News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

In the Parks
No
So I guess I’ll be the first one who feels like it’s a massive downgrade and is awful?

I absolutely hate it.
No you're not the only one, but those that agree with you know better than to sound off in this thread...

I don't hate it, but I dislike the entire premise, so that predisposes me to dislike the costume. I guess she had her servants embroider a custom-made explorer's jacket for her. But don't worry, her company is employee owned!

[Predicted response: Why are you so negative? The jacket would be boring without flowery things on the collar. etc.]

Really cute costume. I like the little hat.
Et tu, Brute?

LittleBuford

So I guess I’ll be the first one who feels like it’s a massive downgrade and is awful?

I absolutely hate it.

I mean, the water tower looks more like a princess than her.
Many were complaining that the ride was in danger of being turned into a kiddie princess attraction, so I’m surprised you’d want her to appear in her frock. It wouldn’t be very practical attire for the bayou anyway.

andysol

Many were complaining that the ride was in danger of being turned into a kiddie princess attraction, so I’m surprised you’d want her to appear in her frock. It wouldn’t be very practical attire for the bayou anyway.
“Many” wasn’t ever me.
So why would you be surprised that I’d want her to appear in her frock?

I wanted a bookend ride w/ original music and Facilier. So I wanted frog and frock from the jump.

TheMaxRebo

Disney World: where we put crowns on our water towers instead of our princesses.

Apparently this is for some New Orleans festival and they’re not getting rid of the actual Tiana gown. Shwew.

Character actress was great though.

At most I assume she would meet in both options - maybe this outfit if there is a spot near the ride and the ball gown when meeting at fairytale hall or any of the character meals

Very much agree about the actress, she was spot on

MagicHappens1971

It’s at Essence Fest(ival) in New Orleans.

No doubt. I just hate this story. So I’m just bitter.
Ignore me.
I don't really care where they debuted the costume, I was just refuting your point. While I'm sure we will continue to see Tiana in her gown, I wouldn't be surprised if she makes appearances by TBA in this outfit.

IanDLBZF

If's she's now going to be doing meet and greets in Frontierland, this certainly seems like a more appropriate costume than the big gown. I'm sure in parades and shows she'll still be wearing the gown for those who prefer it.
And likely she'll move out of Princess Fairytale Hall at that time too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom