Tiana’s Bayou Adventure SPOILER Thread

mickEblu

Yeah, what the heck are those holes about? Are they there to help anchor clothes on or something?

I guess the Imagineers thought nobody would notice. More fools they. Everything gets photographed and picked apart these days. Every flaw is detected. There is no avoiding our scrutiny. No escape. We see you, Imagineers! We see the open mechanisms in AA joints that you didn't bother to hide! We see the holes in Tiana's arms and the dirty brown water the Briar Patch used to cover up! We see it all, and you shall not be spared our judgement! Our contempt! Our ridicule! Bwahahahahaa!!!

Anyway, this is really bad show, dudes.

View attachment 792800

Lol even if the holes were covered up they would still look glossy, plasticky and bad. It’s a little harder to pull off human being figures that close up especially when you are cheaping out like that. Wasn’t a problem when the AAs were fur and feather covered animals. These figures are not good enough for an E ticket especially when you consider how close they are placed to the riders.

SilentWindODoom

The Poseidon video... was a shocker. I'd seen the deepening negativity of his thumbnails and thought he'd gone full hater-for-clicks as I see so much of on the platform. I've gotten used to seeing a lot of those, basically anything that plasters the picture of Mickey crying from Walt's death in front of whatever the project of the day is or morphs female star characters' faces into crying or scowling or both.

I disagree with his dismissal of plenty of people at the start, but... I don't know how this doesn't disprove the dismissal of every positive review as pay-for-play. People can like this. Some people like stuff. It is what it is. Not everyone has to be lying. I've watched plenty of people who say something I completely disagree with and I laugh off their terrible judgement and move on without excising them from my life on such a minor matter.

You know what makes me kinda chuckle? It's not a defense of dumbing down. It's not a dismissal of criticism. It's just a thought that popped into my head as rage flew back and forth over the retheme of a water flume, a step back at perspective of life and the way things are... I wonder if our cries of things being dumbed down with the simple dialogue and the lack of varied tension in a dark ride are exactly how people sounded forty years ago about the beautiful and detailed experience of the Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland the whole family could enjoy, a jewel of Golden Age Disneyland getting replaced by a stupid roller coaster because everything needs to be thrills and these kids these days can't sit still for thirty minutes.

Yes, there's nuance, and if there's one thing I do it's defend the existence of nuance, but it just seems like a funny parallel to me. It's the true circle of life.

SilentWindODoom

Is anyone annoyed by how almost every vlogger titles their video "HONEST review of Tiana's Bayou Adventure." Shouldn't honesty just be expected? And saying you are "honest" doesn't necessarily mean you are being honest. Just seems very clickbaity.

When the perception is pushed that everyone is on the take, you have to try to suggest you're not.

When everyone starts calling their take "honest", the line will move again.

It's like how "in the house" became "flippity floppity floop".

easyrowrdw

Yeah, what the heck are those holes about? Are they there to help anchor clothes on or something?

I guess the Imagineers thought nobody would notice. More fools they. Everything gets photographed and picked apart these days. Every flaw is detected. There is no avoiding our scrutiny. No escape. We see you, Imagineers! We see the open mechanisms in AA joints that you didn't bother to hide! We see the holes in Tiana's arms and the dirty brown water the Briar Patch used to cover up! We see it all, and you shall not be spared our judgement! Our contempt! Our ridicule! Bwahahahahaa!!!

Anyway, this is really bad show, dudes.

View attachment 792800
I rode it more than once and didn’t notice the
holes. I think you’re right about how much gets scrutinized though. I agree they should have done something to ensure the holes wouldn’t be visible even in pictures.

FiestaFunKid

He's obviously not a Disney shill like others who want to keep getting invites, but it felt to me that Possedian falls squarely on one side of the political fence and this colored his review...just my pure speculation, but he really worked hard to gloss over so many problems he normally takes issue with.

Of course he could have simply liked it, but his reasoning seemed weak and was easily torn apart in comment after comment.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Here is a ride-through in photo form - offers a good close up look at the set design and AA figures.

Tiana's Bayou Adventure Ride Through​

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56461.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56568.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56465.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56467.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56468.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56596.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56486.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56471.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56492.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56598.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56518.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56599.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56600.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56527.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56529.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56602.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56603.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56604.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56605.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56607.jpg

Lots more at https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...n2024-tianas-bayou-adventure-ride-through.htm

Dear Prudence

I rode it more than once and didn’t notice the
holes. I think you’re right about how much gets scrutinized though. I agree they should have done something to ensure the holes wouldn’t be visible even in pictures.
That's interesting, because I a friend text me after riding it screaming about the holes and I thought he was joking until I saw other people post pictures.

Dear Prudence

Is anyone annoyed by how almost every vlogger titles their video "HONEST review of Tiana's Bayou Adventure." Shouldn't honesty just be expected? And saying you are "honest" doesn't necessarily mean you are being honest. Just seems very clickbaity.
This is literally what youtube is. Misleading clickbait.

Surferboy567

Original Poster

Kirby86

Buzzwords and it helps your visibility in the algorithm. Also people are more likley to click on a video called "my honest review of Tiana's Bayou Adventure" instead of " A Comprehensive Critique of Tiana's Bayou Adventure" But it is funny to think that they have a rough draft that isn't honest. "The first draft was what I showed to Disney, this is for my loyal subscribers so like and subscribe"

mickEblu

Just checked out Poseidons review. Never heard of him before. Disagreed with much of it but he came across as fair and a bit more nuanced than some of the other reviews I’ve seen. But then towards the end came this line…

“While Tiana’s may have fewer animatronics, many of them are far more interesting in their complexity and are spread out more effectively, filling in many areas which were previously empty.”

In what world does this make any sense?

Many of them? So by many he can’t be referring to more than about a dozen as that’s about how many actual animatronics there are and are the only ones that have any sort of complex movements. The majority of the AAs in Splash were far more articulate than the the majority of the figures in TBA.

Filling in areas which were previously empty? They re literally all bunched up together and as a whole TBA has more empty areas when it comes to animatronics.

When someone says something that’s the complete opposite of reality I have to discount their opinion.

Last edited:

DisneyHead123

I think “honest review” is YouTube-speak for “this review will contain at least some mild criticism.” While viewers looking for a pixie dusted review should go to videos that have either the ride name only or an exclamation like “We FINALLY got to ride Tiana’s Bayou Adventure!!”

In the Parks
No
For some reason, this bear's eyes really bother me...
1718728684055.png

He's stuck looking off to the side, and since the later animatronic is a clone of this one, he's looking in the same direction again. I think that's probably why I'm frustrated by it, since it's just a carbon copy, but it also doesn't really look like he's looking at the bigger bear next to him. The sightlines don't match up.

easyrowrdw

That's interesting, because I a friend text me after riding it screaming about the holes and I thought he was joking until I saw other people post pictures.
Based on wdwmagic’s photos it looks like her scarf (edit: dress, thanks Bocabear for the correction) is covering her arms. Perhaps it had been moved or something? Or they’ve changed how it hangs based on reports like your friend.

I looked at my pictures from one of the rides and her arm is exposed in them. There’s a lot going on in that scene so maybe that’s why I didn’t notice them. I think I focused more on Lottie who is waving at us too.

Last edited:

Bocabear

not her scarf, the sleeve of the dress that must have gotten blown back in the picture showing the ar holes...or when they were doing service on the figure, someone forgot to put it back I would guess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom