News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

FettFan

Expect this retheme to include over four dozens new audio-animatronics, around half of which will be models of the latest generation. Three of those will be Tiana. Screens and projections will be utilized to add depth to sets, other than that, the biggest use of screens and projections will be in the final scene which I'm most excited about from everything I've heard. Just be prepared to bid farewell to the steamboat and all the original audio-animatronics!
Paramount Network John GIF by Yellowstone

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I will admit that I have zero clue WHY they made that waterfall a projection effect.
With a projection you can give the illusion of going faster than you are so that you think you are racing out of the tunnel down into the flume. Sort of like Fast and Furious, but hopefully only better. In order to do that with animatronics you would need to put them on a belt and have them swing by on a giant carousel.

Tha Realest

Expect this retheme to include over four dozens new audio-animatronics, around half of which will be models of the latest generation. Three of those will be Tiana. Screens and projections will be utilized to add depth to sets, other than that, the biggest use of screens and projections will be in the final scene which I'm most excited about from everything I've heard. Just be prepared to bid farewell to the steamboat and all the original audio-animatronics!
Awesome insider news, and welcome to the message boards!

Smiley/OCD

With the utmost respect, Tiana was announced this past July…HUNDREDS of pages devoted to this change with several people on here who claim they’re insiders who’s info has been vastly different than your info. You haven’t made 1 comment all this time.

I SINCERELY, HONESTLY hope your information is correct, but just the fact that you arrive on these boards as a new member after all this time, I just find the vastly, contradicting information slightly suspect, and will take it with a grain of Tiana’s salt…again, I mean ABSOLUTELY NO disrespect, but at this stage, you’ve got a lot to prove to persuade me. IF you’re right, the ride will be BETTER than Splash…with the way TWDC is run now and perceived lack of attention they have in the parks, I just have a REALLY hard time to believe you…God, I hope you’re right!

Disstevefan1

I sure hope we get over 48 new animatronics!

It’s not the 70 something we had with Splash, but I will happily take it.

Let’s see how many we actually end up with after all the cost cuts are made.

MerlinTheGoat

It’s not the 70 something we had with Splash, but I will happily take it.

Let’s see how many we actually end up with after all the cost cuts are made.
Just under 60 at WDW, Disneyland has closer to 70.

I again heard they're reusing Splash's AA's. And some of the pieces of art previously released seems to hint at that as well. Not just the possums Janet noted, another piece of "partner" art had a couple of animals that look like possible contenders for reskins of Splash characters-

A1308493.jpg

I don't know exactly how many new figures they're making. Tiana and Naveen will no doubt appear several times throughout the ride. Same with Louis. Mama Odie should also have at least one or two figures. There's over 15 new characters that will appear in both the new D+ series as well as this ride. Over half a dozen of which are probably the new human characters seen in the black and white "photo" art for the ride. So I expect those to appear at least once during the ride (if not multiple times).

tba5877547483839.jpg

There was another piece of art released alongside the one above that showed four new frog figures playing instruments, I also strongly suspect the scene and its characters will appear in the ride too. Not sure what they'd do with those fireflies though. They're small, but still large enough to possibly warrant at least a simplistic figure.

BI6837658767.jpg

The art with the possums has quite a lot of characters present. Aside from Tiana, Naveen and Louis, there's also a spoonbill, three turtles and that new otter character. All of which seem to be new. The hanging possums are as mentioned likely returning Splash characters. There's also silhouettes of at least 7 other animals with instruments in the background, of which I am also confident will be legit AA's (it's Disneyland's variant being displayed in the art, those are likely other scenes you can see through into). Hard to say whether any of those are reskins or new figures at the moment.

E9edH9fWEAQchEE.jpg

The most recent piece of art from WDW's showcases a scene with 11 AA's in total, a larger quantity than that scene previously had as Splash. I'm also not sure if any of the figures present are reskins. Tiana, Louis and the Otter are definitely new. Likely the turtle as well. The frogs also have very different and more unique designs than Splash's, so I don't know if they could possibly be reskins either. The rabbit and racoon COULD be reskins, but i'm not even confident in assuming that. Quite plausible that all of these characters are new.

tba748372909802943802.jpg

I will also mention in passing that models for the front of the mountain also have two frog figures on a log. I'm not really expecting these to be AA's given that they're exposed to the elements, but we'll see. I expect them to be stationary, or perhaps a more simplistic design with basic motion.

I don't know if there's going to be 48 new figures, seems like it would be high for modern Disney standards, but there does appear to be a lot. So who knows. It also seems like they're handling this ride quite differently to how they've been doing things over the past 20+ years...

Smiley/OCD

I again heard they're reusing Splash's AA's. And some of the pieces of art previously released seems to hint at that as well. Not just the possums Janet noted, another piece of "partner" art had a couple of animals that look like possible contenders for reskins of Splash characters-

A1308493.jpg

I don't know exactly how many new figures they're making. Tiana and Naveen will no doubt appear several times throughout the ride. Same with Louis. Mama Odie should also have at least one or two figures. There's over 15 new characters that will appear in both the new D+ series as well as this ride. Over half a dozen of which are probably the new human characters seen in the black and white "photo" art for the ride. So I expect those to appear at least once during the ride (if not multiple times).

tba5877547483839.jpg

There was another piece of art released alongside the one above that showed four new frog figures playing instruments, I also strongly suspect the scene and its characters will appear in the ride too. Not sure what they'd do with those fireflies though. They're small, but still large enough to possibly warrant at least a simplistic figure.

BI6837658767.jpg

The art with the possums has quite a lot of characters present. Aside from Tiana, Naveen and Louis, there's also a spoonbill, three turtles and that new otter character. All of which seem to be new. The hanging possums are as mentioned likely returning Splash characters. There's also silhouettes of at least 7 other animals with instruments in the background, of which I am also confident will be legit AA's (it's Disneyland's variant being displayed in the art, those are likely other scenes you can see through into). Hard to say whether any of those are reskins or new figures at the moment.

E9edH9fWEAQchEE.jpg

The most recent piece of art from WDW's showcases a scene with 11 AA's in total, a larger quantity than that scene previously had as Splash. I'm also not sure if any of the figures present are reskins. Tiana, Louis and the Otter are definitely new. Likely the turtle as well. The frogs also have very different and more unique designs than Splash's, so I don't know if they could possibly be reskins either. The rabbit and racoon COULD be reskins, but i'm not even confident in assuming that. Quite plausible that all of these characters are new.

I will also mention in passing that models for the front of the mountain also have two frog figures on a log. I'm not really expecting these to be AA's given that they're exposed to the elements, but we'll see. I expect them to be stationary, or perhaps a more simplistic design with basic motion.

I don't know if there's going to be 48 new figures, seems like it would be high for modern Disney standards, but there does appear to be a lot. So who knows. It also seems like they're handling this ride quite differently to how they've been doing things over the past 20+ years...
If they are slated to be outdoors, I would venture a guess that they would be similar to the three seagulls outside the Finding Nemo attraction in Epcot…

MerlinTheGoat

If they are slated to be outdoors, I would venture a guess that they would be similar to the three seagulls outside the Finding Nemo attraction in Epcot…
That's my guess too. Either that or static. Not that they couldn't do a full AA outside (Jungle Cruise), I don't expect it any more. The Witch in 7dmt is outside, but she's covered by a trellis (protection from rain I assume).

Brer Panther

Not sure what they'd do with those fireflies though.
I could use them using projections for the fireflies (a la the Rocking Horse-Fly in the Alice in Wonderland ride at Disneyland).
there's also a spoonbill, three turtles and that new otter character.
There's a fifty-percent chance those could just be statues. I can't picture them spending money on animatronics for three characters that do nothing but stick their heads out of the water. As for the spoonbill... y'know those two storks in the Little Mermaid ride at the beginning of the "Kiss the Girl" scene? The ones that are just statues who don't move? The spoonbill reminds me of them (maybe they WILL make him an animatronic, I don't know).
The frogs also have very different and more unique designs than Splash's, so I don't know if they could possibly be reskins either.
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if those frogs turned out to just be statues, too. I could see them thinking "They're small, nobody's going to notice if they don't move!".

Also, I've said this before, but y'know those two storks in the Disneyland version of Splash Mountain? These two?

1678661765688.png
I could hypothetically see them being reskinned as spoonbills. I recall the spoonbills posing like that in the movie.

cupofchai

I doubt the steamboat is leaving.
The finale scene will be entirely new.

Not sure if it's exactly 48 but it's around that figure. Close to 20 are advanced audio-animatronics, the rest are models with limited movement. No projected faces but plenty of cool projection effects throughout the ride scenes like fireflies and fog.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I could use them using projections for the fireflies (a la the Rocking Horse-Fly in the Alice in Wonderland ride at Disneyland).

There's a fifty-percent chance those could just be statues. I can't picture them spending money on animatronics for three characters that do nothing but stick their heads out of the water. As for the spoonbill... y'know those two storks in the Little Mermaid ride at the beginning of the "Kiss the Girl" scene? The ones that are just statues who don't move? The spoonbill reminds me of them (maybe they WILL make him an animatronic, I don't know).

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if those frogs turned out to just be statues, too. I could see them thinking "They're small, nobody's going to notice if they don't move!".

Also, I've said this before, but y'know those two storks in the Disneyland version of Splash Mountain? These two?

I could hypothetically see them being reskinned as spoonbills. I recall the spoonbills posing like that in the movie.
I'd settle for pants.

MerlinTheGoat

The finale scene will be entirely new.

Not sure if it's exactly 48 but it's around that figure. Close to 20 are advanced audio-animatronics, the rest are models with limited movement. No projected faces but plenty of cool projection effects throughout the ride scenes like fireflies and fog.
I'm curious what you mean by "limited movement". I have a certain standard of motion for what I classify as a "real" animatronic. Disney claims Splash Mountain has over 100 animatronics, which is complete BS. There are slightly under 60. They pad that number by counting literally anything with the slightest bit of motion, even the spinning beehives (which are literally just metal tipped with fluorescent paint and a simple motor)...

If a character only has a couple axes of motion like tilting in one direction or spinning, I don't consider it an "animatronic". Those are basic props like you'd see in old department store window displays, classic Fantasyland dark rides and most of Little Mermaid's minor figures. The possums in Splash Mountain as well, I exclude them when counting. Even the stormtroopers in the queue of Star Wars.

The Tiki Room parrots are a the minimum foundation for what i'd classify as a real animatronic (or Mr Bluebird from Splash). A step up from that would probably be the "secondary" characters from attractions like Pirates of the Caribbean, or the past non-speaking presidents in Hall of Presidents. Characters that don't have as much motion as something like a "centerpiece" figure, but still well above Little Mermaid's props. Then you've got the A100 class figures, the Wicked Witch from Great Movie Ride was the first one of those, and I believe the Auctioneer was upgraded to one some years back (along with a number of other human centerpiece AA's). Nowadays though there's A1000 including Hondo Ohnaka, Belle and the characters in the upcoming Frozen ride at Tokyo. I believe the Shaman from Navi River may also be one.

So by simple movement, are you saying most of Tiana's animatronics are more akin to the aforementioned simple props in Little Mermaid? Or are they at least Tiki Room caliber or better? If it's the former and Tiana only has 20 or fewer "true" animatronics, it would be an enormous failure of a ride. I've heard this isn't the case and there would be a ton of new and recycled legit AA's, but i'm still interested in hearing anything others claim to know.

The main characters (both returning and new) are said to be "state of the art", no face projection either. Tiana, Naveen, Mama Odie, Louis and the new bunch of characters from the food company will all be present and would likely be the most advanced out of them all. I'm guessing they'll use A1000's for at least Tiana, Naveen and Louis. Probably a few others as well. And as I said, Tiana, Naveen and Louis at least will appear multiple times throughout the ride. There's also a handful of "lesser" figures, but are still legit animatronics. The diagram for the Otter is one, its range appears comparable to the America Sings figures or slightly better. There are also some new frogs that are said to be legit AA's. And I infer there will be a lot of other instrument playing animals throughout the ride. Many of which are far too large to get by with making simple moving props.

Magenta Panther

A1308493.jpg

tba5877547483839.jpg

BI6837658767.jpg

E9edH9fWEAQchEE.jpg

Yuck to all that concept art. :depressed::hungover:🤮

Kirby86

I'd settle for pants.
Sorry wrong IP you keep the Song of the South theme if you want animals with pants. Princess and the Frog animals don't wear pants. Remember they want authenticity so an otter playing a fiddle is a-ok but give him some clothes and Dr. Facilier's friends from the otherside will take.
Robin Hood also has clothes so that could work as well.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom