News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨︎ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
I think it's something like this. There's a projector that's angled on the "flat" part of the drop that makes it look like you're inside the projected tunnel. Then when you exit that short flat section, you disappear from the mist.
View attachment 788337
View attachment 788342
100% accurate. And don't mind my laughing... I think your drawing is great!

dmc493

I think it's something like this. There's a projector that's angled on the "flat" part of the drop that makes it look like you're inside the projected tunnel. Then when you exit that short flat section and drop further, you disappear from the mist.
View attachment 788337
View attachment 788342
this is awesome thank you. btw your art skills are amazing I have a yellow barn that needs a mural... interested?

Casper Gutman

I really don’t know how folks are seeing this as an upgrade. The finale has a lot of figures, but the set design is inelegant and cluttered. The rest of the ride looks shamefully sparse, especially the Laughing Place, which looks just awful. The "shrinking" idea never caught on not because it was rebutted but because it was a terrible idea with no narrative logic - and it still is. And, of course, we get modern Disney's patented "stare and flail" storytelling.

So far, generous PR footage makes this look like an artless finale led up to by a lot of very little.

Disney Analyst

I really don’t know how folks are seeing this as an upgrade. The finale has a lot of figures, but the set design is inelegant and cluttered. The rest of the ride looks shamefully sparse, especially the Laughing Place, which looks just awful. The "shrinking" idea never caught on not because it was rebutted but because it was a terrible idea with no narrative logic - and it still is. And, of course, we get modern Disney's patented "stare and flail" storytelling.

So far, generous PR footage makes this look like an artless finale led up to by a lot of very little.

Different strokes for different folks.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Tiana’s Bayou Adventure

Disney Parks share a long love of New Orleans, its culture and its music. As we shared in episode one, Walt Disney drew inspiration from New Orleans when creating Audio-Animatronics figures. In the early days of Disneyland, New Orleans music was prominently featured with performances by Kid Ory and Louis Armstrong himself.

yrdeswderftgyujijuhytrfdeswderftgyhu.jpg
ygtfdsdefrtgyuikjuytfrdeswdrftgyui.jpg

With a new story, there was a need for new music to go along with it. Imagineers worked with Grammy-winner, PJ Morton, in New Orleans to score a lyrical love letter to the city for Tiana’s Bayou Adventure. These recording sessions resulted in both new renditions of favorite tunes from the film and an all-new, original song, “Special Spice” with vocals by Anika Noni Rose, the original voice of Princess Tiana and Disney Legend.

Musician PJ Morton at the piano recording the Tiana’s Bayou Adventure soundtrack
Musician PJ Morton at the piano recording the Tiana’s Bayou Adventure soundtrack

This is a new chapter for Tiana as she grows her business and as a thank you to her community for their support, she’s throwing a party during Mardi Gras season. When it turns out there’s been a mix up in the preparations and she’s missing a band, Tiana invites us on a journey through the bayou discovering both friends familiar and anew for this last ingredient – musical critters!

After the thrilling drop, you’ll soon approach Tiana and friends at her mansion, where Louis conducts a jazz band filled with all the critters we met on our journey. They play “Special Spice” along with Prince Naveen playing his ukulele and Prince Ralphie the drums. We’ve discovered the “Special Spice” making this joyful, one-of-a-kind celebration complete is in fact YOU. The melody continues as we approach Mama Odie, who acknowledges that this party wouldn’t be what it is without you.

PJ Morton rides Tiana's Bayou Adventure with the project team
jhgfdsdfghgfdsasdfghjhgfdsasdfg.jpg

As we near the attraction’s opening on June 28 at Magic Kingdom, PJ recently stopped by to hear his song alongside the project team. “Seeing my song on the ride for the very first time was mind blowing to me,” recounted PJ. “It’s surreal to be in this world after a long time writing this song and finally seeing it in action, it’s a dream come true.”

Not only does the latest episode of “We Call It Imagineering” feature a sneak peek of this catchy song, but the full version of “Special Spice” will also release on Walt Disney Records this Friday, May 31 across all streaming platforms!

Musician Terence Blanchard recording the Tiana’s Bayou Adventure soundtrack

Before even boarding the attraction, you’ll hear a radio program on a New Orleans station playing authentic jazz versions of familiar songs, including “Down in New Orleans,” “Ma Belle Evangeline” and more from “The Princess and the Frog”! Listen closely, you might catch the radio host sharing an important message to listeners, Tiana needs help finding musicians for her big party tonight.

Terence Blanchard, a featured musician in “The Princess and the Frog,” seven-time Grammy-winner and twice-Oscar nominated composer, helmed the music in the attraction’s queue. This is just one of the many ways Imagineers have leaned into local New Orleans voices to tell Tiana’s story — both artists are natives to this musical city.

“We really wanted to showcase New Orleans music, give people who are going to be in the queue line an experience of being in New Orleans,” shared Terence. “It will hopefully create a lasting memory and a relationship with the city.”

Leah Chase Jr. recording for Tiana's Bayou Adventure

The Chase family is another center stone of the city and, as you may know, provided its own inspiration for “The Princess and the Frog.” We are honored that legendary singer Leah Chase Jr. and daughter of Chef Leah Chase who was one of the inspirations of Tiana, sings “Do You Know What It Means to Miss New Orleans.” I’ve seen Leah perform at New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival before, but there is nothing like her rendition of this song, which generations of our guests will now be able to experience. We can’t wait to share this heartwarming tune with all of you — thank you, Leah!

SilentWindODoom

I wonder if in the ride, there is some magic that shrinks and unshrinks you, OR... as Tiana is recounting her story, this is a flashback demonstrating what it was like being a frog.

It seems pretty clear that this is not the lift hill, but the first indoor drop with the pitch up to the magic effect coming from what ParkLore describes as a "Coaster Dip".

Mist + light effect is pretty cool!
View attachment 788314

The end of this clip gives a glimpse of the blacklight sets between the drops coming up.

1717032861489.png

So... do we have magic with a similar color scheme in the film? It's been a while for me, but I know a number just recently rewatched.

I find it interesting to go shrunken so early in the ride. I wonder what is between the two dips? Giant bayou before we plunge into some kind of cave or log? Could it possibly be a quick dip into the Other Side?

More intriguing to me is the lift hill. Mama Odie was displayed as being normal sized in a crow's nest. Is the hill going to be the length of us growing? Will the bottles get bigger on the way up? Or will there be another magic effect where the Brer Fox and Rabbit were at the base where we'll get grown and then the top is us getting shot back to the party?

Also...

The sequence becomes us delving into the tight spot with the screens including Louis's eye poking in at us and updating us and Tiana to our progress.

It's a partial, but I may never get this close to calling it again, so I'm taking it.

EDIT: Oh jeez! This is what I get for taking time and checking various videos and researching before I post on a big news day. This got blasted past. :hilarious:

Bayou

Personally I thought Friends on the Other Side would work much better:

Are you ready?
(Are you ready?)
Are you ready?
I’m sick of people pitching this idea by saying “are you ready?” a bunch of times. Is this supposed to make me more exited about a concept we know isn’t going to make it into to final product?

Mikomike12

Setting aside the finale, what in the new ride video is the equal of Splash, let alone an upgrade? How is the Laughing Place not embarrassing?
We've seen 3 Entire seconds of the laughing place replacement. ALL of the new settings in the former upper level of splash is a HUGE upgrade for me, the color scheme, the lighting, the set design, the flora and the animatronics

eddie104

I wouldn’t have expected anything less than this response from you. 😂😒

So many grumpy posters on this site. 😂

aladdin2007

It seems pretty clear that this is not the lift hill, but the first indoor drop with the pitch up to the magic effect coming from what ParkLore describes as a "Coaster Dip".

The end of this clip gives a glimpse of the blacklight sets between the drops coming up.

View attachment 788340

So... do we have magic with a similar color scheme in the film? It's been a while for me, but I know a number just recently rewatched.

I find it interesting to go shrunken so early in the ride. I wonder what is between the two dips? Giant bayou before we plunge into some kind of cave or log? Could it possibly be a quick dip into the Other Side?

More intriguing to me is the lift hill. Mama Odie was displayed as being normal sized in a crow's nest. Is the hill going to be the length of us growing? Will the bottles get bigger on the way up? Or will there be another magic effect where the Brer Fox and Rabbit were at the base where we'll get grown and then the top is us getting shot back to the party?

Also...

It's a partial, but I may never get this close to calling it again, so I'm taking it.

EDIT: Oh jeez! This is what I get for taking time and checking various videos and researching before I post on a big news day. This got blasted past. :hilarious:
The end of this clip gives a glimpse of the blacklight sets between the drops coming up....I watched and rewatched that part and just not seeing any until after....so what are you seeing exactly?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom