The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

sup

I hope they talk about the public's outcry at paid fastpass and REMOVAL of most magic. No meet and greets or character dining. No parades unless your going at Christmas and paying 250 a person to see a parade. Looks like a lying joke to me. Greedy man Chapek will lie his backside off.

disneygeek90

Every time I have been to the parks in the last year and a half since the Covid Shutdown, it has been packed... Room availability is very low to nil, and the lines for everything have been crazy... Compared to pre-covid, are there less crowds? yes, but it is by no means dead... The parks , hotels and restaurants are still busy... It is still hard to get on FOP or ROTR...
I got a ROTR BG at 8:15pm last Friday and 6:20pm last night.

Dan Deesnee

Very disheartening to see so much of the 50th anniversary stuff not really celebrating the 50 year history at all but instead doing things that they can just keep doing after the 50th celebration is over.

No other way to explain some of the baffling choices in the Fab 50 statues (The Coco dog? Edna Mode I guess it's somewhat justifiable, the Soul main character?) as well as some of the characters included in the new firework show.

Can someone explain how characters from movies this year or very recently have anything to do with the 50 year history of WDW? Seems to be more about pushing Disney + subscriptions.

Cesar R M

Hmm… as long as it’s heavy on park history and short on most celebs and the last two CEO’s, this could be good. What are the odds?
I just hope they do not feel as wooden as some of the weatherman's presentations. They still can't beat Intel on how bad presentations are.. right?

Cmdr_Crimson

ABC to air Walt Disney World 50th anniversary TV special - 'The Most Magical Story on Earth: 50 Years of Walt Disney World'​

Let's hope it's not as bad as the Award Show they did for DL's 60th and it's actually in Orlando and not in the Kodak Theater in LA....:banghead:
Remember when Disney put actual effort into their anniversary specials?
That stopped after DL's 40th...

Cmdr_Crimson

Five bucks says this new TV special will be just as lousy as the Disneyland's 60th Anniversary Special from 2016.
With that they will slap a few families stories that they say they wanted to go to WDW but, due to some circumstances they can't and give it to them just like they do during the horrid holiday shows

Butchered songs that don't reflect the park at all...

If they want to do a "in memorium" do it for the rides that we lost in those 50 years if they do this "award show" gimmick..

But, the one thing...The ONE Thing they need to do...Is actually do footage on the parks and not just MK for crud sake..We have 47 square miles to celebrate not just the MK resort area.

TTA94

ABC to air Walt Disney World 50th anniversary TV special - 'The Most Magical Story on Earth: 50 Years of Walt Disney World'​

Interesting. We still don’t know when or if there will be a big ceremony on October 1 or prior? And if it is on Oct 1 will it be for all guests or only media, VIPs, etc?

Cmdr_Crimson

Interesting. We still don’t know when or if there will be a big ceremony on October 1 or prior? And if it is on Oct 1 will it be for all guests or only media, VIPs, etc?
If you don't see Any filming happening around the resort or anyone butchering songs in the park you can already guess this special is going to be disappointing..

Figments Friend

There will likely be a LOT of Guests showing up early on Oct 1st at MK for several reasons.

The three I can think of immediately are -

1.- 'Vloggers' / Internet personalities showing up to provide 'coverage' of the day's events.
Anyone who's anyone within a 2,300 mile radius will likely be there.
Brace yourself for the onslaught...

2.- WDW merchandise buyers looking to get in line for any announced Limited Edition 'day of' 50th merch ( including local 'flippers" hoping to score some for reselling )

3. - Guests nervous that they might not be able to get into the Park later in the day, even though having a Park Reservation guarantees you admission regardless of the time you decide to enter.

The other draw is if Disney announces beforehand a 'opening ceremony' or other short staged acknowledgment of that day being the actual 50th Anniversary of the property.
If they announce in advance, this will also drive the uber-fans in droves to line up in advance hoping to get priority viewing spots.
Ditto for 'vloggers' who will be there in full capacity anyway.

-

Cesar R M

There will likely be a LOT of Guests showing up early on Oct 1st at MK for several reasons.

The three I can think of immediately are -

1.- 'Vloggers' / Internet personalities showing up to provide 'coverage' of the day's events.
Anyone who's anyone within a 2,300 mile radius will likely be there.
Brace yourself for the onslaught...

2.- WDW merchandise buyers looking to get in line for any announced Limited Edition 'day of' 50th merch ( including local 'flippers" hoping to score some for reselling )

3. - Guests nervous that they might not be able to get into the Park later in the day, even though having a Park Reservation guarantees you admission regardless of the time you decide to enter.

The other draw is if Disney announces beforehand a 'opening ceremony' or other short staged acknowledgment of that day being the actual 50th Anniversary of the property.
If they announce in advance, this will also drive the uber-fans in droves to line up in advance hoping to get priority viewing spots.
Ditto for 'vloggers' who will be there in full capacity anyway.

-
I have to agree with Vloggers. Disney seems to have given a ton of benefits for vloggers when the Disney Dream first sailed.
The amount of Vloggers also on Carnival Mardi Grass 's launch was pretty insane.
And I bet this will cause a gigantic group to gather on the first days of the 50th to "show the changes".
Infact, There were a few "famous" Disney ones checking already... Like Jojo and Palo

Bocabear

I have to agree with Vloggers. Disney seems to have given a ton of benefits for vloggers when the Disney Dream first sailed.
The amount of Vloggers also on Carnival Mardi Grass 's launch was pretty insane.
And I bet this will cause a gigantic group to gather on the first days of the 50th to "show the changes".
Infact, There were a few "famous" Disney ones checking already... Like Jojo and Palo
What changes? LOL there will be relatively nothing completed by the anniversary kickoff. LOL

ppete1975

Lets hope they stay true to what they are promising and not just musical performances.
And honestly from everything they want to do, why not make this a weekly show for a few weeks then put it on disney+
They own ABC and 4-6 weeks of 1-2 hour specials of the history, present and future of wdw would prob do great ratings (for todays broadcast tv) give them more disney+ material, and add some pixie dust into peoples veins that is always good. That might be the thing that makes a 5 year old kid decide to convince their parents they have to go lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom