News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

UNCgolf

While I don’t like the fact I can’t ride a ride as many times as I’d like, I also enjoy the fact that I don’t have to stand in line five hours to ride Guardians and can do other things while I wait my turn.

I think it's incredibly unlikely that Guardians would have a 5 hour line, but it might have a 2 hour one.

It's not actually a huge issue at EPCOT, because EPCOT has so many other things to do (MK is obviously in good shape here too) and because it's easy to get a VQ spot most days. On the days when it's gone in a few seconds, though, it really sucks for the people who don't even have a choice to ride.

On those, the VQ is much better for APs/DVC/locals who will be back soon than the average Disney guest who may not be back for several years (or ever), because those guests just won't get to experience the attraction at all if they don't get a spot. ILL (putting aside its other flaws) is probably a better system for them than the free VQ.

The expected Tiana VQ will probably be similar to Rise and be gone almost instantly every day, if only because it's at the Magic Kingdom (which means there are more guests visiting on a daily basis than the other parks).

Last edited:

aladdin2007

I think it's incredibly unlikely that Guardians would have a 5 hour line, but it might have a 2 hour one.

It's not actually a huge issue at EPCOT, because EPCOT has so many other things to do (MK is obviously in good shape here too) and because it's easy to get a VQ spot most days. On the days when it's gone in a few seconds, though, it really sucks for the people who don't even have a choice to ride.

On those, the VQ is much better for APs/DVC/locals who will be back soon than the average Disney guest who may not be back for several years (or ever), because those guests just won't get to experience the attraction at all if they don't get a spot. ILL (putting aside its other flaws) is probably a better system for them than the free VQ.

The expected Tiana VQ will probably be similar to Rise and be gone almost instantly every day, if only because it's at the Magic Kingdom (which means there are more guests visiting on a daily basis than the other parks).
it will be impossible to ride because of the lousy unnecessary system, its all just for precious cash flow in disneys eyes.

Brer Oswald

I wonder how many months the VQ would last. Hate to ask but would they make this an Individual Lighting Lane (pay to ride)?
They could. I feel like they would almost have to if it was VQ. However this would mean MK would have 3 ILLs at the same time (an unprecedented number for the American parks). Under no circumstances would they give away Mine Train or Tron for “free” within the regular Genie+.

I would not be shocked if the VQ period for this lasts as long as Runaway Railway did at Disneyland. The ride really doesn’t need it. Its capacity and hourly throughput are both higher than the coasters. Most will still want to ride this in the middle of the afternoon.

MagicHappens1971

They could. I feel like they would almost have to if it was VQ. However this would mean MK would have 3 ILLs at the same time (an unprecedented number for the American parks). Under no circumstances would they give away Mine Train or Tron for “free” within the regular Genie+.
Tron will be open a little over a year by the time TBA opens. They’ll shift the ILL to Tiana. As for Tron’s VQ, that’s up in the air

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Is the assumption that they are gonna open TBA and, while it's open, work on the facade left side (currently untouched)? Or are they going to do that while ride testing and/or previews are in progress? I can't think of any times (other than Disneyland's opening) that they were working on a ride's facade, ESPECIALLY one with a major outdoor aspect, while it was open to GP.

JoeCamel

Is the assumption that they are gonna open TBA and, while it's open, work on the facade left side (currently untouched)? Or are they going to do that while ride testing and/or previews are in progress? I can't think of any times (other than Disneyland's opening) that they were working on a ride's facade, ESPECIALLY one with a major outdoor aspect, while it was open to GP.
How long did it really take to switch over this side once the tree was off? Plenty of time to get it done

yensidtlaw1969

Re: The Briar Patch store, in the above photo it looks like they've simply pruned the Thorns off the branches. Maybe they'll be keeping them and redressing as Roots

It does seem clear there's still work to be done here, though. The way they've patched the thorns makes it clear they don't consider this done.
Screenshot 2024-01-16 at 11.29.50 AM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom