This is terrible! (Thread orginally posted 9/11/2001)

Tramp

Originally posted by mightyduck
from the free republic website
"My guy from the National Guard says that these guys may have declared war. Martial Law in an hour in Washington and New York and National Guard may be called up this afternoon.(We are at DEFCON 2)"

YEAH DUCK....DEFENSE CONDITION 2 IS ONE AWAY FROM 'WAR'...SEEMS TO ME IT SHOULD BE AT '1'

lifeguard1020

Here in Chicago, Sears Tower Hancock building, Wrigly building...among many others...all evacuated...

And Canada closed all their airports as well....

Dan

Tramp

MILITARY IS AT "THREAT CONDITION DELTA".....

THIS CONDITION IS USED WHEN THE US IS ENGAGED IN WAR OR CONSIDERS THE US UNDER ATTACK

mightyduck

My brother said his friend was just called in to National Guard.... all Verizon (local phone service) 911 operators called in, and he said he's awaiting word for him to report to work (he has today off) to go to NYC. Major damage to land lines--the trunks are destroyed--so he said it will be a long time before all communications are restored.

Many NYC radio stations and tv stations are knocked out because the WTC towers hosted the antennae... Howard Stern still broadcasting because his tower is midtown...

mightyduck

My brother's friend fixes the rails for Amtrak and was on the last train out of queens this morning--watched second tower hit and called my brother to tell him....

Those in Florida locations...can't reach my parents... is there heavy phone use there, too? They are in Lake Buena Vista...

lifeguard1020

Don't know who said it, but someone on MSNBC jsut said...
"I don't know who is responsible for this, but woe's be to them..."
That's right.......someone is in trouble...

Dan

The Mom

Premium Member
My brother's friend fixes the rails for Amtrak and was on the last train out of queens this morning--watched second tower hit and called my brother to tell him....

Those in Florida locations...can't reach my parents... is there heavy phone use there, too? They are in Lake Buena Vista...

No one has said anything locally. The U of Fl is closing...I suspect lots might be.

lifeguard1020

Just talking to a friend of mine at Southern Illinois U who is in the ROTC just told me THEY will be being mobaliized...but untill then they are not allowed to wear any kind of military uniforms...even a "air force" tee shirt...

Dan

MrPromey

Yes, Verizon is reporting to the local stations that all circuits are busy in all local counties (in my area) We aren't all that far from the Orlando area and I'm guessing that they are probably worse with all the people out of state around there.

mightyduck

Originally posted by MrPromey

Yes, Verizon is reporting to the local stations that all circuits are busy in all local counties (in my area) We aren't all that far from the Orlando area and I'm guessing that they are probably worse with all the people out of state around there.

Thanks, Mr P. My brother said he heard that they plan to keep airports closed for a few days while things get sorted out....

lifeguard1020

As an EMT and a firefighter.........i am struck by this incident...especially having to do with the triage that you have to do in these mass casualty incidents...who do you treat first...

Dan

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom