News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

MerlinTheGoat

You’re just particularly bitter about the one Tiana got.
This isn't remotely true, there are still people bitter to this day over what they did to Horizons, World of Motion, Imagination and now Great Movie Ride. I'm one of them. Tiana is not unique in that regard.

What is different about Tiana is that Disney poked an immensely larger hornets nest this time, angering far more people than normal. The other examples I mentioned above were all massive mistakes as well and i'm every bit as disgusted by those as Splash. Perhaps even moreso as there's at least a potential chance that Tiana won't be as much of a downgrade as what happened with the others. That said, Splash is far more well known and more popular among the general public than anything they've destroyed before. It's more similar to losing Haunted Mansion or Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean. As a result, a lot more people than usual took notice and expressed their anger over this than with past closures.

The Louis animatronic looks impressive but are we to believe that Disney is gonna put more than 2 Louis animatronics in the ride.
I don't know how many copies of Louis they'll have, but he's a major character and i'd imagine he would probably be one of (if not the) biggest merch pushers. I suspect he'll appear more than twice.

I'm curious if some of his variants will be partially submerged like one of the pieces of art showcased. If there are some that are underwater and others that aren't, then there may also be different technologies at play between the Louis figures. Perhaps some will be more advanced than others as well.

Shall we start a betting pool for how long it takes before Louis is most often seen in B mode?
I’ll take the under 90 days…
I'm guessing a lot of these new A1000 figures will start having lengthy breakdowns within the first few months of operation. They have serious trouble maintaining far smaller quantities of these types of AA's in entirely dry attractions. Imagine how a much larger quantity in a very wet environment would do. I don't want to think about what it will look like after a year or so, they'll probably just be abandoned outright same as Splash's figures. And it may even end up in worse condition due to the figures being so advanced.

Drdcm

So do they all have gold colored innards and have the little Mickey cutout or is this one specially made for social media?

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
This isn't remotely true, there are still people bitter to this day over what they did to Horizons, World of Motion, Imagination and now Great Movie Ride. I'm one of them. Tiana is not unique in that regard.

What is different about Tiana is that Disney poked an immensely larger hornets nest this time, angering far more people than normal. The other examples I mentioned above were all massive mistakes as well and i'm every bit as disgusted by those as Splash. Perhaps even moreso as there's at least a potential chance that Tiana won't be as much of a downgrade as what happened with the others. That said, Splash is far more well known and more popular among the general public than anything they've destroyed before. It's more similar to losing Haunted Mansion or Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean. As a result, a lot more people than usual took notice and expressed their anger over this than with past closures.

I don't know how many copies of Louis they'll have, but he's a major character and i'd imagine he would probably be one of (if not the) biggest merch pushers. I suspect he'll appear more than twice.

I'm curious if some of his variants will be partially submerged like one of the pieces of art showcased. If there are some that are underwater and others that aren't, then there may also be different technologies at play between the Louis figures. Perhaps some will be more advanced than others as well.

I'm guessing a lot of these new A1000 figures will start having lengthy breakdowns within the first few months of operation. They have serious trouble maintaining far smaller quantities of these types of AA's in entirely dry attractions. Imagine how a much larger quantity in a very wet environment would do. I don't want to think about what it will look like after a year or so, they'll probably just be abandoned outright same as Splash's figures. And it may even end up in worse condition due to the figures being so advanced.
I'm sure they'll have a B-Mode that involves a screen coming down in front of the lifeless animatronic. Then we'll get the 1.0 version of this ride that was originally pitched.
So do they all have gold colored innards and have the little Mickey cutout or is this one specially made for social media?
Yeah, I noticed that too! It's kind of weird that they made that. It clearly serves no purpose.

MerlinTheGoat

If Splash Archive is accurate in his claim, one of the Louis figures might be appearing in the flooded cavern. At least in the Disneyland variant.

This is right at the beginning of the Laughing Place, just after the final small drop on the left hand side as you're turning. This boat and the dog AA don't exist at WDW. Instead, there's a bunch of different collapsing scenery and jumping fountains. Archive claims the boat itself is actually being repurposed for the new scene. So i'm wondering how they will translate this scene to WDW's version, if at all. Seems like just making a new boat would be easy enough. This space also seems to be larger at WDW.

If the other piece of art for WDW showing the critter band is accurate, there's going to be another Louis figure in the first scene right after the first small drop. I'm also going to assume he'll be part of the finale as well. So i'd expect at least three, if not more elsewhere.

Brer Panther

If concept art is to be believed, at least 3. The one in the video looks like the finale one.
How many pieces of concept art featuring Louis have been released by now? Three? And the first one with Mama Odie's tree at the top of the mountain is outdated, right?

Have they released concept art of what the finale (as in, the scene with the riverboat which may or may not be removed) will look like?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom