Thumper Meet n Greet

drew81

Original Poster
Thumper was out last year for Easter doing meet and greets in front of DAK's main entrance.

That's news to me. Rarely does DAK have different characters out. The only exception I can think of would've been the AP Jungle Book party when they had Mowgli and Col. Hathi.

When Thumper was out in 2005 there were issues so I would highly doubt they would've had him back.

NewfieFan

That's news to me. Rarely does DAK have different characters out. The only exception I can think of would've been the AP Jungle Book party when they had Mowgli and Col. Hathi.

When Thumper was out in 2005 there were issues so I would highly doubt they would've had him back.

What were the issues? And why doesn't DAK have different characters out? Just curious that's all!

drew81

Original Poster
There tends to be a couple of rare characters out at the Oasis.

Yes, but DAK already has those characters they just don't use them that much. For example Bre'r Rabbit, who they used during the holiday season.

DizneyPryncess

I would love to see Thumper! I've been to MK the past few years for Easter week and haven't seen him. Although I wasn't looking - wish I had been! I will have to keep my eyes open this year, except my week is in March & Easter isn't until April.

A friend of mine who was a previous CM said that the same characters are out all the time because the majority of people coming to Disney want to see them - not rare characters. He said if there were less Mickey's and more Kuzco's, they would get a lot of complaints. Still....for us Disney hard core fans, it would be awesome! :)

drew81

Original Poster
lets think. how many disney bunnies are there really. I can only think of Thumper, and Brer rabbit. i guess the rest would be made up.
The only other one I can think of would be White Rabbit from AIW.

I would love to see Thumper! I've been to MK the past few years for Easter week and haven't seen him. Although I wasn't looking - wish I had been! I will have to keep my eyes open this year, except my week is in March & Easter isn't until April.

A friend of mine who was a previous CM said that the same characters are out all the time because the majority of people coming to Disney want to see them - not rare characters. He said if there were less Mickey's and more Kuzco's, they would get a lot of complaints. Still....for us Disney hard core fans, it would be awesome! :)

Yes I would love to see some different characters out as well. That excuse used by mngt is rather lame. Many guests don't even know the difference between the VIP's. They don't know the difference between Pluto and Goofy, they think Chip 'n Dale are Alvin and the Chipmunks and Donald Duck is Daffy Duck.:brick:

Kristamouse

Actually I did mean Thumper from Bug's Life, Hoppers bouncer of sorts. If you have only seen the movies 1-100x you might not know his name is Thumper but if you have seen the moive 1000x like us you would know:p
I know it is Hopper at ITTBAB I just mixed them up... He loves thoose guys...

Oh and our 6 month old has a couple of Disney Bunny books all about Thumper...I belive Santa found them at Target.
http://www.geocities.com/anisidekicks/A_Bugs_Life/thumper.html

Flower'sChild

Some character news-
I've recently heard that Thumper might be coming back to the parks possibly with a new look. I'm not sure if this will be for special events or regular meet n greets.

I would so love to see Thumper and have him sign my Bambi dvd :wave:

I just love Thumper so much :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

disneyliv85

Actually I did mean Thumper from Bug's Life, Hoppers bouncer of sorts. If you have only seen the movies 1-100x you might not know his name is Thumper but if you have seen the moive 1000x like us you would know:p
I know it is Hopper at ITTBAB I just mixed them up... He loves thoose guys...

Oh and our 6 month old has a couple of Disney Bunny books all about Thumper...I belive Santa found them at Target.
http://www.geocities.com/anisidekicks/A_Bugs_Life/thumper.html

You would be correct! There is a character named Thumper, he's just not a main bug! Just thought I'd back ya up lol

Lets not forget Thumper's (the bunny) girlfriend! He was twitterpated! :kiss: I don't think she had a name tho

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom