News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

retr0gate

Is a VQ even practical for a ride like this? I understand that demand will undoubtedly be high when it reopens, but we already know the queue has a pretty decent capacity for multi-hour long waits, provided there aren't extensive changes to the layout. Splash Mountain was always one of those rides you'd hit in the middle of the day or first thing in the morning to beat the heat. What's going to happen to the family who wakes up at 7 AM to secure their spot, and then gets a return time for the evening? Most people don't want to get soaked with no chance to dry off right before leaving the park for the day. It's why the ride always had little to no wait towards the end of the night, especially during the colder months. We can assume that the queue has the capacity for it, so wouldn't it just be better to have this one go standby sooner rather than later?

MagicHappens1971

Is a VQ even practical for a ride like this? I understand that demand will undoubtedly be high when it reopens, but we already know the queue has a pretty decent capacity for multi-hour long waits, provided there aren't extensive changes to the layout. Splash Mountain was always one of those rides you'd hit in the middle of the day or first thing in the morning to beat the heat. What's going to happen to the family who wakes up at 7 AM to secure their spot, and then gets a return time for the evening? Most people don't want to get soaked with no chance to dry off right before leaving the park for the day. It's why the ride always had little to no wait towards the end of the night, especially during the colder months. We can assume that the queue has the capacity for it, so wouldn't it just be better to have this one go standby sooner rather than later?
It’s going to open with a VQ. Disneys current track record would not make me think anything else

mickEblu

Additional photos from today.

53466367695_23bca8fcfb_k.jpg
[/url]

Not a huge deal but the juxtaposition of those artificial leaves with the moss and some of the real greenery in the foreground make them look artificial. Makes them look a bit too bright/ glossy. I don’t get that with the other views. Could also be the cloudy lighting

Last edited:

MerlinTheGoat

I agree, the real question is how long will it last?
Guardians is going on 2+years so, awhile.
And Ratatouille didn't. It'll all come down to demand.
Ratatouille did have a VQ when it first opened, though I think only for about 3-4 months.

I'm sure Tiana will have one as well. Seems like that's just going to be the new normal going forward with either new or redone attractions. I expect it to have very very long lines, especially for the first year or more of operation. Though it will be interesting to see if this persists even through the winter season.

UNCgolf

VQ only attractions are generally a bad idea for daily park operations and the overall guest experience. It was basically a requirement for Rise because reliability was terrible, but still having one for Guardians is awful and requiring one for this is also a horrible idea.

They'll definitely do it, though.

Epcot82Guy

VQ only attractions are generally a bad idea for daily park operations and the overall guest experience. It was basically a requirement for Rise because reliability was terrible, but still having one for Guardians is awful and requiring one for this is also a horrible idea.

They'll definitely do it, though.

It's too easy of a marketing tool and analyst tool (i.e. run out every day) to not use. As bad and unnecessary an idea it actually is in practice.

bmr1591

While I don’t like the fact I can’t ride a ride as many times as I’d like, I also enjoy the fact that I don’t have to stand in line five hours to ride Guardians and can do other things while I wait my turn.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom