News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

UNCgolf

I just laughed for way too long at this, but it's so unbelievably true. The fact that Elsa has zero sense of hospitality causes you to nearly die twice, but let's just sing and forget about it!

It's one of the biggest reasons it's a worse attraction than Maelstrom from a design perspective. That scene made sense in Maelstrom; it makes no sense at all in FEA (and it's a really awful scene in general outside the Elsa AA).

Not that Maelstrom was a design masterpiece itself.

Figments Friend

Tiana's Bayou Adventure construction - March 8 2023​

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/tianas-bayou-adventure/gallery/08mar2023-tiana's-bayou-adventure-construction---march-8-2023.htm

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_50738.jpg

How droll…

Look at how that construction gent is leaning over his smartphone, checking WDW Magic.com to see if he made it into one of the photos in this thread.

( waves )

😁

-

TomboyJanet

It's one of the biggest reasons it's a worse attraction than Maelstrom from a design perspective. That scene made sense in Maelstrom; it makes no sense at all in FEA (and it's a really awful scene in general outside the Elsa AA).

Not that Maelstrom was a design masterpiece itself.
I love how they replaced the one scene in Maelstrom that would fit with frozen with a GIANT WALL! That part of the ride is soooo exciting where we simply see a wall in what I can only guess is a room where Elsa's toilet backed up and flooded everything

SplashJacket

I love how they replaced the one scene in Maelstrom that would fit with frozen with a GIANT WALL! That part of the ride is soooo exciting where we simply see a wall in what I can only guess is a room where Elsa's toilet backed up and flooded everything
To me, all the good scenes in FEA occur outside of the original Maelstrom layout (except the snow monster thing). To me, the initial Olaf scenes is one of the best of any dark ride, it’s just gorgeous.

The lift hill, old town area, and backwards travel out of the ice palace is just horrible, especially when compared to what was previously there.

I really hope they retool those scenes in Hong Kong and Paris, and perhaps the hand-holding scene pre-disembark.

Basically everything besides the Olaf, troll, and marshmallow drop scene.

Very intrigued to see how Tokyo handles their mother of all frozen rides attraction.

As for TBA, there will definitely be some scenes that are worse, while others will probably be better. The concept art after the first drop shows more animatronics than before, so perhaps that’s an area that’s better than before (obviously quantity doesn’t necessitate better, but regardless).

A lot of Splash was leisurely strolling around the mountain, which will surely continue. Then you leisurely stroll through the homes and such (now the bayou), then everything hits the fan in the laughing place and then the big drop.

Then once again you leisurely stroll until you have the big boat, which I doubt they will replace.

Really, the only scenes I’m concerned about them ruining are the bee-cave, laughing place, drop, and two post-river boat scenes.

Obviously, they could ruin the whole ride by shoving pointless and ridiculous exposition down our throats instead of delightful music, but regardless, I actually am excited/hopeful for TBA (unlike in previous years), regardless of my agreement with them removing Splash in the first place. It has a lot of potential

Brer Panther

You mean the scene with the polar bears?

FettFan

The problem is that Frozen’s scenes and projectors give off so much light pollution that one can easily count the threads on the black curtains Disney’s got hung up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom