Tiana’s Bayou Adventure SPOILER Thread

mickEblu

I just watched the POV. What a disaster. My goodness. The empty spaces. The awkward flow. The dialogue telling us “let’s go to the party” or “let’s find the band”over and over. Whoever said Frozen 2.0 Disney Junior or whatever was spot on. Far below my rock bottom expectations. Incredible.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Welp.

Lackluster.

Underwhelming.

Boring (wow, Iger was *apparently* right about something for once).

Bare-bones.

Huge stretches of nothing where lovable singing animals used to be.

The ride's storyline is typical of today's Imagineers - who have no idea how to tell a compelling story.

The finale is meh as hell. Damn few critters, big rubber humanoid dolls, no steamboat, no Award-winning song.

And three (shudder) Mama Odies. Gross.

This is a disaster, especially compared to the original. Worse than I expected, and I sure didn't expect much.

Tokyo Disneyland, don't you DARE change your wonderful Splash Mountain to this heap of failure. You've got the GOOD version.

Jeez, what a flop.
Nailed it

So many missed opportunities in this

pigglewiggle

I just watched the POV. What a disaster. My goodness. The empty spaces. The awkward flow. The dialogue telling us “let’s go to the party” or “let’s find the band”over and over. Whoever said Frozen 2.0 Disney Junior or whatever was spot on. Far below my rock bottom expectations. Incredible.

Wait, all the posts you've made already this morning after POV dropped, you hadn't even watched it yet? 🤔

mickEblu

Wait, all the posts you've made already this morning after POV dropped, you hadn't even watched it yet? 🤔

That’s what some of you don’t understand. Some of us can piece things together with information at hand. I saw the lift hill and saw all the clips from two days ago. The fact that many of us predicted this Train wreck for the last year and now we can see it’s a train wreck for the very reasons we said it’s going to be a train wreck doesn’t mean anything to you?

It’s just a self fulfilling prophecy right? SMH

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
After looking, there does appear to be a firefly effect, my mistake. But the CGI part in the laughing place just looks so off putting. The overall empty space filled with trees and what not just doesn't do it for me either. I don't know, I'm sure kids will be glad to see Tiana but there's not much there for me personally. I will say, it looks gorgeous at night so I think that's a positive. Hilariously, the new frog animatronic in the laughing place isn't even touching the drums below him too.
That frog bugs me. Both do. They're too big to be limited motion.

WoundedDreamer

Welp.

Lackluster.

Underwhelming.

Boring (wow, Iger was *apparently* right about something for once).

Bare-bones.

Huge stretches of nothing where lovable singing animals used to be.

The ride's storyline is typical of today's Imagineers - who have no idea how to tell a compelling story.

The finale is meh as hell. Damn few critters, big rubber humanoid dolls, no steamboat, no Award-winning song.

And three (shudder) Mama Odies. Gross.

This is a disaster, especially compared to the original. Worse than I expected, and I sure didn't expect much.

Tokyo Disneyland, don't you DARE change your wonderful Splash Mountain to this heap of failure. You've got the GOOD version.

Jeez, what a flop.
I'm one of those rare breed of people still mourning the demise of Maelstrom and the Norway Pavilion. What emerged from the Frozen renovation was no longer a Norway Pavilion. It was a mini-Frozen land. I've just been traveling in Norway, and it makes the loss of that wonderful land hurt even more. Such a shame. Norway now ranks as one of my favorite countries. Seeing the real Bergen with its historic wharf district, that Disney had recreated in miniature within the attraction, reminded me of what Disney had destroyed. I can tell the Imagineers who worked on the Norway Pavilion had the same love of the country I have. And it gave millions of normal people (who might not be able to ever visit the real place due to cost/time/health/etc.) the chance to see Norwegian culture displayed in a respectful way.

That was Disney at their best. I have the quaint and outdated belief that the best Disney attractions had the capacity to elevate their audiences. Not by bashing them on the head with information. But by introducing people to beautiful art, music, and architecture. Sometimes there were misfires, but World Showcase was (in this cynical time I know I'm opening myself up to ridicule) an edifying place. Institutions and individuals who make art and tell stories that edify their audiences are showing love for those who consume the art and stories. Walt Disney loved America and the people of the world, so he and his team created things that demonstrated that love.

Today, Disney does not love its guests or movie goers. They are interested in "mining" content that people are emotionally attached to, in order to extract additional value and drive subscriber growth and retention. By doing this, Disney hopes to drive price increases across their businesses and increase engagement with company-owned properties and licensed products and services. This will ensure that the company will meet its projected revenue targets, and help manage an economic environment were costs are continuing to rise at an accelerated rate.

Disneyland was created because Walt Disney sensed that he and his family (along with every other person visiting) were not being respected by the amusement park operators of the day. He was being treated with disdain, having his money extracted all while the amusement park operator provided a subpar experience. He was expected to wait while his daughters rode dingy rides. Disneyland was different. Disneyland is your land. That's what Walt Disney said. That castle was your castle. You were royalty in Disney's park.

This attraction is soulless. Even the Frozen ride ride is superior to this attraction. There was no love poured into this ride. And it shows. Like much of Disney's content these days, it was designed to "mine" content and better leverage Disney's intellectual property. Its story is a poor knockoff of the better-executed Frozen ride. It's boring.

What a shame! Splash Mountain was one of the greatest attractions ever built. This is a failure. I was hoping my fears would be for nothing, but this was even worse than I anticipated. No one is going to love this ride. It will be something done to cool off on a hot day, but it won't be beloved.

mickEblu

I swear on all I love I wanted this to be great. One fleeting little fear of a thought I had this morning was “is this so bad that it doesn’t make it to the 10 or 20 year mark and they just knock it down and build something else.” I truly hope not. The ride has great bones and I thought Princess and the Frog was the perfect IP to go in there. But this isn’t Princess and the Frog. It’s the Disney Junior Blues Clues Tiana ride. And the execution is awful. I wanted Splash to survive in spirit with this new theme that I thought could have been a slam dunk. On the bright side it’s very easily fixable to change some dialogue, add some more AAs/ figures, change up the music and add a few shadows on the lift hill but it probably won’t happen. And yeah all those critters are giant lobster figures from the Little Mermaid.

Last edited:

mightynine

Oddly enough, my brain didn't even think about the use of CGI - maybe because it looked pretty close to the AAs?

I'll add/paraphrase what I said in the other thread:

I didn't really realize how much the small bit of tension and conflict in Splash really helped build up the big drop and then the release afterwards, where you felt like the final scenes were a reward. The big drop just felt like - not a big deal? Maybe that's something that doesn't come across as much in video compared to being on the ride.

Since we don't see the queue, I'm wondering where in the ride you see the results of all those visits to the city/area they talked about in PR. As someone born and raised from the New Orleans area, there's not much in the ride itself that gives me that feeling, outside of the PatF motif, but that research would've already been in hand.

Aside from that (and this could be an affect of the video), the ride just doesn't feel as lively at points as Splash did.

PatF has a soft spot in my heart because of it being a love letter to New Orleans, but this felt lacking.

mickEblu

I'm still confused with what were celebrating and why were gathering critters.

Thank you that reminds me of something I wanted to say. They keep saying party but nothing about the ride FEELS like a party or celebration until you get to the end. It feels dead with long gaps with fireflies on walls. On the bright side the setting looks nice.

Granted there isn’t supposed to be a party until the end but they wanted the ride to feel like a celebration. Did anything feel happy or celebratory about that lift hill or those long quiet gaps on the ride? What is one supposed to be feeling exactly from the giant Odie head on a screen through her AA at the top?

Tom Morrow

Let me be clear that I was in favor of the change even if I will really miss Splash Mountain. This is really bad.

Nothing happens. The characters same the same nothingness over and over. Big empty lifeless rooms even if yes this does have impressive animatronics. The music sounds like it was not made for the ride and they're just playing it there. There's so much to criticize just from the POV video alone.

I remember a worry ever since the story details were released has been that the ride was going to feel like it was focus-grouped to death into a soulless, joyless ball of nothing, and that's exactly what it is.

They just had to follow the movie. This is a cluster and if it was indeed being worked on since before the summer of 2020, then all those folks need to go. What a mess. The film and Tiana deserve better.

They don't follow the movie when they should (here) and they DO follow the movie when they should not (Frozen and Nemo at Epcot and others).

They maybe could have pleased all the complainers if they had actually made this good. But they made it an undeniably worse attraction.

Last edited:

McMickeyWorld

Here’s the full ride POV video Disney released as well:

Bored Party GIF by Cartoon Hangover

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom