News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Ice Gator

voodoo? I mean, I don't know what else it could be.
It’s gotta be some of Mama Odi’s magic.

OR- one of the shadow demons. Not Facilier. Would be easy to have a projection for the shadow monsters for one scene that turn you into a frog- now you have to get back to Tiana in time for the party.

splah

if the whole adventure is collecting muscians (the signs on the construction walls point to the fact that she needed to book a band before they all get booked up) the shrinking is just another stop to pick up the band members. tiana and louis are bouncing in the screen to a beat

this frog in the laughing place

1717029443110.png

is the same movement and styling as the finale

1717029396917.png

999th Happy Haunt

And this is my hat on the ring and that's going to be it. I'll let people enjoy it, but I need to get this out of my chest:

In this ride, everyone is happy and no one gets hurt! The passengers get "hurt", they go through three entire drops, yet the world and characters around them can't relate or respond to their stakes. The design is broken, and you don't come out of it a changed person. You didn't learn anything new.
I wish it were still here, but I really really really don’t think many people came out Splash as “changed people”

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
OK, what do I think? I got exactly what I expected- Reused Splash sets with foliage and new paint, with the scenes featuring the briar patch being thr most changed. I think the Laughin' Place looks extremely empty and a miss. Finale looks exactly like the renders we saw.

Critter animatronics seem to indeed be limited movement, especially compared to the more advanced humans.

I'm disappointed because they had the space/bones to do something good and they just missed. Frozen added wallpaper, Tiana added plants. Same concept
I think it is still too early to pass much of a judgment on it, but so far it is about what I expected. My view hasn't really changed in that I think the Splash Mountain fans are going to prefer Splash, and the new generation that don't have the connection to Splash will love this version.

gerarar

Premium Member
Wow, how many were in the final scene in Splash
According to @MerlinTheGoat, there were 17 "legitimate" AA's. This discounts any limited range figures, which would be like the frogs in the Tiana finale. So I would say it's about the same, removing those frogs.
At WDW, Splash Mtn's finale room by my count had 17 legitimate animatronics. 12 of these were on the riverboat. The other 5 were the Swamp Boys, turkey and frog to the sides. There are three other true animatronic figures past this large room, Brer Fox, Brer Rabbit and Mr Bluebird. Mr Bluebird is comparable to a Tiki Bird in complexity, the minimum standard for what I would classify as a legit AA. Brer Fox is technically connected to two other character figures (Brer Bear and Brer Gator), but they're just simple animated props and he's the only one with substantial motion.

aladdin2007

did they cut the scene with naveen and tiana in the boat?? I know the video doesn't show everything of course, just thought that may have been one of the scenes from the concept art they would have shown off more by now....there are things I am liking for sure and things I am not, so far....lamenting the loss of the singing gators and some of the other critters, all the humans just aren't doing it for me...but will see once its all out there.

rtmachine

Not sure if there are any restrictions for the CM preview days this Sunday and Monday so there may/will be some YouTube videos soon...they are allowed to bring family and friends.
I know of at least 1 CM that has a channel.
I will be checking them out since my last 1/2 day is at MK on opening day and not sure I would get a VQ....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom