News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

TomboyJanet

You clearly overstayed your welcome and deserve whatever comes to you!

Most rides don't make sense under scrutiny.
Yeah but at least they have something happening in them that makes more sense than that. I could say in Pirates you explore a mystical cave go back in time and see what events caused that cave. Haunted Mansion you explore a haunted house and find out the Ghosts were expecting you and want to show you their lifestyle in hopes that you will join them when you die, as well as revealing some of the darker things that went on in that mansion in a sort of history lesson, since they are ghosts they don't see anything odd about this. Mr Toad seems like a dream sequence Mr Toad had when he fell asleep in his garage, OR Mr Toad is so crazy hell spat him back out. Splash Mountain's plot was obvious if you just listened to what Brer Rabbit said. Your place in the story is as his friends going along and accidentally getting mixed up with Brer Fox after the Buzzards let you into his lair. B. Rabbit saves you both by directing you and him to be chucked into his house, where he knows we'll be safe. EVEN the great movie ride had a hijacking plot that bent the fourth wall and wound up with you finally settling in the happier land of OZ.

With this it's a combination of blunting a cool ride and just making it basically Toxic Positivity.

Brer Panther

If it involves a 50 foot plunge during a happy part of the story then yes! Think of a reason a good guy would throw you over a 50 foot waterfall that isn't contrive or stupid. My guess is "Mama Ode: well I gotta get you back home somehow down ya goooooo!!!" Which would make me cringe and then cast her as the villain of the ride.
My guess is that the fifty-foot waterfall won't be part of the story at all. It'll just be seeing Mama Odie at the top of the lift hill, she shows off the secret ingredient (assuming they don't go the "the secret ingredient was YOU/love/friendship/what have you" route) and then we go down a waterfall for whatever reason.

TomboyJanet

My guess is that the fifty-foot waterfall won't be part of the story at all. It'll just be seeing Mama Odie at the top of the lift hill, she shows off the secret ingredient (assuming they don't go the "the secret ingredient was YOU/love/friendship/what have you" route) and then we go down a waterfall for whatever reason.
In the words of captain Rex " yiiiiikes" that's six flags level thinking there

DisneyHead123

They went to great lengths to incorporate the salt mine so that the elevation would have an authentic backstory… I assume it will be about rushing out of the salt mine to get to the celebration using the fastest route possible.

Still can’t believe they cut Facilier from the ride. That would have made for stunning visuals, great music, and easily incorporated the drop. Imagine creaking up slowly towards the hill with “Are you reeeeady?!” playing… just seems like a natural fit.

FettFan

You clearly overstayed your welcome and deserve whatever comes to you!

Most rides don't make sense under scrutiny.

GotG Cosmic Rewind's story actually works quite well.

aahnqxf

A giant alien entity shows up at Earth, sees what Corporate Disney did to Epcot Center and is so outraged that he decides all of humanity has to end by being shoved into a giant space-sphincter.

FettFan

Still can’t believe they cut Facilier from the ride. That would have made for stunning visuals, great music, and easily incorporated the drop. Imagine creaking up slowly towards the hill with “Are you reeeeady?!” playing… just seems like a natural fit.

Yeah, and while they always say "it's AFTER the movie!", that doesn't matter.
For a lot of Disney characters, death is only about as inconvenient as a sinus infection, especially since technically, Facilier didn't die.

To quote that *other* Disney franchise with voodoo: he was taken, body and soul, to a place not of death, but of punishment, the worst fate a person can bring upon himself stretching on forever.
DGAQSpring2016ShotToRemember05PiratesCaribbean.ashx

TomboyJanet

They went to great lengths to incorporate the salt mine so that the elevation would have an authentic backstory… I assume it will be about rushing out of the salt mine to get to the celebration using the fastest route possible.

You know Brer rabbit said everybody has a laughing place but did he have a maddening place? no! But I do and it's this new ride! lol

I wonder if I can make a master mix of the original ride to listen to while riding the new one. A little bit of reverse imagineering!
Imagine if people did that on a RNRC retheme that'd be hilarious

Smiley/OCD

I remember a rumor some years ago about LwtL being retooled to feature Wall-E and Eve. It was a real flash-in-the-pan type thing so lets hope it stays that way.
Agreed…thanks to that ride and tour, I always have the best cucumbers in my neighborhood…I built a trellis and grow them 8’ high…it even a better show at Christmas (at night)!!

ETA: and no one has stolen them yet!!! Lol

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Two quick comments, I am not a fan of DisneySea’s indoor Ariel area. I just don’t think indoor areas work in theme parks unless they’re themed to be indoors.

As for the suspended POV, while that attraction definitely would have been superior, the similarities between it and the current attraction are plentiful (from the animatronics to specific scenes)

The execution of the suspended concept may have may it the clear winner, but in terms of substance, it looks like we got the budget-cut version
The Mexico Pavilion would like to have a word.

TomboyJanet

Agreed…thanks to that ride and tour, I always have the best cucumbers in my neighborhood…I built a trellis and grow them 8’ high…it even a better show at Christmas (at night)!!

ETA: and no one has stolen them yet!!! Lol
The thing about the Land is that it's unique. and has a purpose within the park. It's kinda a behind the scenes tour as is. I think they should bring back the original song it's not that hard. Like Really. Come on...
The Mexico Pavilion would like to have a word.
So would blue bayou

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
So I was rewatching the final night stream and couldnt help wonder how soon after the last CM boat went through everything powered off. If those final logs that dropped empty went through a silent and static Splash

Smiley/OCD

So I was rewatching the final night stream and couldnt help wonder how soon after the last CM boat went through everything powered off. If those final logs that dropped empty went through a silent and static Splash
I wouldn’t be surprised if CM’s, contractors and management didn’t ride it all night long and it was shut down 5 or 6 am

IronRod

I was there after the cast members came down and the logs were still running. Eventually they did stop, an announcement came on, and the work lights came on. Those were truly the last logs, as all cast members left after the ride closed and it was drained and construction started that morning.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
I was there after the cast members came down and the logs were still running. Eventually they did stop, an announcement came on, and the work lights came on. Those were truly the last logs, as all cast members left after the ride closed and it was drained and construction started that morning.
Yeah I was watching live as the CMs went down the drop then the "Goodnight Billy be good to Tiana" message. I was curious if they shut off all the animatronics/music as soon as the last CM log came back to the station.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
So I just heard in the news that Bruce Vaughn is back at WDI to co-lead the division. Will he try to put a stop to the retheme, even if progress is already moving?
Please stop. There's no reverting WDW's retheme, and DL's s heading towards it's curtain call.

Prince-1

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom