Tiana’s Bayou Adventure SPOILER Thread

Surferboy567

Original Poster
I'd guess either When We're Human (since we're seemingly transformed into critters), or a lengthy version of Dig a Little Deeper stretching to and up the final lift.
I’m hoping it’s the latter and not the former. When We’re Human isn’t particularly bad (and probably fits here) though I rather here more of Dig a little deeper.

FiestaFunKid

Surprised they went for so much original music when the film's soundtrack is really its strength and would lend itself great to a ride.

With this and the new story/characters, makes one think they wanted to get away from the original movie as much as possible....perhaps to mute the criticism that they replaced a more culturally authentic ride based on collected slave told tales of Brer Rabbit - with The Frog Prince with from the very German Brothers Grimm.

McMickeyWorld

yensidtlaw1969

I'm surprised to see that they took the CGI route for the animated background screens instead of handrawn animation..
I'm surprised people are surprised by this - in the world of Tiana's Bayou Adventure she isn't a hand drawn character, she's a real, living, breathing person. Having her or others show up as a hand drawn animation in that world wouldn't make sense for what the ride is trying to achieve.

Even Little Mermaid used CGI animation for its video elements when the ride first opened. I don't think those were particularly successful, but I'm not sure the hand drawn replacements are actually any better - they clash stylistically with the fully 3D figures and environments within the ride. I get why they tried it, since that ride is more stylized and presentational than some others, but Tiana's isn't like that.

yensidtlaw1969

Surprised they went for so much original music when the film's soundtrack is really its strength and would lend itself great to a ride.

With this and the new story/characters, makes one think they wanted to get away from the original movie as much as possible....perhaps to mute the criticism that they replaced a more culturally authentic ride based on collected slave told tales of Brer Rabbit - with The Frog Prince with from the very German Brothers Grimm.
"Culturally authentic" is not really a phrase that can be used to describe Splash Mountain.

That's a not-insignificant part of why Disney's always been in hot water when it comes to Song of the South.

Ghost93

I love the animatronics and sets of Tiana's Bayou Adventure. Unsure about the story so far, it looks like it's constant celebration and lacking the wider range of emotions from the previous Splash Mountain. And while Iike what I've heard so far of the new finale song, I'll admit it doesn't compare to Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah, which is one of the most famous songs of all time.

I'm still looking forward to the ride.

FiestaFunKid

"Culturally authentic" is not really a phrase that can be used to describe Splash Mountain.

That's a not-insignificant part of why Disney's always been in hot water when it comes to Song of the South.
Maybe not - I don't think any Disney attraction is particularly culturally authentic but the source material gathered by Chandler can certainly can be seen that way, particularly vs a blackfaced version of The Frog Prince. Personally, I don't have an issue with either but the can of worms was opened.

yensidtlaw1969

Maybe not - I don't think any Disney attraction is particularly culturally authentic but the source material gathered by Chandler can certainly can be seen that way, particularly vs a blackfaced version of The Frog Prince. Personally, I don't have an issue with either but the can of worms was opened.
"Gathered" is not the right word for how Chandler came by those stories, which is part of the overall issue - and your use of the term "blackfaced" demonstrates serious ignorance of what blackface actually is. This post alone demonstrates pretty clearly that you're not genuinely aware of the issues being reckoned with here.

FiestaFunKid

"Gathered" is not the right word for how Chandler came by those stories, which is part of the overall issue - and your use of the term "blackfaced" demonstrates serious ignorance of what blackface actually is. This post alone demonstrates pretty clearly that you're not genuinely aware of the issues being reckoned with here.
Maybe blackfaced is a bit strong - but shoehorning in wouldn't be....the point remains valid, one source material is based on actual African stories and the other is a German folktale. I'm sorry if you are uncomfortable with this reality. My original point was speculation on why they abandoned the original story and music.

aladdin2007

I love the animatronics and sets of Tiana's Bayou Adventure. Unsure about the story so far, it looks like it's constant celebration and lacking the wider range of emotions from the previous Splash Mountain. And while Iike what I've heard so far of the new finale song, I'll admit it doesn't compare to Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah, which is one of the most famous songs of all time.

I'm still looking forward to the ride.
I don't hate it either, I mean it probably sounds very good when your actually in the space. It is better than runaway railways forgettable song. But nothing is going to hold a candle to what came before it, nothing.
the moppy over thrown wisteria bothers me more it just looks bad,,I was hoping for more magnolia instead but doesn't look that way,,maybe they will hand out a box of claritin to every rider. :)

yensidtlaw1969

Maybe blackfaced is a bit strong - but shoehorning in wouldn't be....the point remains valid, one source material is based on actual African stories and the other is a German folktale. I'm sorry if you are uncomfortable with this reality. My original point was speculation on why they abandoned the original story and music.
Yeah, moral highground is not a thing you have after your last 2 posts here so you might wanna skip the condescending tone - I'm not "uncomfortable" with the you're trying to make, it's not just a good point and you're making it horribly.

They made the ride a sequel because they didn't want to make a ride where Tiana was a Frog for most of it. It's pretty simple.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom