The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
"We" haven't allowed it to become a joke...I have paid them handsomely for my entertainment experiences and supported the company... I am finding it harder to do so of late...
And I am quite vocal about the bad turn when I see it...
I don't think those of us that really love the park are to blame, but poor misguided management decisions... Over and Over and Over....
Paying more and more no matter what it is will result in the kinds of things we are seeing. We are a collective. Like it or not.

even those that are critical/measured such as you and I
Park passes available once again for resort guests on 10/1!
I’m here…it’s eerie Empty and people look nervous…
Just came from boma…food was good…but it was weird.

which is entirely deserved due to Florida’s lack of management.

in talking to the workers for the last 12 hours…they are well aware of the drop in demand observed and what the fall/winter is going to look like.

take the truth with a grain of salt

dreday3

Paying more and more no matter what it is will result in the kinds of things we are seeing. We are a collective. Like it or not.

in talking to the workers for the last 12 hours…they are well aware of the drop in demand observed and what the fall/winter is going to look like.

What were they saying?

Enjoy your trip!

WEDYENSID

My adult kids have been there since Thursday - They haven't seen it this slow going back to 2007, the 1st year I took them there.

However, they are loving that you can get on most anything with hardly a wait...

Bocabear

Every time I have been to the parks in the last year and a half since the Covid Shutdown, it has been packed... Room availability is very low to nil, and the lines for everything have been crazy... Compared to pre-covid, are there less crowds? yes, but it is by no means dead... The parks , hotels and restaurants are still busy... It is still hard to get on FOP or ROTR...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What were they saying?

Enjoy your trip!
I have just been at DAKL…I asked the bartenders…the servers…one of the GSM how things were looking once it opens back full (8/26)…and they didn’t do too much to hide the worry/concern

guests = their paychecks. And no matter how people tow the company line…it’s easy to see if you know what to look for.

as far as “for the 50th” goes…seems more like “for the 45th”…

Now if you’ll excuse me…20 minutes on flight of passage and 5 everywhere else

jrhwdw

If Someone would just solve the Freaking COVID!!!!! Things would look better! I'm sorry FL is on a COVID high right now but what do we want FL to do??? Close Orlando again??????

Bocabear

Wow! I am so surprised to read that! I was there last fall and it was mobbed, and again this past spring and the same thing... Park packed, restaurants full... Maybe with Delta Variant it has finally slowed people down.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Every time I have been to the parks in the last year and a half since the Covid Shutdown, it has been packed... Room availability is very low to nil, and the lines for everything have been crazy... Compared to pre-covid, are there less crowds? yes, but it is by no means dead... The parks , hotels and restaurants are still busy... It is still hard to get on FOP or ROTR...
I just walked past the bell stand…heard then say they have 7 check ins left…at 8:45

im sure it will pick up later this week…but this is low even for a low time of year.

the parks shouldn’t have been packed…and I don’t think they were by your description…but the covid “awakening” would have drawn that March-July. People were upbeat. Now they are not

jrhwdw

I have just been at DAKL…I asked the bartenders…the servers…one of the GSM how things were looking once it opens back full (8/26)…and they didn’t do too much to hide the worry/concern

guests = their paychecks. And no matter how people tow the company line…it’s easy to see if you know what to look for.

as far as “for the 50th” goes…seems more like “for the 45th”…

Now if you’ll excuse me…20 minutes on flight of passage and 5 everywhere else
Part of me wishes we were back at the 45th! we still had MSEP(it left on Oct 10th, but still) The world was not sick!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If Someone would just solve the Freaking COVID!!!!! Things would look better! I'm sorry FL is on a COVID high right now but what do we want FL to do??? Close Orlando again??????

Wow! I am so surprised to read that! I was there last fall and it was mobbed, and again this past spring and the same thing... Park packed, restaurants full... Maybe with Delta Variant it has finally slowed people down.
I think it’s likely a combination of several factors…

but at least one big one has to be the mismanagement of Ron the Dolt

doctornick

It's always one of the slowest times of the year and there are no foreign guests to backfill all the domestic travelers who don't come in late August due to school starting in many places. I'm sure other factors could be playing a role - the COVID surge, the mask mandate, etc keeping people away as well as the potential for folks to delay and come for the 50th in October instead.

Parker in NYC

I don't have a problem with Disney cutting back in WDW'S 50th provided they make up for it on the company's 100th in 2023. Covid19 ruined everything and waiting 2 years is a smart move.
Keep blaming Covid. You should be blaming Chapek and D’Amaro. If the latter truly cared about the resort, he’d resign. Looks like those corporate bonuses mean more.

And Iger laid the groundwork.

Parker in NYC

"We" haven't allowed it to become a joke...I have paid them handsomely for my entertainment experiences and supported the company... I am finding it harder to do so of late...
And I am quite vocal about the bad turn when I see it...
I don't think those of us that really love the park are to blame, but poor misguided management decisions... Over and Over and Over....
By continuing to contribute to a dumpster fire? Yeah, the road to hell is paved with pixie dust.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My adult kids have been there since Thursday - They haven't seen it this slow going back to 2007, the 1st year I took them there.

However, they are loving that you can get on most anything with hardly a wait...
…oh…I didn’t say I had a problem with it 🤪

the three walk on everests was a bit much for me…

but 30 minutes for FOP at 12:30 ain’t bad

Bocabear

I just walked past the bell stand…heard then say they have 7 check ins left…at 8:45

im sure it will pick up later this week…but this is low even for a low time of year.

the parks shouldn’t have been packed…and I don’t think they were by your description…but the covid “awakening” would have drawn that March-July. People were upbeat. Now they are not
Shouldn't have been but were... All restaurants were sold out at Disney Springs... Chicken Guy had a line out the door and around the building at 8:30 at night... Most of the rides had hour plus wait times...Slink Dog was over 2 hours...
I don't know how busy it has to be in your world to say the parks are packed, but it was busier than I had seen it in a very long time.

WEDYENSID

…oh…I didn’t say I had a problem with it 🤪

the three walk on everests was a bit much for me…

but 30 minutes for FOP at 12:30 ain’t bad
Hearing the same Great results on ride times from my kids, good time to be there (except for the heat?)...

Hotels must be hurting as well, my kids were given a room upgrade that would be low 5 figures of extra value any time of the year!!! That one kinda shocked me, but not sure why Disney did it?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Shouldn't have been but were... All restaurants were sold out at Disney Springs... Chicken Guy had a line out the door and around the building at 8:30 at night... Most of the rides had hour plus wait times...Slink Dog was over 2 hours...
I don't know how busy it has to be in your world to say the parks are packed, but it was busier than I had seen it in a very long time.
I think what you largely saw was the American “ok…it’s over” release this year…

and I bet the winter is quiet. Next spring I would expect the same effect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom