Tiana’s Bayou Adventure SPOILER Thread

easyrowrdw

I rode it today. I may have caught the ride at the right time but it was pretty clear to me when we had shrunk and why.

In the former splash mountain, where you see bear bear's butt and he says "there's nothing in here but bees" and you do that little dip down but rise back up, that's the part where Mama Odie shrinks you. After this part the frogs become gigantic. Up until this part the frogs have been small but now you're the size of a frog so they're big. While you're small you find some additional critters to add to the band. They might be small but if you dig a little deeper you'll find they're just as important And they too can really play.

So now you approached the main lift Hill from the former splash mountain and here's where Mama Odie returns you to normal size And just for fun of course you drop back down the other side of the main lift Hill. You then go to the finale scene where you see all the critters playing together including the frogs that are front and center but much smaller than everybody else.

Overall I liked the attraction. And I didn't expect to. I kind of expected to hate it. I didn't miss Dr facilier.... Instead I found myself enjoying the clever way that we were shrunk down and then returned to full size.

Some of the automotronics were more rudimentary than others. Some were quite advanced. But all in all there was quite a bit of them throughout the attraction. Not as many as splash but way more than anticipated. I stopped counting once we got past 24.

Disney said there would be dozens of new audio animatronics and at one point I thought that as long as they have 13 they can technically get away with using the plural sense of the word dozen. But once I hit 24.... Then it was quite literally dozens of new audio animatronics.
Yeah, I caught it too. I hadn’t really noticed other frogs in the earlier parts of the ride. I was just comparing the sizes of critters throughout the ride. I still enjoyed the ride, though.

erasure fan1

TBH, I think they could’ve made the scale more distinct with respect to the animals. The earlier animals were big already so the big frogs didn’t stand out to me as much.
Maybe it looks better when you're seeing in person. But I agree the scale isn't all that convincing. The projection faces seem way off. The whole thing just doesn't scream you're small.

Cmdr_Crimson

Blogmickey had posted a new bus wrap which I shall now declare...
"The Spoiler Bus!"
epic-princess-frog-bus-06202024-7.jpg

easyrowrdw

Maybe it looks better when you're seeing in person. But I agree the scale isn't all that convincing. The projection faces seem way off. The whole thing just doesn't scream you're small.
After I rode it I went back and watched the video everyone was crapping on. I thought the ride was fun, but the video was boring. I really don't think ride videos convey the experience of being on the ride or provide an adequate avenue for judging the quality of a ride.

mickEblu

I thought it was bad enough when I thought the reason they didn’t have the AAs on a loop was story related. That they wanted them to appear more realistic and only talk when the log is passing by. Come to find out it’s a cost cutting move to save on wear and tear? So they got rid of all the old hydraulic AAs to save on maintenance cost and they went with this sensor approach to also save? Both backfired in their face. They can’t keep the ride running consistently and I think the AAs looks really awkward when they are waiting to come alive and talk to you. They could have used some of those old hydraulic AAs to fill in some of the dead spots too.

Disstevefan1

I thought it was bad enough when I thought the reason they didn’t have the AAs on a loop was story related. That they wanted them to appear more realistic and only talk when the log is passing by. Come to find out it’s a cost cutting move to save on wear and tear? So they got rid of all the old hydraulic AAs to save on maintenance cost and they went with this sensor approach to also save? Both backfired in their face. They can’t keep the ride running consistently and I think the AAs looks really awkward when they are waiting to come alive and talk to you. They could have used some of those old hydraulic AAs to fill in some of the dead spots too.
I am hopeful they will work this stuff out eventually.

We all must accept this will take a while to fix and it goes without saying this attraction will still have issues on the 28th.

If I understand correctly on the 28th when it opens to the public, it will be:
No standby.
Boarding groups (free)
Lighting Lane Multipass [edited] pay for a return time.

So I worry folks who are paying to ride have expectations that the ride actually works.

Last edited:

mickEblu

I am hopeful they will work this stuff out eventually.

We all must accept this will take a while to fix and it goes without saying this attraction will still have issues on the 28th.

If I understand correctly on the 28th when it opens to the public, it will be:
No standby.
Boarding groups (free)
Genie+ and ILL (pay to ride)

So I worry folks who are paying to ride have expectations that the ride actually works.

Of course they ll fix it. They have to. But just poor decisions all around

Disstevefan1

Of course they ll fix it. They have to. But just poor decisions all around
Everything will be fixed eventually, I agree.

Its safe to assume there will still be problems when it opens to the public on Friday.

Folks will be paying to ride, and there are expectations that the attraction is working.

I suspect guest services will be busy.

If they were smart, they would be handing out anytime LL passes at the exit.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
Blogmickey had posted a new bus wrap which I shall now declare...
"The Spoiler Bus!"
epic-princess-frog-bus-06202024-7.jpg

See! Tiana doesn't need a band she's just fine with Naveen and Louis! Hey wait a second... Who are those other band members in the background?

Notice the lack of critters. This bus wrap is a conundrum wrapped in an enigma. What if, and it's time for the tin foil hat -- what if the lost trumpet story line was the original plot and WDI pivoted to what we have now? Even the Louis AAs in the attraction fit. A change in dialogue and we'd be none the wiser. Is this wrap indicative of what the finale would have been prior to a story change?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom