The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

mikejs78

Premium Member
If the latter truly cared about the resort, he’d resign.

If every good person in the org resigns we won't have any good people left. The jury is still out on Josh IMO and we have to recognize that he works for Bob.

It may be that Josh is more of the same. Or it might be that he cares about the parks and does what he can. But to want him to resign to make a statement is foolish.

Parker in NYC

If every good person in the org resigns we won't have any good people left. The jury is still out on Josh IMO and we have to recognize that he works for Bob.

It may be that Josh is more of the same. Or it might be that he cares about the parks and does what he can. But to want him to resign to make a statement is foolish.
I stand behind my foolish statement. He’s the chairman of parks and resorts. He should act like it. And if he is, and is showing you who he is, believe him.

James Alucobond

I stand behind my foolish statement. He’s the chairman of parks and resorts. He should act like it. And if he is, and is showing you who he is, believe him.
If he’s not the problem, resigning won’t help. Chapek will find someone else more compliant.

If he is the problem, resigning might help, but most people who are problematic don’t realize that they are, so your appeal to his moral compass will likely fall on deaf ears anyway.

And just as a generality, most people don’t quit every time their boss does something they don’t agree with.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Funny…I just heard a very lovely CM say “Josh really cares” after trashing slap head

textbook sacred cow going on in “the company”

I hope they aren’t disappointed. It seems evident that the closure/layoffs last year was pretty traumatic…not that I expected anything less.

it’s good to know my Eisner/pressler anecdotes still play…however 👍🏻

FutureCEO

I was in Disney last week. Other than the Magic Kingdom all parks were not that crowded, thank god. Many rides were walk ons including Soarin. The longest wait for a ride was the Toy Story baby coaster at 45 minutes, Splash and Flight of Passage at around the same or a little less. Though one day it was too crowded at the MK and we left after 3 hours.

It's baffling though how Disney wants you to squeeze all the way in now. We skipped the stretch room.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I was in Disney last week. Other than the Magic Kingdom all parks were not that crowded, thank god. Many rides were walk ons including Soarin. The longest wait for a ride was the Toy Story baby coaster at 45 minutes, Splash and Flight of Passage at around the same or a little less. Though one day it was too crowded at the MK and we left after 3 hours.

It's baffling though how Disney wants you to squeeze all the way in now. We skipped the stretch room.
We are going to tragic kingdom today and that is NUTS…

I am getting a bit of this weird “back during covid” vibe from some of the workers at times…overhearing things…coming a little close…etc.

can’t quite explain that. One indicated that their staffing problem is the only thing keeping them from full bore slammed.

“well staffing is so bad it’s gonna take us months to get back to 75% occumpancy”

maybe…but probably not. That is a classic “believe what I tell you…not what you see” from “the company”. Just my guess.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Considering the Queue Lenght is like almost 15 minutes on pure plain speed walking. Id consider 30 minutes a walk on. (Only the research base section being the bottleneck to check the queue details).
Yeah…we didn’t actually stop until the door at the top of the ramp for the preshow

35 for mine train heading into MK now.

I hate trip reports…but I might start a thread to track Walk-ons for grins 🤪

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

Parker in NYC

If he’s not the problem, resigning won’t help. Chapek will find someone else more compliant.

If he is the problem, resigning might help, but most people who are problematic don’t realize that they are, so your appeal to his moral compass will likely fall on deaf ears anyway.

And just as a generality, most people don’t quit every time their boss does something they don’t agree with.
How many times has it been? I’ve lost count. Unless he agrees with the majority of these changes. And that would be really unfortunate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom