News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

DisneyCane

As someone who isn’t a fan of the retheme at all, it’s a bit unfair to judge a project that’s over a year from opening on how it looks.
I agree. Splash was my personal top rated attraction combining factors of theming, fun and ride length and I hate the decision to retheme it. However, it could end up matching the quality of SM and, since I've never seen The Princess and the Frog, it doesn't really matter to me what does or doesn't match the movie. I never saw Song of the South either. My only connection to it was that when I was a kid my mom bought a soundtrack on vinyl record that had Robin Hood on one side and Song of the South on the other, or at least "Zippity Doo Dah" was on there so I assume it was all SOTS on that side. Therefore, SM was basically a stand alone attraction to me as this will be.

Cliff

I like the color and the style. I like that tiara on top of it. I also like how it boldly states that the company is "employee owned" for all to see. I think that it's a great social message for this ride and it's going to be a very interesting to see how they implement the theming into the rest of this attraction.

Bocabear

that sounds like a 4th grade book report.

Employee Owned for all to see? Who wants to think about employees and work while they are at a thousand dollar a day theme park vacation? Does she offer health insurance? and a living wage? now I am no longer having fun...I am thinking about work and taxes....
FAIL!

LittleBuford

that sounds like a 4th grade book report.
I like it because it is brown... lol
Employee Owned for all to see? Who wants to think about employees and work while they are at a thousand dollar a day theme park vacation? Does she offer health insurance? and a living wage? now I am no longer having fun...I am thinking about work and taxes....
FAIL!
Based on his other posts, I suspect he’s being sarcastic.

LittleBuford

yes sarcastic...lol But I honestly think it really brings down the fun and fantasy aspect that we go to Theme parks for... Not reality land...Or let's tour a "Foods" factory...
While I dislike the use of "Employee Owned" on the structure (it strikes me as too contemporary), the water tower itself doesn't undermine the sense of fun and fantasy appropriate to such a ride. On the contrary, it looks rather whimsical, especially with the tiara on top (whatever one thinks of it).

Bocabear

While I dislike the use of "Employee Owned" on the structure (it strikes me as too contemporary), the water tower itself doesn't undermine the sense of fun and fantasy appropriate to such a ride. On the contrary, it looks rather whimsical, especially with the tiara on top (whatever one thinks of it).
But what does the water tower add to the sense of fun? I don't quite get it...
And I don't think an Employee Owned "Foods" Factory ride sounds fun either. I know the basic layout of the ride is still there and it was always a great ride. I just think the new storyline is all way too contemporary...they are trying to make this a huge social issue rather than a fun adventure featuring Princess Tiana, a character we already know. I don't know who Boss Lady Entrepreneur Community Leader Factory Owner Tiana is... and I think it takes us all out of the story...

Cliff

I do hope they change the drop at the end. On the original, I always felt the angle was WAY too steep. It always triggered my anxiety of falling just a bit too much. I think a 45 degree angle will be more gentle and that would open the ride to a wider and diverse group of riders that cant tolerate such a violent drop.

All in all, Disney has a great opertunity to make a much better attraction that promotes a positive social message and one that can be more inclusive to a wider, diverse audience while doing it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom