News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Kirby86

I still think Splash Mountain without the tree stump on top is like Cinderella Castle without its tallest spire.

They can repaint and redress the rest of the structure, but that same structure was designed as one complete piece with each element scaled and put there for a reason. Cutting bits offs, even if they seem to only be a small portion, can throw the rest of it off quite a bit.

Now I do think the full tree with boat on top would have been a bit much and too large a replacement, but maybe some sort of crowning detail (not a literal crown like the one they did build lol), would have helped, even if the intent was to make the mountain look smaller (an unrealistic goal given the choice to keep most of it intact).
Agreed I think the main issue with trying to make the focal point of Tiana's Bayou Adventure the water tower is its a static object. More often than not people are drawn to movement, so even if the water tower is front and center a lot of people are still going to look at the drop.

Drdcm

Maybe they should enclose the drop all together. Use lighting effects to simulate whatever magic is going on and not have it open air for the drip itself 🤷‍♂️

Animaniac93-98

Agreed I think the main issue with trying to make the focal point of Tiana's Bayou Adventure the water tower is its a static object. More often than not people are drawn to movement, so even if the water tower is front and center a lot of people are still going to look at the drop.

It's also much smaller than the mountain itself, which makes it harder to take your eyes away from it

yensidtlaw1969

I don't think it's meant to be the focal point, for the very reason you say. Obviously the drop will call attention to itself the way it always has.

It seems clear that the point of the water tower is much more about establishing a different sense of scale for the Salt Dome than there was for Chickapin Hill.

DisneyCane

As someone who likes some Blink 182, just no. If they wanted to make it a 'must do' for Milennials and Gen Z, it's Swift.
It currently features a band from a half century ago that is about to embark on a farewell tour and there is always a long queue. I don't think they need her to make the ride a must do. Actually, a strong argument could be made that it would be a waste of money.

Kirby86

I don't think it's meant to be the focal point, for the very reason you say. Obviously the drop will call attention to itself the way it always has.

It seems clear that the point of the water tower is much more about establishing a different sense of scale for the Salt Dome than there was for Chickapin Hill.
The tweet that Disney Parks called it a centerpiece. Honestly I think it's just marketing buzzwords but in practice what will grab most people's attention will still be the drop.

Incomudro

Or to the largest structure.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Not all hero’s wear capes.

1687992371460.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom