News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

In the Parks
No
She was my aunt's friend in college. im not lying
BHleDAvz7VVl1sW9AHPvs26R05oWQiMSqEb9-NAt1aKLGg2HbG6pyMPkVoFavyv9OH7GSBfJegfpB_-nMeknaWkqwyGdaA3DjyFZ

You MUST tell her about the barn!

Thank you! I'm glad you are enjoying them. In terms of when Tiana is going to open, unfortunately it doesn't come down to when the attraction is done, but when it makes the most sense for Disney to open it with the fiscal year. We also usually see at least an 80-day window from when the opening date is announced to opening day itself. It's unfortunate that it probably will be "done" by Memorial Day weekend, but I still can't see the official opening until the very end of June because of said reasons above. I have zero inside information about the opening date, but going off of previous openings and patterns, that's what I'm expecting for this one.
Thank you so much for your reply and information :)

mergatroid

To clarify (bc I do understand your points):

I am not getting hyped or excited for these AAs as has been described by Disney. The reason? Because the promise does not deliver. They failed with the Yeti after a ton of hype, and they failed with the Frozen crew and their projected faces.

We all remember how terrible the AAs were cared for in Splash. Why would Tiana’s be any different?

Just because you say “it’s the biggest and fastest” in reference to the Yeti, and say it’s the “most advanced ever” with Tiana’s, does not mean they will be functioning properly, or at all. It’s almost like Disney advertising having two water parks, but you only ever have the chance of entering one on your vacation.
I’m certain that the AAs will be impressive, but will they be as functional years from opening? The Yeti isn’t. And that was highly touted.
In fairness the Yeti was classed as a great success before it broke. Most people on here say how fantastic it was (did very little for me even when it worked as you went by too fast to take it in) and how much they want it back. That in itself shows that to many that animatronic was 'awesome'.

The reason for it's failings appear to be a lack of foresight into it's weight, it's placement and the wear and tear of those two things combined. It's constant weight and movement was causing problems with the foundation I believe (somebody can correct me on that)? If that's the case then it's those factors that should be worried about with regards to a repeat problem happening with other animatronics.

As your complaint seems to be "I’m certain that the AAs will be impressive, but will they be as functional years from opening? The Yeti isn’t. And that was highly touted." you're specifically laying the result of the Yeti no longer working as being the problem? The fact you continually reference the Yeti implies that's your main concern. That being the case then you'd have to ask is the weight, placement and constant movement going to damage these new animatronics the same way the Yeti did? I would assume that Disney being fully aware of the previous issues cause would have taken them into account this time, is there anything you know that says there's any similarity physically with the Yeti or examples of concerns by anyone with regards to these new animatronics having similar problems?

Since the Yet problems started I don't think there's been any animatronics created by Disney that have had identical issues? That being the case I fail to see why all of a sudden they're going to create another animatronic with the exact same stress and weakness points and position it somewhere hard to access like the Yeti. Again if you know of anything that contradicts that then we may have something to worry about. Any animatronic can go wrong or not be maintained properly, it's your specific reference to the Yeti that I'm talking about.

The Frozen faces issue can't be an issue as these new animatronics don't use projections on their faces so that can't really be worth worrying about too much.

Last edited:

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Where's the sign for the ride going? The one for Splash Mountain was above the barn but you sort of knew where it was anyway by the large sign of Br'er Rabbit going "Splash Mountain this way!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom