News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

BrianLo

The song it's replacing was used as the main theme of the company since it was released until only a couple of years ago (When Wish Upon a Star being a close second).

I'm incredibly Splitting hairs, When you Wish Upon a Star has been the companies main theme song for quite a while now. Zip is without a doubt the very close runner up, maybe the Parks main theme song? Maybe.

MerlinTheGoat

Do they still have the “20,000 Leagues” music in the entrance loop?
Not sure if it's part of the entrance area specifically, but they do play Whale of a Tale around the boat docks (they also use it as part of the Water Pageant). They also play Davy Crockett too, and I heard Laughing Place on the TTC side about a month ago.

I'm incredibly Splitting hairs, When you Wish Upon a Star has been the companies main theme song for quite a while now. Zip is without a doubt the very close runner up, maybe the Parks main theme song? Maybe.

That's basically what I was trying to say. Zip was essentially the parks theme for like 50+ years, while When You Wish was/is the intro theme for the movies (though they do play it in the parks as well of course, especially for after dark shows).

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Zip was essentially the parks theme for like 50+ years, while When You Wish was/is the intro theme for the movies.
And yet When You Wish has been in fireworks shows, parades, shows, and more. When was Zip in fireworks shows, parades (aside from literally one or two lines), shows, etc, or anything except Splash?

Mikomike12

Some of us do care. You cared enough about the debate to start arguing with someone over it. I just pointed out some objective facts about the critter animatronics in both attractions.

The new critter figures are cute, I like their designs and they have much higher quality skins than the figures from Little Mermaid for example. Their range of motion however is not acceptable to me compared to most of their predecessors.

Not at all. The song it's replacing was used as the main theme of the company since it was released until only a couple of years ago (When Wish Upon a Star being a close second). It also won an Oscar. Was and still is one of their absolute best and most catchy and iconic songs. Whereas this new one...well subjectively I certainly don't think it comes anywhere close. It's not bad, it is decent and period appropriate at least, but certainly doesn't hold a candle to what came before. I'd even say some of the songs from the PATF movie were quite a bit better.
Arguing? Someone asked what I find an improvement and responded.. you felt the need to downplay my personal opinion with your response, if anyone is trying to argue it’s you

MerlinTheGoat

Arguing? Someone asked what I find an improvement and responded.. you felt the need to downplay my personal opinion with your response, if anyone is trying to argue it’s you
I never said I wasn't trying to argue. I am arguing on the point I mentioned. I corrected your claim about the critter figures in Tiana being superior to what came before, which in regards to their range of motion is objectively not true.

I'm not downplay your other opinions. They are very much subjective. But make no mistake, you are indeed part of this argument. It's fine, there's nothing wrong with arguing with people as long as it's done respectfully.

aladdin2007

in the video at the 18:24 mark...is it possible that after the critter band on the left side the next scene could be naveen and her in the boat? if you pause right there, the colors of what is ahead looks like it could be but of course its hard to tell...or was that scene never intended for here from the beginning even though they have shown that art a lot.

Mikomike12

I never said I wasn't trying to argue. I am arguing on the point I mentioned. I corrected your claim about the critter figures in Tiana being superior to what came before, which in regards to their range of motion is objectively not true.

I'm not downplay your other opinions. They are very much subjective. But make no mistake, you are indeed part of this argument. It's fine, there's nothing wrong with arguing with people as long as it's done respectfully.
The Tiana critters are better to ME, it’s subjective. You can’t “correct” me on an opinion

mickEblu

We seem to see quite a lot of it. It looks to be some frogs with limited movement (whose proportions seem off) and screens with big heads on them.

Missed some things on the first watch with my kids needing my attention. I didn’t even realize that the big Tiana head on the screen confirmed the shrinking down rumor when I wrote a big long post about it last week haha. On the second watch I noticed the big flowers too. I was mentally prepared for everything I saw in todays video. Nearly everything shown is almost exactly as I envisioned. So if anything it actually left me slightly positive in terms of visuals. Just seeing color and life in there.

Last edited:

MerlinTheGoat

And yet When You Wish has been in fireworks shows, parades, shows, and more. When was Zip in fireworks shows, parades (aside from literally one or two lines), shows, etc, or anything except Splash?
When You Wish was the other main theme, which I stated to be the case. Zip was once used about as much. Arguably more in marketing. Festival of Fantasy and Paint the Night both ended with Zip. The MSUSA marching band would frequently play it. It was previously part of a number of park loops. Julie Andrews sung it for the opening celebration for Magic Kingdom. And until recent years, it was still used as a theme for promoting the castle parks. Saying that Zip wasn't used as one of the main themes of the company until very recently is simply put, gaslighting of the highest order...

This conversation is 100% getting deleted anyway.

The Tiana critters are better to ME, it’s subjective. You can’t “correct” me on an opinion
You genuinely prefer that the new ones have more limited motion than their predecessors?

I like their designs, but their range of motion is not a subjective opinion. They have a much more limited range of motion than their predecessors. That isn't an opinion, it's a fact. You can absolutely correct a claim that is objectively false. It's also hard to imagine that someone would genuinely prefer that they move less.

Last edited:

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I think it's something like this. There's a projector that's angled on the "flat" part of the drop that makes it look like you're inside the projected tunnel. Then when you exit that short flat section and drop further, you disappear from the mist.
View attachment 788337
View attachment 788342
Computer Abort Mission! You’re not going to make it! You’re not going to make it!

Mikomike12

When You Wish was the other main theme, which I stated to be the case. Zip was once used about as much. Arguably more in marketing. Festival of Fantasy and Paint the Night both ended with Zip. The MSUSA marching band would frequently play it. It was previously part of a number of park loops. Julie Andrews sung it for the opening celebration for Magic Kingdom. And until recent years, it was still used as a theme for promoting the castle parks. Saying that Zip wasn't used as one of the main themes of the company until very recently is simply put, gaslighting of the highest order...

This conversation is 100% getting deleted anyway.

You genuinely prefer that the new ones have more limited motion than their predecessors?

I like their designs, but their range of motion is not a subjective opinion. They have a much more limited range of motion than their predecessors. That isn't an opinion, it's a fact.
I much prefer the new designs, sorry. Splashes Crude characters were nightmare fuel

Bayou

Tiana ruthlessly exploits her workforce by compelling them to hunt for rabid animals in the perilous bayou aboard unsafe "log-boats," all while she commands from the safety of dry land. Furthermore, she coerces her employees into transforming into frogs to capture smaller creatures, only to later manipulate the magical abilities of Mama Odie to force them out of the salt dome—a potentially lethal plunge. Mama Odie, enticed by a joint hot sauce venture, complies. Meanwhile, Tiana preoccupies herself with preparations for the Mardi Gras celebration, anticipating the continued labor of her employees upon their return. In her pursuit of profit, she epitomizes the essence of capitalism, viewing her workers merely as expendable commodities vital to her illicit enterprises. Her workers really are the "special spice" to her illegal operations.

mickEblu

On the upper level, only the human animatronics and Louis have a larger range of motion than what was in Splash. And there aren't many of those. Most of the new critter figures in the ride have a noticeably reduced range motion than what came before them. More comparable to the sort of figures used in old Fantasyland dark rides (like the instrument playing dwarfs from the old Snow White ride). Even the small frogs in Splash had greater range than Tiana's frogs.

The appearance of the scenery is more of a subjective sort of thing. I haven't fully settled on it, but it's one of the stronger parts of the retheme IMO. Though I don't personally prefer it over Splash still.

A second or two. You can spot one enlarged frog figure playing a flower-trumpet on the right side (again limited motion from what I can tell). And a projection of giant Tiana and Louis heads (which looks stupid IMO). Plus a lot of giant glowing mushrooms and leaves. The scene is weirdly sparse character wise otherwise. They kept the concrete holes where the jumping fountains used to be, though the fountains don't seem to exist anymore.

Disclaimer: As a Disneyland guy I’m always referring to the DL version.

I was a little distracted on my first watch. Noticed a little more on my second. I will have to closely though for the frog. I missed that again. Overall everything is nearly as I expected. Just curious to see more of the Old LP scenes to the lift hill.

celluloid

1717044803323.png

This reminds me when you hold down Shift in Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 and place signage or wall panels as scenary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom