News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

celluloid

If Disney does not care about a near 1930s animated film Louisiana Salt Dome being in Frontierland...
what makes one think they would take the effort to make a tiny section rather than just letting it be the odd Frontierland?

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
well… does Frontierland become New Orleans square then?
No, not if anything to say about it, I have! The way I see it, they could take the back end of Pecos Bill that leads into Adventureland, which as I recall is a bit of gap anyway, and insert some New Orleans facades over there, making that the front of the Tiana restaurant. The current front of Pecos Bill could become the secondary entrance to the Tiana restaurant and retain more frontier-ish theming. And of course, they'd have to wall off the Country Bears' exit.

But then again, maybe this proposal puts the Country Bears in danger, and that's something I don't even want to think about. So maybe they build a new New Orleans area eventually to lead to the Beyond Big Thunder stuff.

JoeCamel

No, not if anything to say about it, I have! The way I see it, they could take the back end of Pecos Bill that leads into Adventureland, which as I recall is a bit of gap anyway, and insert some New Orleans facades over there, making that the front of the Tiana restaurant. The current front of Pecos Bill could become the secondary entrance to the Tiana restaurant and retain more frontier-ish theming. And of course, they'd have to wall off the Country Bears' exit.

But then again, maybe this proposal puts the Country Bears in danger, and that's something I don't even want to think about. So maybe they build a new New Orleans area eventually to lead to the Beyond Big Thunder stuff.
Big Al would like a word with you, meet him on the docks....

EagleScout610

Leader of the Mondo Fan Club
Premium Member
More photos from the site we don't say
tianas-bayou-adventure-sep-2023-construction-wdw-2009.jpg
tianas-bayou-adventure-sep-2023-construction-wdw-2016.jpg
tianas-bayou-adventure-sep-2023-construction-wdw-2046.jpg
tianas-bayou-adventure-sep-2023-construction-wdw-2006.jpg
tianas-bayou-adventure-sep-2023-construction-wdw-2029.jpg
tianas-bayou-adventure-sep-2023-construction-wdw-2194.jpg
tianas-bayou-adventure-sep-2023-construction-wdw-2190.jpg

Last edited:

TheMaxRebo

well… does Frontierland become New Orleans square then?

Probably nothing

But definitely not all of Frontierland.

You could separate it into different parts and have from TBA down to Pirates be like a New Orleans Sq/Bayou area and take in Pecos Bill's and Tortuga Tavern

Then Frontierland is like the Bears, Shooting Gallery, then over the bridge to Big Thunder and maybe beyond

Figments Friend

On Property this week, here now.
Visited MK today and it was interesting checking out the construction area in person.
Lots of action happening, but I do not have photos.
Quick rundown…

Looks like they are adding a walled area within the previous queue…possibly might be a planter.
Noticed this right away when viewing from above while sitting on one of the WDW Railroad trains earlier today.

Quite a few construction gents walking around the upper levels in the rockwork outside on the actual ‘mountain’.
Looked to me like the peak is stripped to the metal innards…one could see straight through the entire upper ‘tip’ of what is left of the peak.

Also, and most importantly …..
As of this afternoon, the Br’er Rabbit weather vane is still there on top of the barn entrance.
Was nice to see this still there!

I will be over there again in a couple of days, and will give an update if I spot anything seemingly ‘new’.
Will also try to grab some pix.

I will say it was very odd walking around that area of Frontierland and not hearing people screaming…
Kinda hit home the previous resident has been wiped clean from existence there….
🫤
-

splah

looking at pictures of the splash finale and the stylized flowers, just different colored circles. How "realistic" will the innards be? will it be more cartoon/hand-painted/watercolor or the trap that they've laid for themselves of hyper realism that falls flat? keeping in mind this whole thing is based on a cartoon

Smiley/OCD

On Property this week, here now.
Visited MK today and it was interesting checking out the construction area in person.
Lots of action happening, but I do not have photos.
Quick rundown…

Looks like they are adding a walled area within the previous queue…possibly might be a planter.
Noticed this right away when viewing from above while sitting on one of the WDW Railroad trains earlier today.

Quite a few construction gents walking around the upper levels in the rockwork outside on the actual ‘mountain’.
Looked to me like the peak is stripped to the metal innards…one could see straight through the entire upper ‘tip’ of what is left of the peak.

Also, and most importantly …..
As of this afternoon, the Br’er Rabbit weather vane is still there on top of the barn entrance.
Was nice to see this still there!

I will be over there again in a couple of days, and will give an update if I spot anything seemingly ‘new’.
Will also try to grab some pix.

I will say it was very odd walking around that area of Frontierland and not hearing people screaming…
Kinda hit home the previous resident has been wiped clean from existence there….
🫤
-
Sad for the lack of sounds at that end of the park, but VERY happy the weather vane is still up!! Hope it remains!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom