Tiana’s Bayou Adventure SPOILER Thread

Stupido

I'm trying to avoid full POVs til I go in July, but I need to know: does Naveen appear in the ride outside of the finale?

BasiltheBatLord

Here’s the full ride POV video Disney released as well:

Sorry, count me out.

The interior show sets look good and I'm glad there was a decision made to invest in a decent amount of advanced AAs, but there is just so much dead space where there used to be scores of AAs in Splash.

The Laughing Place was ripped out and replaced with screens. The scene with Brer Fox and Bear and the alligator at the end is just a blank bankground with nothing happening.

Entire ride is happy show tunes, no danger, thrill or any emotion that might be anything other than pure joy at all times. Par the course for Disney these days.

This ride is always going to just be a bastardized, creatively bankrupt version of what used to be one of the greatest theme park attractions of all time, changed by committee for corporate communications reasons. Call me a bitter fan for that if you want, but I am never going to be able to shake that association for the rest of my life. The whole thing just feels like such an insult.

Last edited:

Ghost93

I really like the sets and actually don't mind the screens when they do appear. Like the animatronics and the music.

Unfortunately, despite being very supportive of the new IP and the retheme, I have to admit that Splash Mountain was better. The new ride has too many areas where there is dead space and nothing happening. It also doesn't have a story with a wide range of emotions, it's just constant celebration from the start to the end. Splash Mountain started fun and cutesey, but slowly built up tension before the big drop before the relief/celebration at the end. Tiana's Bayou Adventure has no tension or any range of emotion.

Overall I still think Tiana's Bayou Adventure is a good ride, but it could have been better. The lack of "Are you Ready" before the big drop is probably the most obvious missed opportunity.

Last edited:

pigglewiggle

I'm not going to bother to compare it to Splash because it's gone and I also I don't hold it near and dear to my heart as some.

I see that there are some spaces that don't have animatronics, but the screens actually look good on this ride, it's very aesthetically pleasing and I don't need a ride to give me a wide range of emotions, I'm pretty happy to have pure joy for 12 minutes. Plus the music is way better than Splash in my opinion.

I think it's great, a lot of people will love it. Mind you not people on the internet because, well, it's the internet. Talk about something that can make you feel dread... 😂

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Overall I think it's pretty good, I am disappointed that there's a lot of screens and dead space where splash didn't have but it's not bad by any means. Is Splash better? Idk it's hard to tell and gauge just from a video. The sets are great, the music is good, the animatronics are great, just wish there were more of them. Personally I never had this deep personal connection to Splash that so not many others seemed to have so I'm super devastated or anything, if it was a hot summer day and a decent wait I'd definitely go on it. It's so hard to get a feel for how it truly is without actually riding.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Sorry, count me out.

The interior show sets look good and I'm glad there was a decision made to invest in a decent amount of advanced AAs, but there is just so much dead space where there used to be scores of AAs in Splash.

The Laughing Place was ripped out and replaced with screens. The scene with Brer Fox and Bear and the alligator at the end is just a blank bankground with nothing happening.

Entire ride is happy show tunes, no danger, thrill or any emotion that might be anything other than pure joy at all times. Par the course for Disney these days.

This ride is always going to just be a bastardized, creatively bankrupt version of what used to be one of the greatest theme park attractions of all time, changed by committee for corporate communications reasons. Call me a bitter fan for that if you want, but I am never going to be able to shake that association for the rest of my life. The whole thing just feels like such an insult.

I haven’t seen the full POV yet but I shared a video on the DL thread that Disney parks shared and Wow, this is worse than anything I could have imagined. Figured at the very least there would be a lot more fog, better lighting and better music here. And maybe some better dialogue than “ I’ll get you to the party.”

So the only thing to indicate we shrunk down here is a big mama odie head on a screen that replaced the vulture AA’s? Yikes. I was wrong. I’m more disappointed about the final lifthill than the finale. All the clips I saw a few days ago I was more or less mentally prepared for and/ or they matched my expectations. This is bad. Splash didn’t have a lot going on but what it did it did right. The ominous music and buildup. The vultures. This is criminal. I don’t care that they added an AA.

mickEblu

I really like the sets and actually don't mind the screens when they do appear. Like the animatronics and the music.

Unfortunately, despite being very supportive of the new IP and the retheme, I have to admit that Splash Mountain was better. The new ride has too many areas where there is dead space and nothing happening. It also doesn't have a story with a wide range of emotins, it's just constant celebration from the start to the end. Splash Mountain started fun and cutesey, but slowly built up tension before the big drop before the relief/celebration at the end. Tiana's Bayou Adventure has no tension or any range of emotion.

Overall I still think Tiana's Bayou Adventure is a good ride, but it could have been better. The lack of "Are you Ready" before the big drop is probably the most obvious missed opportunity.

Man well fancy that. We predicted all of this. We were right the whole time. Of course it’s still a good ride. Nothing was going to change that. The ride system and ride path stayed the same. It’s got the drops. The setting, music, IP, the fact that they didn’t rip out the all the sets/ theming and added quality AAs ensured that. But this could have been so much better and doesn’t hold a candle to Splash Mountain.

Last edited:

Surferboy567

Original Poster
First reaction: the sets are very nice and I enjoy the look of the ride. The story is nonsense and super random, but then again splash didn’t have much of a story either. I really liked what they did with the drops. Some definite weird decisions made though, but also some good ones. I think I want to see what this looks like in person.

I’m not sure how to react quite yet.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Even taking comparisons to its predecessor out of the equation (I know it's difficult), there are just so many lull spots. Baffling! The dialogue is reductive and repetitive, like an episode of Dora the Explorer. It's so bad! I wanted to be wrong. I wanted this thing to work... There are clearly some bright spots. I actually like most of the projections and the plot is OK. If only there were more to see, the pacing wouldn't feel off. In a word, Boring!

Clearly aimed at the littleuns. But I'm now wondering if this darkness of the bayou and the nothingness between scenes isn't going to scare them. Such a mess.

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Couple of passing thoughts:

1.) This would have been a slam dunk as more of a book report ride. Maybe it didn’t even need to be a book report ride but at least have the dr in. It’s crazy he’s not on the lift.

2.) Laughin Place uses a real weird version of dig a little deeper

3.) Why does the lift feel quiet? Dig a little deeper should be louder, more mist?

4.) I like the shrinking effect and don’t really mind the screens on top of both drops

5.) The story is super random and the whole “let’s get a band” thing seems super forced, then again splash didn’t exactly have the greatest story ever and I can’t really knock it

6.) Special Spice works really well in that finale

*I need to see it in person but as I said, like the sets and general look. Just some very weird decisions that held this one back for me. Not necessarily bad but could have been so much more. Keep in mind this is the only new attraction we are getting for a really long time.

mickEblu

I still think it was the right call to swap out Song of the South with Princess and the Frog, but I believe they didn't utilize the Princess and the Frog IP as well as they could have.

It falls way short in both areas. In how they utilized the IP and not even being close to matching the quality of Splash. Haven’t seen the full POV yet but it seems not having the change of tone, element of suspense or Facilier and his song was the nail in the coffin. From what I’ve seen so far the finale feels full enough (apparently LP scenes are kind of dead) but man that lift hill killed any hope I had for this ride.

Last edited:

roro494

Well consider me whelemed. About 40 figures in total (notice how I didn’t say animatronics.)

The Good:
-interior bayou loooks great! foliage team did a great job
-all Tiana and Louis figures are top notch, clearly no expense was spared
-I like the concept of getting shrunk down and the frogs behind huge
-music on the interior is lovely, love the different arrangements of ‘Going Down the Bayou’
-finale room has a great vibe, love the colors and figure finishes
-all figures look great! especially the T-800s A-1000s

The Bad:
-vocal tracks on the front pond and the outdoor garden portion scream Six Flags to me
-every critter band figure has 1-2 axis of motion…
-the interior scenes are way too spread out, especially when the critter bands are all squished together
-Laughing Place looks so empty and devoid of kenetics
-finale (while beautiful) is filled with exact copies of figures we’ve already seen with nothing new…
-why do they need to over explain every… little… thing
-lift hill is… yea

They should’ve cut the first Tiana in the barn + the initial Louis figure in the first interior show scene and built more incidental musical critters that start out hiding in the bushes but as you pick up more band members they join in on the fun. Also seems crazy to me that you have a shrinking section but don’t have a single giant firefly? Could’ve had a few bobbing up and down in the cave to add some more interest. Bottom of the main lift should’ve been shadow demons swirling around you chanting “Are You Ready,” could’ve kept Mama Odie at the top to send you out of danger.

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
You know it's bad when "Special Spice" is the highlight of the attraction.
Well consider me whelemed. About 40 figures in total (notice how I didn’t say animatronics.)

The Good:
-interior bayou loooks great! foliage team did a great job
-all Tiana and Louis figures are top notch, clearly no expense was spared
-I like the concept of getting shrunk down and the frogs behind huge
-music on the interior is lovely, love the different arrangements of ‘Going Down the Bayou’
-finale room has a great vibe, love the colors and figure finishes
-all figures look great! especially the T-800s A-1000s

The Bad:
-vocal tracks on the front pond and the outdoor garden portion scream Six Flags to me
-every critter band figure has 1-2 axis of motion…
-the interior scenes are way too spread out, especially when the critter bands are all squished together
-Laughing Place looks so empty and devoid of kenetics
-finale (while beautiful) is filled with exact copies of figures we’ve already seen with nothing new…
-why do they need to over explain every… little… thing
-lift hill is… yea

They should’ve cut the first Tiana in the barn + the initial Louis figure in the first interior show scene and built more incidental musical critters that start out hiding in the bushes but as you pick up more band members they join in on the fun. Also seems crazy to me that you have a shrinking section but don’t have a single giant firefly? Could’ve had a few bobbing up and down in the cave to add some more interest. Bottom of the main lift should’ve been shadow demons swirling around you chanting “Are You Ready,” could’ve kept Mama Odie at the top to send you out of danger.
What you suggest sounds like a proper reimagining in 2 years time. (or less) I have to think Disney already knows it's a wash and are looking to improve it.

Magenta Panther

Welp.

Lackluster.

Underwhelming.

Boring (wow, Iger was *apparently* right about something for once).

Bare-bones.

Huge stretches of nothing where lovable singing animals used to be.

The ride's storyline is typical of today's Imagineers - who have no idea how to tell a compelling story.

The finale is meh as hell. Damn few critters, big rubber humanoid dolls, no steamboat, no Award-winning song.

And three (shudder) Mama Odies. Gross.

This is a disaster, especially compared to the original. Worse than I expected, and I sure didn't expect much.

Tokyo Disneyland, don't you DARE change your wonderful Splash Mountain to this heap of failure. You've got the GOOD version.

Jeez, what a flop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom