News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

James Alucobond

You know that something wasn't done right when all of us agree the barn doesn't look good, and that says a lot, specifically for this attraction.
There has been a weirdly universal parks-wide issue with signage and graphic design elements in particular of late. Examples include the spice cart lettering in Morocco, the menu boards in the Remy expansion, the Jungle Cruise banners, the EPCOT pavilion iconography inconsistency, the Main Street Confectionery Sweetest Spoon garbage, and now this.

Suspirian

Additional photos from today.

The barn is...something. I actually really enjoy the mural but I don't like the way it stops so suddenly/ has implied borders. Why not go floor to ceiling? That signage is awful and looks very Canva.

That being said i think the attraction otherwise is shaping up nicely. Im excited to see the floating foliage being installed that was touch a nice touch in the concept art. I think that area where the water pools with the two frogs on the log will look really pretty. Would love to see some fireflies at night or even a great blue heron figure somewhere

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
Where's the sign for the ride going? The one for Splash Mountain was above the barn but you sort of knew where it was anyway by the large sign of Br'er Rabbit going "Splash Mountain this way!"
20240407_134411.jpg

I believe it's under this tarp.
20240404_162114.jpg
20240404_162239.jpg

Bayou

Where's the sign for the ride going? The one for Splash Mountain was above the barn but you sort of knew where it was anyway by the large sign of Br'er Rabbit going "Splash Mountain this way!"
I think it will go outside of the train station before the queue entrance.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-07 at 10.40.45.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-07 at 10.40.45.png
    198.6 KB · Views: 107

celluloid

Did most people thing the stump on top of Tiana's was majestic? What an odd word to use.
In a theme park sense it for sure was. Iconic and on a lot of merch over the decades.
Majestic enough to draw people in from around the areas.
Mountains and Majestic are typically words that go together. Not sure why you want to call someone's opinion odd in this case.

Ghost93

I don't mind the mountain not looking majestic because it's not a mountain anymore. The emphasis is "bayou" so less attention is being drawn to the height of the drop, even though it's technically the same length as the Splash Mountain drop.

I also think the murals on the barn look kinda cool. What I don't like is the "Tiana's Foods" sign on the barn. It looks waaaay too modern and cheap looking for something meant to take place in the 1920s and be financed by a princess.

wishesnighttimespec

In a theme park sense it for sure was. Iconic and on a lot of merch over the decades.
Mountains and Majestic are typically words that go together. Not sure why you want to call someone's opinion odd in this case.
I think the idea now is that the "weenie" for this attraction is the water tower versus the former mountain, now saltdome. The attraction's main icon is the water tower. Hence that t-shirt we saw that feautured the tower on it.

Kittlesona

I’m so confused by the amount of hate that the exterior is getting. I can understand statements that it doesn’t really fit with the rest of Frontierland (true), I can understand those that say it doesn’t look quite as tall anymore (the removal of forced perspective makes this at least partially true) and I can understand those questioning if it will hold up to significant weather events (remains to be seen), but In my opinion though the exterior is objectively GORGEOUS. I think it’s far more visually interesting that Splash ever was. For the record I never rode Splash and I have zero intentions to ever ride TBA (I dislike getting wet) but I LOVE the new look.

Professortango1

I’m so confused by the amount of hate that the exterior is getting. I can understand statements that it doesn’t really fit with the rest of Frontierland (true), I can understand those that say it doesn’t look quite as tall anymore (the removal of forced perspective makes this at least partially true) and I can understand those questioning if it will hold up to significant weather events (remains to be seen), but In my opinion though the exterior is objectively GORGEOUS. I think it’s far more visually interesting that Splash ever was. For the record I never rode Splash and I have zero intentions to ever ride TBA (I dislike getting wet) but I LOVE the new look.
I think the original mountain had so much detail that rewarded you as it drew your eye upward. This version looks like they covered all of that detail up with foliage. It resembles the Rain Forest Cafe and other places that use fake plants as a way to mask unthemed walls or ceilings. I think it looks okay, but it certainly makes the mountain . Making a drop look smaller and less significant when it was designed for the opposite seems like they are fighting against human conditioning. It reminds me a lot of the Mission BO change to TOT. Threw up a bunch of stuff to cover the facade, made it look less scary, and tried to sell a scary attraction as fun and light-hearted. Its why Monsters After Dark works better than the daytime version.

MerlinTheGoat

I was wondering if that banner was actually made out of a floppy material, or if it was more rigid. Guess the images of it being installed answers that. Really surprised they didn't use a solid/rigid material. I'm very curious how this will hold up in tropical storm or hurricane winds.

I’m going to assume the foliage for this is similar to if not the same material as the leaves on the Tree of Life.
The foliage looks like it varies quite a bit. The larger leaves on the cypress trees for instance don't look like they sway as much as real trees do in a light wind, so i'd say they're probably more solid and perhaps similar to the leaves on the Tree of Life. Other elements such as the smaller ivy and flowers attached to the rockwork concern me though. I've noticed they flutter quite a lot in the wind and probably aren't as substantial.

You're 100% entitled to your opinion, with the small note that what looks good is "subjective", and not "objective".

In terms of the overall view of the mountain, I think it looks very messy and awkward when viewed as a whole. Sort of like a big tangled bush.

However, I will say that the small individual areas viewed close up tend to look quite nice on their own. Whenever I see a zoom-in on the little corners and gardens with all of their detail, those shots tend to look rather attractive. But it's the wide shots of the entire facade that sort of spoils it. The higher parts of the center mountain and flume look the worst overall. It becomes very unnatural, noisy and chaotic.

Incidentally, if you DO ever get the inclination to ride TBA, ask for the row at the very back. On Splash Mtn at least, that row tended to remain immensely more dry than the others. You can also duck your head down right as the boat reaches the bottom of the big drop and avoid most of the splash there. Unless they've got the soaker cannons around the first turn at the beginning cranked all the way up (which is easy to determine by just looking from the bridge), I've found these strategies to be a fairly effective way of staying mostly dry.

Last edited:

JD80

We have different definitions of majestic I think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom