The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Cmdr_Crimson

What changes? LOL there will be relatively nothing completed by the anniversary kickoff. LOL
Gonna have to agree on this..Besides the castle, the SSE lighting package, and Ratatouille it just doesn't feel so grandiose in the way it was getting hyped up plus if they were going to go all out they wouldn't have put the Halloween decorations up and instead put 50th bunting, banners and signs..It's just facade to what we really see..
7de1288a54b3cacd6cba2f447299d7ee.jpg

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Putting aside what has already been said about the golden lawn ornament campaign - why have random execs revealing these statues? Who cares? It seems to emphasize the sealed bubble Disney management lives in. Why not get celebrities or, better yet, guests who attended WDW the year it opened?
They care because since its gold.. some of the exe compensation money might have gone to the statues. :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Cesar R M

Very disheartening to see so much of the 50th anniversary stuff not really celebrating the 50 year history at all but instead doing things that they can just keep doing after the 50th celebration is over.

No other way to explain some of the baffling choices in the Fab 50 statues (The Coco dog? Edna Mode I guess it's somewhat justifiable, the Soul main character?) as well as some of the characters included in the new firework show.

Can someone explain how characters from movies this year or very recently have anything to do with the 50 year history of WDW? Seems to be more about pushing Disney + subscriptions.
Wait, the coco dog got one and not Miguel or the tiger Alebrije?

JohnD

There will likely be a LOT of Guests showing up early on Oct 1st at MK for several reasons.

The three I can think of immediately are -

1.- 'Vloggers' / Internet personalities showing up to provide 'coverage' of the day's events.
Anyone who's anyone within a 2,300 mile radius will likely be there.
Brace yourself for the onslaught...

2.- WDW merchandise buyers looking to get in line for any announced Limited Edition 'day of' 50th merch ( including local 'flippers" hoping to score some for reselling )

3. - Guests nervous that they might not be able to get into the Park later in the day, even though having a Park Reservation guarantees you admission regardless of the time you decide to enter.

The other draw is if Disney announces beforehand a 'opening ceremony' or other short staged acknowledgment of that day being the actual 50th Anniversary of the property.
If they announce in advance, this will also drive the uber-fans in droves to line up in advance hoping to get priority viewing spots.
Ditto for 'vloggers' who will be there in full capacity anyway.

-
What constitutes "early"? I have a park reservation for MK on 10/1 and am staying off-site so will need to drive. Just wondering what time I'll need to arrive at the entrance plaza along with the rest of the horde?

Brian

What constitutes "early"?
If Disneyland's 50th serves as a guide, as early as 3pm the day before.

I recall that they had to open up what is now Buena Vista Street at DCA to hold all the people in the wee hours of the morning. Hopefully some details will become available as to when they'll allow folks to queue up day of.

Last edited:

JohnD

If Disneyland's 50th serves as a guide, as early as 3pm the day before.

I recall that they had to open up what is now Buena Vista Street at DCA to hold all the people in the wee hours of the morning. Hopefully some details will become available as to when they'll allow folks to queue up day of.

Ugh. Well, as has been said, I have a park reservation which means I can get in. I can see arriving at 6 but not at 3.

Brian

Ugh. Well, as has been said, I have a park reservation which means I can get in. I can see arriving at 6 but not at 3.
There's a handful of guests who arrive at 6am on normal days (for a 9am opening).

Not sure if you meant 6pm and 3pm the day before, but as a previous poster indicated, all the vlogers and bloggers will be there at the first opportunity. It will surely be a mad house unless they stagger entry/arrival times in advance.

JohnD

There's a handful of guests who arrive at 6am on normal days (for a 9am opening).

Not sure if you meant 6pm and 3pm the day before, but as a previous poster indicated, all the vlogers and bloggers will be there at the first opportunity. It will surely be a mad house unless they stagger entry/arrival times in advance.

Oh, I meant 6am, meaning I could see myself arriving at 6am (wouldn't normally. Would be closer to park open). I'll let the vloggers and bloggers get there first. I'm there to experience the 50th on that day but don't have to be first in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom