News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
Walking over the bridge this evening from BTMRR toward Pecos before HEA I heard a melodic and peaceful "Colors of the Wind"...in Frontierland? Is this recent? Quite a shift from the typical banjo old west genre I am accustomed to.

Any chance this is the begining of a slow shift toward a New Frontierland now that TBA is opening soon?

eudoracharlottefinale.png

I told y'all and some of you claimed my info was "outdated"

GKXfpQJbsAAV_Uv.jpg

Right once again

ralphienaveenfinale.png

GKXf-ozbYAANs-9.jpg

Juneteenth is now a possibility according to some of my people close to the project for the Grand Opening in Florida, but we'll have to wait and see. Disney will release the last batch of critter reveals this coming Tuesday and we may get more information.

Also I cannot stress how disappointed I was when we got the poster, there were so many possibilities for the artwork, I really despise the new trend of attraction posters being created digitally and being so simplistic, an example is now Bayou and Runaway Railway. Keep in mind Splash Mountain's poster was painted BY HAND. I really wish we could get more elaborate artwork for attraction posters done with traditional mediums.

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
Walking over the bridge this evening from BTMRR toward Pecos before HEA I heard a melodic and peaceful "Colors of the Wind"...in Frontierland? Is this recent? Quite a shift from the typical banjo old west genre I am accustomed to.

Any chance this is the begining of a slow shift toward a New Frontierland now that TBA is opening soon?
It’s the orchestral version from the preshow loop for the fireworks. Gorgeous piece of music.

MerlinTheGoat

But it DOES appear to have been outdated... No one ever denied that the renders you obtained were real, and that most/all of what appeared in them at that point in time would also likely be present in the final ride. It's your claim that there would only the 9 characters in the finale that people (myself in particular) were questioning. At the very least, we now know that the Beaver will also be present there. With that, it's a pretty safe assumption that the other main critters should be there too. Quite possibly all 18 of them.

MerlinTheGoat

Just because they weren't included doesn't imply it's outdated. The critters were omitted because they are simpler animatronic figures compared to the ones showcased in the render. There will be 9 human (probably A1000) AAs
Wasn't the claim "animatronics"? The beaver as depicted in the preview is clearly a limited motion prop. Granted there were two in the Splash finale, but there were also 18-24 full motion animatronics.
If there are missing characters in a render, then it's outdated. Especially if it was explicitly stated that these were all we would be getting period.

Based on the diagram for the Otter (if accurate), not all of the critters are going to be as simple as the Beaver. I'd also venture a guess that some of the larger ones from the most recent batch are likely to have more movement than the smaller ones. And I even say this as someone who is pretty disappointed that the Beaver appears to be so simple.

Back in September last year, Archive said that only Charlotte's father and Naveen's parents would be added to the scene beyond what the renders showed. Which again, itself is another point of evidence that it wasn't up to date. He also said not to expect any extra characters at all. Only saying that maybe a couple of static critters could be added last minute. Even with the Beaver's simple movements, it's not static.

I don't know that I would count the "Rocking Lottie" as an A1000 AA.
I don't know what model she is, but I sort of doubt she's a simple moving prop either. that video clip isn't remotely long enough to establish her range of motion.

mickEblu

View attachment 777766

View attachment 777765

Right once again

View attachment 777767

View attachment 777768

Juneteenth is now a possibility according to some of my people close to the project for the Grand Opening in Florida, but we'll have to wait and see. Disney will release the last batch of critter reveals this coming Tuesday and we may get more information.

Also I cannot stress how disappointed I was when we got the poster, there were so many possibilities for the artwork, I really despise the new trend of attraction posters being created digitally and being so simplistic, an example is now Bayou and Runaway Railway. Keep in mind Splash Mountain's poster was painted BY HAND. I really wish we could get more elaborate artwork for attraction posters done with traditional mediums.

I like the MMRR poster for Disneyland. Does DHS have a different one?

Any word on Dr Facilier being on the ride?

If there are missing characters in a render, then it's outdated. Especially if it was explicitly stated that these were all we would be getting period.

Based on the diagram for the Otter (if accurate), not all of the critters are going to be as simple as the Beaver. I'd also venture a guess that some of the larger ones from the most recent batch are likely to have more movement than the smaller ones. And I even say this as someone who is pretty disappointed that the Beaver appears to be so simple.

Back in September last year, Archive said that only Charlotte's father and Naveen's parents would be added to the scene beyond what the renders showed. Which again, itself is another point of evidence that it wasn't up to date. He also said not to expect any extra characters at all. Only saying that maybe a couple of static critters could be added last minute. Even with the Beaver's simple movements, it's not static.

I don't know what model she is, but I sort of doubt she's a simple moving prop either. that video clip isn't remotely long enough to establish her range of motion.

The post you're referring to, I mention the addition of simplistic figures being added last minute to fill out space, I was correct as usual. The reason the beaver isn't included in this render is because it's a limited motion figure. There are different programming server files that only include the A1000s and ones that include the limited motion figures. Think of it as layers. All figures are programmed individually by a team of 2-4 people. So no they are NOT outdated this is simply one layer of digital figures which is also why the render is all gray. Once all layers are combined we can see the fully fledged out digital scene, full color, all the characters, and animation.

Bayou

My animatronic count prediction:

16 human audio animatronics + Louis

18 critter animatronics

5 flamingo animatronics (speculative)

18 more critter animatronics (for finale, speculative)

3 Mostly still human figures (Big Daddy and Queen + King of Meldonia, speculative)

A lot of still frogs

= 60 "animatronics" (rather physical [not reliant on media] realizations of characters)

Last edited:

MerlinTheGoat

I think the wrong qualifier was being used. The renders are rather "Incomplete" in terms of animated figures.
I used that word in my posts as well, but it was still said the 8 humans and Louis were all we would be getting. Even when pointing out all of the unfilled empty spaces on the building.

Homemade Imagineering

Rough AA count thus far:

18 promised critters in AA form

17 confirmed from the whiteboard seen in the reveal video

3 more humans in the finale (King + Queen of Meldonia)

1 Timoléon, Naveen, and Spoonbill (boat scene concept art)

And that is a grand total of 41 AAs at the VERY LEAST.

To me the fact the beaver is in the finale is a dead giveaway every critter out of the 18 will be there. If they’re hyping them up this much it wouldn’t make sense not to include them. 18 critters are the missing ingredient for the party, of course every single one will be present. That gives us nearly 27 figures in the finale alone. The Rara band is also confirmed to appear further down the bayou meaning someplace else aside from the finale, and the Zydeco band is confirmed for the former Slippin’ Falls scene. I am sure the same circumstance applies to the last band of critters yet to be revealed. Couple all this with some side critters (turtles & frogs) and we’ve got a healthy amount. At this point I’m a little concerned about how much motion each critter may display, but I have a feeling they will all be on a similar level of quality as the AAs within Pets at Universal Hollywood, which isn’t so bad

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom