News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
It's literally making a hill out of a mountain. It has to stay the same height, and look shorter. So maybe, it's reverse forced perspective, like on American Adventure.
Seems pretty on purpose to me...
View attachment 763309
View attachment 763311
WDI no longer understands forced perspective. So tragic that a group of interns and box checkers have ruined something so which so carefully crafted and executed.

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
It's literally making a hill out of a mountain. It has to stay the same height, and look shorter. So maybe, it's reverse forced perspective, like on American Adventure.
Seems pretty on purpose to me...
Now that the drop is exposed it's alot easier to do a line-up of Tiana's with Splash and the rockwork seems to be close to if not the same height it was at the base of the tree.
Screen Shot 2024-01-16 at 12.39.34 PM.png

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Now that the drop is exposed it's alot easier to do a line-up of Tiana's with Splash and the rockwork seems to be close to if not the same height it was at the base of the tree. View attachment 763312
Yes, but with the water tower, obviously it wouldn't be the same size as the mountain. If you were to do that same thing but with Tiana on the right and Splash on the left, it'd look smaller

Brer Oswald

Let’s be real for one second, when those logs are sliding down that drop again, the average person is still going to think “gee, that looks thrilling and scary”.

🤦🏻
Which is why it’s counterintuitive to attempt to make it look “smaller” and obscured with the water tower and the trees. I still standby the fact that they should’ve replaced the dead tree with a swampy willow tree.

JohnD

Disney World's Briar Patch store has been closed since the parks reopened after COVID. Disneyland's re-opened and still has Br'er Rabbit on the exterior.
Another poster on this forum took photos of it open in the last several weeks either over New Years or the RunDisney event.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I don’t think it looks great…or even bad. It looks very undistinct. Like something you would see at Knott’s.
The ride is now an essentially a princess ride. Target audience young girls age 5-15.

It is possible that to prevent the young ones, particularly the little princesses from balling their eyes out and not wanting to go on the ride, they've muted the more "thrilling" aspects to help prevent this.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom