Tiana’s Bayou Adventure SPOILER Thread

FiestaFunKid

The song is catchy. Credit where credit is due.

It's not bad at all - I personally prefer most of the songs from the film, but it's not the disaster some have made it out to be.....DSNY (who I like) may have went a bit overboard calling that live performance fantastic - but I get it, he likes the song.

SilentWindODoom

Tiana and Odies dialogue before the second drop on this POV does a better job at setting up the fact that we’re getting shrunk.

One thing that is kinda frustrating about all this is how much better some of the three lines are than the others.

The setting of a Tianas Foods in an old salt mine just outside New Orleans in the 1920s/1930s in Frontierland.

The Tianas Foods is merely a venue to host the party you're looking for musicians for. The queue is where it I showcased.

I know it's making due with what was already there before, which also was a stretch for the location between Pecos Bill's and Big Thunder. It fits Disneyland better, but they wanted the most bang for their buck by redoing both of them.

But don't get me wrong, it is beautiful. I actually love the outside bayou more than the briar patch. The mountain has more greenery. The queue is more vibrant and everything looks fantastic. It's just seems a stretch for the rides story and the surrounding area. There's hardly mountains/hills like that near that region of Louisiana at all.

Ahh... That's what you mean. Honestly, the existence of Avery Island really did wonders giving them an out for a number of things. I wonder if that's where they started as they searched for an explanation for the terrain and then found Tabasco's headquarters there and that led to the Tiana Foods headquarters and hot sauce. 🤔

co10064

Premium Member
It's not bad at all - I personally prefer most of the songs from the film, but it's not the disaster some have made it out to be.....DSNY (who I like) may have went a bit overboard calling that live performance fantastic - but I get it, he likes the song.
While the song doesn’t exactly flow with the plot of the story, it’s very catchy and definitely on repeat for me. Sure, the repeat of the word “joyful” in the chorus seems a bit lazy, and the words sometimes feel rushed, but I think the later is evocative of the New Orleans jazz style of music. I also think Anika Noni Rose does an excellent job with it!

FettFan

The AAs activated by the logs is just so cringe inducing. In this video, the log is waiting to go up into the barn and Tiana is just milling about doing nothing. Once the log is released to go up, she starts talking. "Hey, there ya'll are!" We're right in front of you. Very awkward.

Starts at 13:39

The Naveen AA looks more like Ernesto De La Cruz.
Coco_disneyscreencaps.com_7695.0.jpg

LindseyDisney

I have a question. Smells! Are there smells on the ride? Since food is big part of the ride's story. Though I would understand if Disney can't, because of the smell of the water.

Bocabear

I have a question. Smells! Are there smells on the ride? Since food is big part of the ride's story. Though I would understand if Disney can't, because of the smell of the water.
I didn't get that food was a big part of the ride's story...I thought they were wandering around a bayou looking for a Chuck-E-Cheese style plush character band and then for some reason we go over a waterfall and end up at a crowded party full of background characters dressed in ways we don't ever remember seeing them in the film..... Would Swamp Gas be a smell they would use? Swamps don't generally smell too nice.... And what happened to the whole salt mine part of the back story everyone was talking about?

The Mom

Premium Member
Again, this thread is about TBA - not a rehash of the reasons Splash should or should not have been closed, or why other attractions do/do not need to be changed. Thank you.

aladdin2007

I didn't get that food was a big part of the ride's story...I thought they were wandering around a bayou looking for a Chuck-E-Cheese style plush character band and then for some reason we go over a waterfall and end up at a crowded party full of background characters dressed in ways we don't ever remember seeing them in the film..... Would Swamp Gas be a smell they would use? Swamps don't generally smell too nice.... And what happened to the whole salt mine part of the back story everyone was talking about?
you walk through it in the queue and thats it

FiestaFunKid

I haven't seen any mention of piped-in smells during the ride.
Disney says there are 2 beignet scent experiences in there somewhere - probably when we see them. I've also not heard mention in any of the reviews, so perhaps a rider's sense of smell is disabled if moved to a state of catatonic boredom.

SilentWindODoom

And what happened to the whole salt mine part of the back story everyone was talking about?

1718123476621.png

I haven't seen any mention of piped-in smells during the ride.
Disney says there are 2 beignet scent experiences in there somewhere - probably when we see them. I've also not heard mention in any of the reviews, so perhaps a rider's sense of smell is disabled if moved to a state of catatonic boredom.

It's been mentioned a lot that you can smell them in the kitchen where they're being made in the queue. I imagine the other time is floating past them and Mama Odie. Other than that, I imagine it's the sweet, sweet smell of bromine.

Bocabear

View attachment 790906

It's been mentioned a lot that you can smell them in the kitchen where they're being made in the queue. I imagine the other time is floating past them and Mama Odie. Other than that, I imagine it's the sweet, sweet smell of bromine.
yes yes, obviously a big hill, but no mention of it being a salt mine... no salt crystals or deposits in the cave sections....no obvious integration I can see....

SilentWindODoom

yes yes, obviously a big hill, but no mention of it being a salt mine... no salt crystals or deposits in the cave sections....no obvious integration I can see....

The hill, the converted salt caverns in the last part of the queue that have crystals in the wall and signage, and the entire Tiana Foods empire seeming to be based on the McIlhenny Company headquartered on a salt dome.

flyerjab

I just watched a ride though video from DSNY with Jack. This video is probably the best by far of any video I have seen. It really does the ride justice - especially the incorporation of videos. They actually look impressive in this ride. For some reason, in every other ride through I have seen they look terrible, but he has someone captured them perfectly. He makes certain to pan around and show a lot of the scenery through out the ride. I feel much better about this redo after watching his ride through. He highlights the fact that in the areas where it seemed exceedingly dark with little to no theming (ala Dinosaur), those parts are actually really nice looking, and use screens very effectively for creating depth, with fireflies up in the trees overhead and off to either side.

In the end I will fully judge after we go on it in July. But for now, I would urge folks to check his ride through video out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom