News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Eric Graham

Well when you pick up a tray and slide it along the rails to get food, I would call that a cafeteria....cuz that is pretty much what it is. When you name it "Tiana's Palace" and it does not resemble the "Tiana's Palace" from the namesake film and instead has Cafeteria service, I think the criticism is valid. I did not say it looks terrible...
Might as well just to go to a Perkins if it's going to be like that . . . and save a bunch of money.

TheMaxRebo

But for the only representation of Tiana's Palace to be a converted counter-service restaurant seems wrong. Watching the film makes me want to go to that place. If Tiana were a real person (which is what we're pretending in this theme park), I feel like this isn't what she would be going for (unless the experience of opening a restaurant that didn't fulfill her dream is what convinced her to go into the food supply business).

I know they don't really have the space, so I guess it's better than nothing. But WDW does have the space, and it's almost certain we're just going to get a Pecos Bill conversion.

I agree - maybe call this Tiana's Food Hall or something but save calling it the name from the movie for something that looks like actually going to the place from the movie

though I am sure people would complain about that too

Bocabear

let me first say I think it looks cute and nice...but........If they are going to be pushing the "Tiana Foods Factory CoOp" storyline it would actually make sense to theme it to the employee cafeteria and break room... It could have lots of whimsical details that would suit the storyline, rather than call it Tiana's Palace which is a location from the film that we already know, that this clearly does not match...

Sir_Cliff

I'm kind of on the side of those who find Tiana's Palace a bit of a miss.

It's obvious why they put it there and it is how it is because it is a retrofit of an existing restaurant. Anyone thinking they were going to step into the Tiana's Palace of the movie, though, would be pretty disappointed when they saw the reality. If the whole point of IP integration is to allow people to step into the world of the movies, I wish they had of either built something that looks more like the restaurant from the film or put a different spin on this restaurant. This looks a little bit like what would have happened if Chef Skinner from Ratatouille took over the restaurant and started franchising it after Tiana passed away.

Last edited:

Dear Prudence

I'm kind of on the side of those who find Tiana's Place a bit of a miss.

It's obvious why they put it there and it is how it is as a retrofit of an existing restaurant. Anyone thinking they were going to step into the Tiana's Place of the movie, though, would be pretty disappointed when they saw the reality. If the whole point of IP integration is to allow people to step into the world of the movies, I wish they had of either built something that looks more like the restaurant from the film or put a different spin on this restaurant. This looks a little bit like what would have happened if Chef Skinner from Ratatouille took over the restaurant and started franchising it after Tiana passed away.
This is exactly what I got out of it. :(

Smiley/OCD

Well when you pick up a tray and slide it along the rails to get food, I would call that a cafeteria....cuz that is pretty much what it is. When you name it "Tiana's Palace" and it does not resemble the "Tiana's Palace" from the namesake film and instead has Cafeteria service, I think the criticism is valid. I did not say it looks terrible...
Maybe they should make it into the old NYC Times Square automat…except instead of feeding them coins, they’ll all have card readers…a window with 3 beignets for $6.00…powdered sugar extra…right next to the straws and lids…

Dear Prudence

It’s a legitimate thing to scrutinise. I happen not to agree with the complaints, but there’s nothing wrong in principle with fans criticising the design of a character’s outfit.
...especially since in the film Tiana has the most costume changes and is the most stylish of all the Disney princesses. :(

DCBaker

Premium Member
Photos shared at Destination D23.

Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 9.26.41 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-09-09 at 9.26.53 AM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom