Place?
A second or two. You can spot one enlarged frog figure playing a flower-trumpet on the right side (again limited motion from what I can tell). And a projection of giant Tiana and Louis heads (which looks stupid IMO). Plus a lot of giant glowing mushrooms and leaves. The scene is weirdly sparse character wise otherwise. They kept the concrete holes where the jumping fountains used to be, though the fountains don't seem to exist anymore.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom