This is terrible! (Thread orginally posted 9/11/2001)

WDW-Imagineer

They now say the #7 building... which is a 60-story building and the source of all of the smoke, as it is on fire... is going to collapse any moment now. Apparently the #5 building is already collapsed or going to.

mightyduck

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer
They now say the #7 building... which is a 60-story building and the source of all of the smoke, as it is on fire... is going to collapse any moment now. Apparently the #5 building is already collapsed or going to.

Those buildings are empty of both civilians and emergency personnel.... They have tried to secure the area to minimize collateral damage from these, as well. Building 7 had tower 1 hit it when it collapsed.

disneycrazy

I just want to say that I am grateful to God that all of us here on this board are safe. I hope that all of you with friends and family in the areas hit have heard that they are safe and sound. I am still having trouble wrapping my brain around all of this. I was watching the coverage when the second plane hit, and I know I will never be able to get the picture out of my head. And I don't know how to answer the questions that are surely gonna come from the senior high youth group at my church(I'm one of the leaders). I'm just thankful my son is too young to realize what's going on.

On the other hand, I am so mad I can't see straight! Have y'all seen the video of those idiots in Palestine celebrating? I don't know yet (for sure) who to be mad at, but I could just tear someone limb from limb. I might be a little too Republican for some people on this one, but I don't think we should stop short of total destruction of the people or country responsible for this! Hell, Tramp, this little woman is ready to sign up and kick some a** with you!:mad:

WDW-Imagineer

Buidling 7 just collapsed as expected. Thank you mighty duck for emphasizing that both 7 & 5 were evacuated when the first plane crash occured.

jay_london

I have watched the terrible events in NY and DC over here in the uk and would just like to say how sorry we are over here to see the suffering and destruction that has happened today. My thoughts and prayers are with all you guys state side.

Jay

sillyspook13

BREAKING NEWS: In Afghanistan, ground-to-air missils are being fired, not much information, but it could be related to these events.

Also, I found that many television stations, including Discovery channels and QVC are suspending their broadcasts.

sillyspook13

MORE NEWS: The explosions in Afghanistan are likely caused by a fire at an ammunitions dump, not a terrorist attack.

And, to answer any questions about the chances of Disney being attacked, the parks rank at 11th on the terrorist hit list.

Tramp

Originally posted by disneycrazy
On the other hand, I am so mad I can't see straight! Have y'all seen the video of those idiots in Palestine celebrating? I don't know yet (for sure) who to be mad at, but I could just tear someone limb from limb. I might be a little too Republican for some people on this one, but I don't think we should stop short of total destruction of the people or country responsible for this! Hell, Tramp, this little woman is ready to sign up and kick some a** with you!:mad:

hey crazy...no such thing as being too republican...lol....and if you are very conservative and perhaps a political hack like me, you'll be sad to know that Conservative Commentator Barbara Olsen died in one of those planes in the DC area...she was quite popular on most of the TV political talk shows...i really liked her.

...and I'm with ya on goin' after these despicable killers sparing no military assets to do it...and I would gladly put Osama Bin Laden in the crosshairs and pull the trigger and not lose a minutes sleep for doing it.

disneycrazy

Tramp, you are a dog after my own heart! I'm glad I'm not the only conservative on the boards.

I was sad to hear about Barbara Olson, and everyone on those planes.

I'm gonna ask you as a retired Marine, do you consider this an act of war? I really can't see this as anything less, but the media keeps cautioning against that. What do you think? Also, do you think there is more coming?

Tramp

I'm gonna ask you as a retired Marine, do you consider this an act of war? I really can't see this as anything less, but the media keeps cautioning against that. What do you think? Also, do you think there is more coming?

Hiya crazy....

Try to put this in perspective....if 10,000 people died today in NYC, thats more than the total combined dead in Pearl Harbor and the Normandy Invasion. That sounds like war to me. I can't imagine being at ground zero today when all hell broke loose...and I've been in some very violent spots in my day.

...these dastardly pieces of die in the name of their god and believe they will go to heaven for doing it...
and I don't think it's over yet....the SS Cole was the first step...this is yet another one...and seeing the success of today's strike on America, what do you think these morons are doing tonight?

disneycrazy

Thanks for the answers Tramp.

I just hope that we really make them pay for this one. I really am having a hard time believing that all this happened. I'm almost kinda paranoid now. I keep thinking what if we all wake up tomorrow and it starts all over again in different places.

All I know for sure is that if we don't do some major butt-kicking in retaliation, all these people will have died for nothing but a madman's ego.

Thanks to all you guys from the other side of the pond for your kind words. Please pray for this world.

markymark

We are, dont you worry.

I am quite sure that, as you put it, "major butt kicking" will happen. it's just important not to lose sight of everything in light of what happened. I am quite sure that they will be brought to justice.

This can all happen in time, the important thing now is to try to get things back to as near to normal as you can as soon as you can.

Believe me when I say that this has affected just about everyone over here. i went to a soccer match earlier and there was aminutes silence for you guys and those who had perished. There was over 30,000 people in total silence for a minute, kinda proves what this has done to all our lives even thoughwe are so far away.

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Accourding to CNN and MSNBC, about 200 firemen and policemen of New York are dead and 78 are missing as well. Our hearts go out to their families.

United and American Airlines are asking you to call if you have any information. Any will be of assisstance.

:(

This is the largest casualty on American soil since Pearl Harbor in which 3,000 people died. Here today a ruth estimate of 50,000 died.

It hurts the way the some of the people of the Middle East are actually celebrating the deathes of the American people and the attacks. :mad:

I say not as a American.....but as a man of humanity!

Tramp

I'm gonna ask you as a retired Marine, do you consider this an act of war?

As I sit here tonight next to my open window, the silence in the air is deafening and, occasionally, I hear the pulsating rotors of helicopters in the distance transporting victims to the burn centers in Yale-New Haven Hospital...kinda reminiscent of the Huey's evacuating the dead and wounded in Nam...if it ain't war, what is it?

Tramp

Originally posted by markymark

Believe me when I say that this has affected just about everyone over here. i went to a soccer match earlier and there was aminutes silence for you guys and those who had perished. There was over 30,000 people in total silence for a minute, kinda proves what this has done to all our lives even thoughwe are so far away.

yeah...you brits are ok...and you know we'd do the same for you...

Contrast this to the celebrations taking place in the streets of Palestine.

We're going to be OK. Americans have a history of bouncing back when confronted with loss and grief. We have good, smart leaders and a military that has always stepped forward in our darkest days. We'll be OK, my friends. I promise, we'll be ok.

mightyduck

NYC Port Authority is asking people to stay home tomorrow so the rescue efforts can continue...

They said tomorrow will not be a normal commuting day, and as of right now, only credentialed personnel are being allowed into the city...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom