News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

mergatroid

Seems a bit odd that people are now trying to get 'limited motion' into their posts as though it's a negative?

I mean when we originally got the complaints about AA's being removed and replaced by less AA's (a fair worry), nobody was complaining that many of those removed AA's were fairly 'limited motion'. Now it appears that there's far more AA's (and good ones at that) being put in the attraction than previously thought, it's suddenly as though we're now classing 'limited motion' AA's as not real AA's? At least that's how it reads.

We'll find out when it opens I'm sure but it does appear there's a lot more been done with this attraction than what was expected. Personally I'm really quite excited by it and hopefully will be able to ride it in September this year.

Last edited:

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Sooooooo.
Any construction updates or are we just going to rehash everything from the other thread ?

Stephen Colbert Waiting GIF
This is still the most accurate post in this thread, over a year later

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Seems a bit odd that people are now trying to get 'limited motion' into their posts as though it's a negative?

I mean when we originally got the complaints about AA's being removed and replaced by less AA's (a fair worry), nobody was complaining that many of those removed AA's were fairly 'limited motion'. Now it appears that there's far more AA's (and good ones at that) being put in the attraction than previously thought, it's suddenly as though we're now classing 'limited motion' AA's as not real AA's? At least that's how it reads.

We'll find out when it opens I'm sure but it does appear there's a lot more been done with this attraction than what was expected. Personally I'm really quite excited by it and hopefully will be able to ride it in September this year.
I'd be happy if the characters were not obvious blocks of plastic glued to the wall (Cf. Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid).

MerlinTheGoat

Fair enough, just seems like you're going down he glass half full route by looking for the negative possibilities. When you say there were a handful, if you watch a video of the attraction you may be surprised by how many there actually were, there were more than a 'handful'. Several of the large ones were very limited if you want to look for limited movement.
There were about 55 figures in WDWs Splash that were genuine animatronics. About 17-18 in the finale alone. About 75 genuine animatronics at Disneyland's version, 26 of which were in its finale. All of those characters on the riverboat for instance were the real deal and had a very good range of movement when maintained. There weren't as many simple ones as you'd think, those were mostly relegated to things such as the spinning beehives, tiny hanging possums, and a couple of the Brer Bears (despite his large size, he's already a slow moving character, so they were somewhat able to make it work for him). But even a lot of the smaller critters such as the bullfrogs had quite a lot of dynamic motion to them (swivel, bobbing up and down, eyelids, mouths that were synced to the lyrics).

If Tiana only has about 17ish figures that could be considered genuine animatronics (a1000 or not), while the rest are relegated to something akin to that Beaver figure with only 2-3 axes of repetitive canned motion, we'd definitely have a problem. I don't think there are only 17, but we'll see.

Mikomike12

Food delivery trucks in the middle of the Great Depression? I know milk and bread delivery service was a thing in the 30's but come on... This wasn't really a thing until after WWII.
you're complaining about a food truck in a world where singing animals are being hired to do party entertainment, and a princess and prince turned into a frog then became human again after the demise of a voodoo villain. please suspend reality I beg you

In the Parks
No
you're complaining about a food truck in a world where singing animals are being hired to do party entertainment, and a princess and prince turned into a frog then became human again after the demise of a voodoo villain. please suspend reality I beg you
But will the bayou critters be fairly compensated? That's a major question that I hope this ride addresses.

Disstevefan1

There were about 55 figures in WDWs Splash that were genuine animatronics. About 17-18 in the finale alone. About 75 genuine animatronics at Disneyland's version, 26 of which were in its finale. All of those characters on the riverboat for instance were the real deal and had a very good range of movement when maintained. There weren't as many simple ones as you'd think, those were mostly relegated to things such as the spinning beehives, tiny hanging possums, and a couple of the Brer Bears (despite his large size, he's already a slow moving character, so they were somewhat able to make it work for him). But even a lot of the smaller critters such as the bullfrogs had quite a lot of dynamic motion to them (swivel, bobbing up and down, eyelids, mouths that were synced to the lyrics).

If Tiana only has about 17ish figures that could be considered genuine animatronics (a1000 or not), while the rest are relegated to something akin to that Beaver figure with only 2-3 axes of repetitive canned motion, we'd definitely have a problem. I don't think there are only 17, but we'll see.

Disney formally said "dozens" of animatronics, so that means at least 24 I would presume. To me they don't all need to be a1000

Brer Oswald

The food truck itself is fine. I think it's the logo and signage that has a really hard time selling the illusion of the time period the attraction is supposed to take place in. Very generic, 2010s "Canva"-esque design.

I think emphasizing food and food production in a ride where you are constantly getting a faceful of bromine water is a strange choice.

mickEblu

The food truck itself is fine. I think it's the logo and signage that has a really hard time selling the illusion of the time period the attraction is supposed to take place in. Very generic, 2010s "Canva"-esque design.

I think emphasizing food and food production in a ride where you are constantly getting a faceful of bromine water is a strange choice.

I don’t mind the truck but yeah the signage and logo they keep plastering everywhere are awful.

MerlinTheGoat

Disney formally said "dozens" of animatronics, so that means at least 24 I would presume. To me they don't all need to be a1000
They did, but Disney also plays very loose with the term animatronic. Using it to describe static or nearly static props such as the aforementioned spinning beehives (I'm serious about that, their description for Splash referred to "animatronic bees"). Or the stormtrooper props in Rise of the Resistance that are mostly static apart from a small handful that can turn or Bob their head, or raise and lower their guns. You have to be very careful with Disney's claims in this regard. That's why I made my own counts for Splash Mt (roughly 55 and 75 for WDW and DL respectively) and ignore Disney's claims of "over 100".

Last edited:

EagleScout610

Causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I put this list together of the limited movement figures of both Splashes. Many of the figures that were limited motion on DL seem to had been upgraded to actual figures in WDW (Br'er Rabbit and Br'er Bear in the Laughin' Place are the best examples)

Disneyland
  • Br’er Frog (Only pulls line with foot)
  • Br'er Bear in the Dollar a Minute scene (Just waved his arm while bobbing up and down)
  • Br’er Roadrunner (Can only move his head)
  • Possums singing How Do You Do (Loop hand/feet movement)
  • Br’er Bear's butt above the dip drop (Just wiggles back and forth)
  • Spinning beehives (Spins)
  • Giggling Br’er Rabbit (Rocked back and forth with a spring arm)
  • Stung Br’er Bear (Rocked back and forth with spring arms)
  • Gophers in the Laughin’ Place (Pop up and down)
  • Some of the baby possums and rabbits (Pop up and down)
  • Mr. Bluebird (Just moved his head and arm in a loop)
  • Br’er Bear’s butt in the finale (Being pushed on by Br’er Fox)
  • Brer Gator (Slides back and forth)

Walt Disney World

• Possums singing Laughin’ Place
  • Jumping fish under Br’er Frog
  • Br’er Bear’s butt right before the dip-drop
  • Spinning beehives after the dip-drop
  • Gophers in the Laughin’ Place
  • Br’er Bear’s butt in the finale (being pushed on by Brer Fox)
  • Br’er Gator

MerlinTheGoat

Food delivery trucks in the middle of the Great Depression? I know milk and bread delivery service was a thing in the 30's but come on... This wasn't really a thing until after WWII.
There's nothing out of place whatsoever with the truck within the movie's time period. The Market Crash happened in 1929. The movie was 1926 and this ride has been said to be about a year after the movie, 1927 (the photo of placing the tiara atop the water tower has 1927 written on it).

Trucks like these were very much commonplace on large farms during that era. Well before that year in fact.

1712593982560.jpeg

Out of place in Frontierland as a whole, then I agree. But since you specified the PATF movie and its time period, no it's perfectly reasonable in that context.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom