Thumper Meet n Greet

drew81

Original Poster
Some character news-
I've recently heard that Thumper might be coming back to the parks possibly with a new look. I'm not sure if this will be for special events or regular meet n greets.

Kristamouse

I am assumeing you mean Thumper from Bambie not Thumper from Bug Life. The Grasshopper Thumper is one of my son's fav's and he loves ITTBAB b/c of Thumper.

csm

For Easter, perhaps?

Thumper is out every single year for meet and greats around Easter time. This isn't a surprise. I'd bet that the above poster's speculation is right and that's all that this is yet again.

I never understood why they have a massive warehouse full of chracter selection, but only use the same handful every day.

devoy1701

Thumper is out every single year for meet and greats around Easter time. This isn't a surprise. I'd bet that the above poster's speculation is right and that's all that this is yet again.

I never understood why they have a massive warehouse full of chracter selection, but only use the same handful every day.

1. It's cheaper to not have all of those characters appearing at all times (ie: less manpower)
2. even if they interchanged certain CMs to appear with different characters throughout the day...onsite storage in wardrobe could be an issue (?)
3. Makes meeting those rare characters alot more enjoyable...(I love the photo Op of Snow White with all Seven Dwarves at the Halloween Parties!)

drew81

Original Poster

The last time he was out was in February/March 2005 for the Bambi DVD release and he hasn't been out since then.

Chroniq

In 2007, Disney Consumer Products Division created a new line called "Disney Bunnies". So far the main push of the line has been childrens' picture books, most featuring Thumper as the main protagonist. There was discussion of a playhouse disney style animated show for the 4-8 set as well. The books and product line are being slowly incubated. So we may see more offerings in the future.

If this line catches fire like Disney Fairies expect to see expanded Meet and Greets as well as new looks for Bunnies.

disneyliv85

Does anyone have a pic of Thumper? The Easter bunny is always so scary looking so I'm hoping/assuming he doesn't look quite like that!

NewfieFan

The first thing I thought of when I heard Thumper was the brand "Disney Bunnies"... so it is catching on. I think they could do a lot with this franchise... although I would imagine it would appeal to the younger set (not really the 4-8) but what do I know!?!

And both my kids would love to meet Thumper

disneygirl1

Aww!!! I would love for Thumper to be out and about in the parks when we go in September!!! My son is a huge fan! One of his many nicknames is actually Thumper!! (long story).

Last weekend was the first that I heard about the Disney bunnies,,, Saw a coloring book at the local WalMart.

BelleGurl

That's awesome. I love Bambi. It was such a great film. In all my years at WDW, I never got a chance to meet Thumper. I did not even know he was once at WDW.:shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom