Tiana’s Bayou Adventure SPOILER Thread

CntrlFlPete

Here is a ride-through in photo form - offers a good close up look at the set design and AA figures.

Tiana's Bayou Adventure Ride Through​

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56461.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56568.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56465.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56467.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56468.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56596.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56486.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56471.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56492.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56598.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56518.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56599.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56600.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56527.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56529.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56602.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56603.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56604.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56605.jpg

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_56607.jpg

Lots more at https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...n2024-tianas-bayou-adventure-ride-through.htm

nice to see her dress does have a sleave! I had avoided reading much until I rode for myself and was surprised seeing her arm exposed as it was when I rode on 6/17.

easyrowrdw

@easyrowrdw In the other thread that I still can't participate in, you mentioned that you got hit by a water cannon. I had thought they removed the water cannons on the ride. Are you talking about the jumping fountains in the Laughing Place?
Yes, I said jet but I was referring to the jumping water things in the old Laughing Place. One of them shot me in the side of the head. I don’t know about cannons on the drop but I got pretty drenched from the drop.

SilentWindODoom

Yes, I said jet but I was referring to the jumping water things in the old Laughing Place. One of them shot me in the side of the head. I don’t know about cannons on the drop but I got pretty drenched from the drop.

Whoa! I thought you meant the sprayers at the bottom of the hill, that you were at the right angle to get a concentrated shot. On the first day of rider videos the first fountain was lower and pressure and landing right in front of the log if not on the "wood" a little. Which day was this?

On the subject of the sprayers, I've noticed in some videos a big cloud of mist rising from behind the Go-Away-Green Fence of Doom and dissipating. Since people usually focus on their surroundings or straight ahead, it's hard to 100% put a finger on what's happening. People aren't usually pointing their cameras at every log coming down during that scene.

Is it possible they've set the misters to run overdrive every three logs like the old cannons? A replacement that won't mess with sets or ruin people's day? The quick glimpses do look nice.

easyrowrdw

Whoa! I thought you meant the sprayers at the bottom of the hill, that you were at the right angle to get a concentrated shot. On the first day of rider videos the first fountain was lower and pressure and landing right in front of the log if not on the "wood" a little. Which day was this?
I think it was Sunday evening that I was shot by the jumping water.

Professortango1

Just checked out Poseidons review. Never heard of him before. Disagreed with much of it but he came across as fair and a bit more nuanced than some of the other reviews I’ve seen. But then towards the end came this line…

“While Tiana’s may have fewer animatronics, many of them are far more interesting in their complexity and are spread out more effectively, filling in many areas which were previously empty.”

In what world does this make any sense?

Many of them? So by many he can’t be referring to more than about a dozen as that’s about how many actual animatronics there are and are the only ones that have any sort of complex movements. The majority of the AAs in Splash were far more articulate than the the majority of the figures in TBA.

Filling in areas which were previously empty? They re literally all bunched up together and as a whole TBA has more empty areas when it comes to animatronics.

When someone says something that’s the complete opposite of reality I have to discount their opinion.
Especially since the scene he showed on the screen when discussing previously empty scenes was the possum section with action happening overhead. Wouldn't call that empty.

Tha Realest

All of the effects are working and the show scenes are on display. It’s also filmed at night (with the extra lighting) on an expensive camera. It’s not getting any better than this, at least not as far as a POV is concerned.
This aged well.

It‘s really terrible how poorly this ride is performing. And, as many have noted, “B-mode” for any of the AAs only makes the long boring stretches that much more acute.

Dear Prudence

IDK if this counts as a spoiler, so I will put it here:

I am never going to be someone who does the "Disney vs. Universal, this or that, " but, hot damn, Disney's recent out put has been embarrassing. I watched the Dark Universe videos yesterday, and I was very impressed. It's genuinely amazing how little Disney wants us to just fawn over. The TBA animatronic animals in the band barely have any movement, they look off model (again, how is that even possible?!). How was is that the retooled America Sings animatronics had better and more consistent movement than the brand new ones? It's amazing how other companies' output looks when they..... actually try? I am not sure if there's a nice way to put it.

Dear Prudence

This aged well.

It‘s really terrible how poorly this ride is performing. And, as many have noted, “B-mode” for any of the AAs only makes the long boring stretches that much more acute.
There is no excuse for this, either. They were gunning for its predecessor since at least 2010, and this current iteration has been in development since 2018. There is absolutely so reason that a money with more money than God to be fumbling something that is basically fool proof so badly.

Dear Prudence

Just thinking about when they put pelican figurines in an eating area in NOS, and the Imagineers took selfies in front of them like they had just made the second coming of the Sistine Chapel. Like I understand that the bar isn't even on the floor, it's underground at this point, but why aren't there any pelicans on TBA? I feel like that would actually make sense? I don't think that I am asking for too much, lol.

Bocabear

I don't necessarily think the bar is on the floor...but it does seem less engaging then the original...which I guess at this point we all know it had to go...So moving forward, I really hope they can overcome the technical issues they are having by opening day. Despite me not caring for the idea of the redo and a lot of choices they made to get there, I think it has some charm, and hope people enjoy it...

easyrowrdw

Rode yesterday, and had been avoiding the threads, but now we are wondering if there is a script posted somewhere?

On the 2nd ride, I heard Mama Odie say something about returning us to our proper size, and I asked my Dad, "When did we get shrunk?" So wondering what else we missed.
I’m not sure about the script, but she says you need to get tiny and then you do a drop with a flash of light. That’s why Tiana and Louie are giant faces looking at you on the screen. I think they also say you were digging really deep or something like that.

TBH, I think they could’ve made the scale more distinct with respect to the animals. The earlier animals were big already so the big frogs didn’t stand out to me as much. I think the large toadstools and such worked better though.

Disone

I’m not sure about the script, but she says you need to get tiny and then you do a drop with a flash of light. That’s why Tiana and Louie are giant faces looking at you on the screen. I think they also say you were digging really deep or something like that.

TBH, I think they could’ve made the scale more distinct with respect to the animals. The earlier animals were big already so the big frogs didn’t stand out to me as much. I think the large toadstools and such worked better though.
I rode it today. I may have caught the ride at the right time but it was pretty clear to me when we had shrunk and why.

In the former splash mountain, where you see bear bear's butt and he says "there's nothing in here but bees" and you do that little dip down but rise back up, that's the part where Mama Odie shrinks you. After this part the frogs become gigantic. Up until this part the frogs have been small but now you're the size of a frog so they're big. While you're small you find some additional critters to add to the band. They might be small but if you dig a little deeper you'll find they're just as important And they too can really play.

So now you approached the main lift Hill from the former splash mountain and here's where Mama Odie returns you to normal size And just for fun of course you drop back down the other side of the main lift Hill. You then go to the finale scene where you see all the critters playing together including the frogs that are front and center but much smaller than everybody else.

Overall I liked the attraction. And I didn't expect to. I kind of expected to hate it. I didn't miss Dr facilier.... Instead I found myself enjoying the clever way that we were shrunk down and then returned to full size.

Some of the automotronics were more rudimentary than others. Some were quite advanced. But all in all there was quite a bit of them throughout the attraction. Not as many as splash but way more than anticipated. I stopped counting once we got past 24.

Disney said there would be dozens of new audio animatronics and at one point I thought that as long as they have 13 they can technically get away with using the plural sense of the word dozen. But once I hit 24.... Then it was quite literally dozens of new audio animatronics.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
Disney said there would be dozens of new audio animatronics and at one point I thought that as long as they have 13 they can technically get away with using the plural sense of the word dozen. But once I hit 24.... Then it was quite literally dozens of new audio animatronics.
But the critters rocking back and forth...are you counting those in your definition of animatronics? I think the definition is very important when counting the AAs, because you get very different numbers one way versus the other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom