News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Incomudro

What did an old tree stump add to the sense of fun?

Neither feature sounds especially interesting when asked about in such terms.

To me, the water tower looks old-timey and therefore whimsical, like much else in Frontierland.
The old tree stump lent an illusion of height to the structure.
That illusion promised excitement and fun.
That's why they put it there.

Disstevefan1

I do hope they change the drop at the end. On the original, I always felt the angle was WAY too steep. It always triggered my anxiety of falling just a bit too much. I think a 45 degree angle will be more gentle and that would open the ride to a wider and diverse group of riders that cant tolerate such a violent drop.

All in all, Disney has a great opertunity to make a much better attraction that promotes a positive social message and one that can be more inclusive to a wider, diverse audience while doing it.
This change was OK by me because it used the exact same ride path.

I really, really hope they do not ruin this attraction by changing the ride path.

That said, TWDC is getting really good at ruining things, so I would not be surprised if they did this.

neo999955

In the Parks
No
The problem with the original "Splash Mountain" was that it had no real positive social message. I understand that today's diversity, equity and inclusion concept was not really a thing back then, so I'll give it a pass.

But today, Disney has a great opertunity to insert a message that is more meaningfull for today's current social awareness understanding. They can insert the more modern messages that we all support.

I do hope they change the drop at the end. On the original, I always felt the angle was WAY too steep. It always triggered my anxiety of falling just a bit too much. I think a 45 degree angle will be more gentle and that would open the ride to a wider and diverse group of riders that cant tolerate such a violent drop.

All in all, Disney has a great opertunity to make a much better attraction that promotes a positive social message and one that can be more inclusive to a wider, diverse audience while doing it.
I’m one of the more positive folks around here regarding the retheme and the need to be more inclusive. So I appreciate more positive takes, but this reads like chatgpt geared to set people off more than anything else.

The changing the drop thing is both insane, never on the table and maybe sarcasm?

Anyway, I’m still excited and happy to hear people (real people?) seeing the tower in person are liking it. It looks just fine to me in pictures, but think it’ll settle nicely when everything is finished.

LittleBuford

The old tree stump lent an illusion of height to the structure.
That illusion promised excitement and fun.
That's why they put it there.
They put it there because it was meant to represent Chickapin Hill.

I know I’m pretty much alone in this, but I don’t think the water tower will make the ride look any less vertiginous or intimidating. Having something large in front of the hill could actually make the latter look more distant and hence taller. I guess I’ll know when I see the final thing in person.

LittleBuford

What’s the point in trolling? I’ll never understand it.

DisneyCane

While I dislike the use of "Employee Owned" on the structure (it strikes me as too contemporary), the water tower itself doesn't undermine the sense of fun and fantasy appropriate to such a ride. On the contrary, it looks rather whimsical, especially with the tiara on top (whatever one thinks of it).
When was TPATF set? I think employee owned is a pretty recent phenomenon.

neo999955

In the Parks
No

TheMaxRebo

They started during the industrial revolution, so been around for a while, though they have come and gone as far as when popular with the modern uptake starting in the 1960s, so not really the proper timing - though guess the idea is she was ahead of her time and a pioneer (along with just being a woman business owner)

Drdcm

I like the color and the style. I like that tiara on top of it. I also like how it boldly states that the company is "employee owned" for all to see. I think that it's a great social message for this ride and it's going to be a very interesting to see how they implement the theming into the rest of this attraction.

Every once in a while you get me going and then I realize…

LittleBuford

It goes back quite a bit. Even the phrase "employee-owned" was being used at that time (I found the following sentence in a 1928 issue of the American Vocational Association News Bulletin: "The latter item is of especial importance in any employee owned corporation, which the American Cast Iron Pipe Company happens to be"). Still, it seems rather anachronistic featured on the main logo of a business from that period.

Nubs70

that sounds like a 4th grade book report.

Employee Owned for all to see? Who wants to think about employees and work while they are at a thousand dollar a day theme park vacation? Does she offer health insurance? and a living wage? now I am no longer having fun...I am thinking about work and taxes....
FAIL!
How is a single person, Tiana, being positioned as the "owner" owner of an employee owned company? Having trouble wrapping my head around that.

Should call it the "Happy Frog Foods" or something like that.

Ayla

What did an old tree stump add to the sense of fun?

Neither feature sounds especially interesting when asked about in such terms.

To me, the water tower looks old-timey and therefore whimsical, like much else in Frontierland.
I would never describe Frontierland as whimsical. Fantasy land, yes: Frontierland, no.

Ayla

All in all, Disney has a great opertunity (sic) to make a much better attraction that promotes a positive social message and one that can be more inclusive to a wider, diverse audience while doing it.
It is a 45 degree angle.

TheMaxRebo

How is a single person, Tiana, being positioned as the "owner" owner of an employee owned company? Having trouble wrapping my head around that.

Should call it the "Happy Frog Foods" or something like that.

Employee owned doesn't mean equal ownership. There is still someone or some corporate entity that starts it and then the employees can buy into it or be awarded ownership in it

Publix Markets is an example of an employee owned company but doesn't mean they all have equal ownership

But I do agree something like "Happy Frog Foods" would be better for the up front naming .... Even if deep in the backstory it mentioned that employees were offered ownership share opportunities or something

FettFan

King Charles does own some enterprises. One of which is an ice cream brand made with milk from his fleet of cows.

I had some the last time I was at Buckingham Palace and it was pretty good.

I have never heard the phrase "fleet of cows" before. I kind of like it.

Might need to name my next bull "Nimitz".

harrisonm

New yellow paint going onto the barn (I'm guessing green paint is wax)
7a239982781c86247475fdaf245ac523.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom