News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

aladdin2007

On the upper level, only the human animatronics and Louis have a larger range of motion than what was in Splash. Most of the new critter figures in the ride have a noticeably reduced range motion than what came before them. More comparable to the sort of figures used in old Fantasyland dark rides (like the instrument playing dwarfs from the old Snow White ride). Even the small frogs in Splash had greater range than Tiana's frogs.

The appearance of the scenery is more of a subjective sort of thing. I haven't fully settled on it, but it's one of the stronger parts of the retheme IMO. Though I don't personally prefer it over Splash still.

A second or two. You can spot one enlarged frog figure playing a flower-trumpet on the right side (again limited motion from what I can tell). And a projection of giant Tiana and Louis heads (which looks stupid IMO). Plus a lot of giant glowing mushrooms and leaves. The scene is weirdly sparse character wise otherwise. They kept the concrete holes where the jumping fountains used to be, though the fountains don't seem to exist anymore.
because it was great and so well done of course, we can't have that kind of thing anymore.

Figments Friend

I have to add that the program episode that was supposed to be dedicated to Imagineeing’s Disney Theme Park music was rather sparse in the history department.
This was in reality a current PR marketing piece and less about past accomplishments and history.

A few high points were quickly covered ( The Haunted Mansion, CoP, the Sherman Brothers, etc. ) but the rest of the content was all about the new upcoming contemporary product - Country Bear Musical Revue and of course Tiana’s Bayou Adventure.

Came off kinda …meh….and as a half hour long tv commercial.
Yeah I know, what current Disney program isn’t a half hour advert…but in all seriousness, this one just smacked too much of candy floss with artificial flavoring.
Was expecting a bit more from a tv show that was touted to cover the topic of Disney’s fabulous music created for their Parks.

And where the hell was EPCOT..?
Certainly THE best Park music ever created has been for EPCOT Center over the years.
SO much …and…
Completely ignored.

A miss, but I digress -

Back to talking about Tiana’s Grand Reveal.

The fun is just starting folks.
More to come….brace yourselves!

-

Last edited:

mickEblu

I’d say the interior looks pretty good from what we can see. I think Laughin Place might end up feeling a bit sparse but we kind of knew to expect fewer AA’s and more effects there. My biggest issue is with the finale. It’s not a bad song. It’s just tough to follow up an iconic song like Zip a Dee Doo Dah that was big with a super catchy sing a long chorus. I think it would have worked better elsewhere in the attraction. Maybe not the lyrics but musically.

It was always going to be tough to match Splash’s sound track and sound design. For example not sure if this existed in the MK version but at Disneyland during How Do You Do you went under some possums and heard these charming falsettos singing the melody of the song. Little things like that.

Last edited:

aladdin2007

I have to add that the program episode that was supposed to be dedicated to Imagineeing’s Disney Theme Park music was rather sparse in the history department.
This was in reality a current PR marketing piece and less about past accomplishments and history.

A few high points were quickly covered ( The Haunted Mansion, CoP, the Sherman Brothers, etc. ) but the rest of the content was all about the new upcoming contemporary product - Country Bear Musical Revue and of course Tiana’s Bayou Adventure.

Came off kinda …meh….and as a half hour long tv commercial.
Yeah I know, what Disney program isn’t a half hour advert…but in all seriousness, this one just smacked too much of candy floss with artificial flavoring.
Was expecting a bit more in regards to the fabulous music used in the Parks.

And where the hell was EPCOT..?
Certainly THE best Park must ever created has been for EPCOT Center over the years.

A miss, but I digress -

Back to talking about Tiana’s Grand Reveal.

The fun is just starting folks.
More to come….brace yourselves!

-
for another thread of course but epcot barely exists anymore, past or present.

BrianLo

I don't think that's quite the point of these videos, to be fair. It is definitely a bit of current take and marketing piece. But I do find them well produced and generally speaking both episodes seem to be filled with new details. Inherently better product than the Disney Parks Blog - so far for me.

I think if it was produced into a D+ running series, you'd have more to criticize. There would be a place to increase the run time to 30 minutes with a lot more history, but they've gone the Youtube route and for that medium it's fairly strong free content.

Mikomike12

On the upper level, only the human animatronics and Louis have a larger range of motion than what was in Splash. And there aren't many of those. Most of the new critter figures in the ride have a noticeably reduced range motion than what came before them. More comparable to the sort of figures used in old Fantasyland dark rides (like the instrument playing dwarfs from the old Snow White ride). Even the small frogs in Splash had greater range than Tiana's frogs.

The appearance of the scenery is more of a subjective sort of thing. I haven't fully settled on it, but it's one of the stronger parts of the retheme IMO. Though I don't personally prefer it over Splash still.

A second or two. You can spot one enlarged frog figure playing a flower-trumpet on the right side (again limited motion from what I can tell). And a projection of giant Tiana and Louis heads (which looks stupid IMO). Plus a lot of giant glowing mushrooms and leaves. The scene is weirdly sparse character wise otherwise. They kept the concrete holes where the jumping fountains used to be, though the fountains don't seem to exist anymore.
Imma be honest I have zero attachment to the Splash Animatronics and could care less about the debate between Tiana's and Splashes critters

BrianLo

I do want to re-litigate the common refrain that they were too hush-hush on this attraction's development

They've actually showed more than I would personally like and I feel somewhat spoiled as a result. I wasn't quite expecting so much to be shown in that video. Some of this is being stuck with a frame of reference on an attraction, but I've seen glimpses of like 7-8 show scenes now in addition to what we can see outside and that feels like inordinately too much in official marketing.

Though I appreciate they needed to settle the argument there would be nothing to see on this attraction. Which feels like an exercise in just splitting hairs at this juncture. It's clearly not massively downgraded across the board, objectively. Whether one prefers this attraction or the former I feel like is mostly in the realm of opinion, but there's perfectly reasonable arguments both ways - meaning it's hardly a massive screwup - as formerly feared.

BrianLo

I think many of us would can agree that Zip was certainly an iconic and well-loved Disney song. If not one of the most.

That was always the biggest loss with the ride changing, in my opinion.

I can only hope once we hear the proper sound design, and music, in the attraction itself, it feels just as fun, immersive, and catchy.

I really think it was a mistake for them to distance themselves entirely from the song. Yes it didn't need to be on a Tiana ride - but I think the song was ten steps away from being really associated with anything but a Disney Parks anthem staple.

Maybe they'll slowly bring it back around in a decade.

MerlinTheGoat

Imma be honest I have zero attachment to the Splash Animatronics and could care less about the debate between Tiana's and Splashes critters
Some of us do care. You cared enough about the debate to start arguing with someone over it. I just pointed out some objective facts about the critter animatronics in both attractions.

The new critter figures are cute, I like their designs and they have much higher quality skins than the figures from Little Mermaid for example. Their range of motion however is not acceptable to me compared to most of their predecessors.

Me when I make things up
Not at all. The song it's replacing was used as the main theme of the company since it was released until only a couple of years ago (When Wish Upon a Star being a close second). It also won an Oscar. Was and still is one of their absolute best and most catchy and iconic songs. Whereas this new one...well subjectively I certainly don't think it comes anywhere close. It's not bad, it is decent and period appropriate at least, but certainly doesn't hold a candle to what came before. I'd even say some of the songs from the PATF movie were quite a bit better.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

I really think it was a mistake for them to distance themselves entirely from the song. Yes it didn't need to be on a Tiana ride - but I think the song was ten steps away from being really associated with anything but a Disney Parks anthem staple.

Maybe they'll slowly bring it back around in a decade.
I certainly think reintroducing the instrumental would be welcome. There are other Disney instrumentals in the MK entrance loop for films that aren’t really featured in the park in a meaningful way. That “Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah” instrumental at the park entrance, for many, is evocative of the park as a whole.

Of course, if they never play it again, no one will remember it in 50 years. So, that’s also an option…

Do they still have the “20,000 Leagues” music in the entrance loop?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom