The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

tcool123

Hopefully I don't get banned for this one...

Why is BB-8 holding out a... uh... "rear end stopper"
(I know what it actually is, I just can't not see that.)

Recreates this scene from Force Awakens, seems to be a lighter.

Episode 7 Yes GIF by Star Wars

Figments Friend

What constitutes "early"? I have a park reservation for MK on 10/1 and am staying off-site so will need to drive. Just wondering what time I'll need to arrive at the entrance plaza along with the rest of the horde?
No need to show up early unless you feel a need to purchase any anniversary merch being released that day.
There will be lines to get into certain shops in the Park if this takes place, for sure.

If merch isn't a priority, then unless there is some kind of special 'opening ceremony' or staged presentation that morning I'd say take your time getting to MK.
I currently don't have plans to rush in myself, unless I am tipped off to something taking place I need to be there for.

I'll be over at the Polynesian enjoying a late breakfast that morning...and will stroll in after 11:30 or so.
That is unless I hear of something I need to be there early for...such as special ceremonies, presentations, giveaways for Guests, or limited edition 'day of only' merchandise I'm keen on.
Earliest I can get there is 8am....but the locals, ' vlogging community', and uber hardcores will probably start lining up around 5 or 6am.
All depends on what is announced before the day, and what is known to take place.

Disneyland in CA had special anniversary days where locals and fans would line up a full day in advance, but I don't honestly expect that to happen at WDW's Magic Kingdom.
But ya just never know....

-

Last edited:

JohnD

No need to show up early unless you feel a need to purchase any anniversary merch being released that day.
There will be lines to get into certain shops in the Park if this takes place, for sure.

If merch isn't a priority, then unless there is some kind of special 'opening ceremony' or staged presentation that morning I'd say take your time getting to MK.
I currently don't have plans to rush in myself, unless I am tipped off to something taking place I need to be there for.

I'll be over at the Polynesian enjoying a late breakfast that morning...and will stroll in after 11:30 or so.
That is unless I hear of something I need to be there early for...such as special ceremonies, presentations, giveaways for Guests, or limited edition 'day of only' merchandise I'm keen on.
Earliest I can get there is 8am....but the locals, ' vlogging community', and uber hardcores will probably start lining up around 5 or 6am.
All depends on what is announced before the day, and what is known to take place.

Disneyland in CA had special anniversary days where locals and fans would line up a full day in advance, but I don't honestly expect that to happen at WDW's Magic Kingdom.
But ya just never know....

-
Sounds good to me. I’m staying at Springhill Flamingo Crossing so will arrive sometime in the AM. I have a dinner reservation at Whipering Canyon at 5pm which will be a nice early evening break before returning for night activities at MK.

TTA94

Am I right in thinking that those driving will need to line up at the toll plaza until the parking lot opens, then there will be a mad rush to see who can park the fastest and run to the TTC and get in line at the security area, then wait in line at either the monorail or fairy boat, then wait in line at the turn styles at MK?

So those staying at either the contemporary or GF will be the first in line at the MK turnstiles, followed by those coming by bus from the other resorts, then lastly the TTC guests?

Brian

Am I right in thinking that those driving will need to line up at the toll plaza until the parking lot opens, then there will be a mad rush to see who can park the fastest and run to the TTC and get in line at the security area, then wait in line at either the monorail or fairy boat, then wait in line at the turn styles at MK?

So those staying at either the contemporary or GF will be the first in line at the MK turnstiles, followed by those coming by bus from the other resorts, then lastly the TTC guests?
Those at the Seven Seas Lagoon resorts will certainly have an advantage because they can walk, barring monorail or boat service. With that said, there will likely be a plan of action for when the entrance plaza will open, and security cast stationed on the walkways to turn people away if it's too early.

Figments Friend

OH yeah, there will definitely be a plan as to when people will be allowed to enter from all points.

I'm sure details will be known before the date as to when the Parking toll gates open and Guests will be allowed to decend upon the realm.

Remember folks, it's going to be a crazy ( but memorable ) day on October 1st at the Magic Kingdom.
Crazy.
Get plenty of sleep the night before, as you probably won't get much that evening with all the excitement and the post-event adrenaline rush.

Also, don't forget to bring your own food!
I've noted this a couple of times already, but come prepared -
All table service locations at MK and in many cases the surrounding MK area Resorts are booked up for the 1st.
CS and snack carts wil likely be very busy...so be sure to bring some snacks with you just in case!
Expect huge lines for anything food or merch related.
I won't even get into Attraction lines....

My plan is to just enjoy the day and observe the festivities and scene around me.
Not pursuing rides at all that day as I fully expect everything to be absolutely mobbed.
I've experienced them all before , many times, over many years....and will do so in the days before and after the 1st.
Hoping to snap a lot of photos and share some commentary here about the day.
:)

-

TikibirdLand

OH yeah, there will definitely be a plan as to when people will be allowed to enter from all points.

I'm sure details will be known before the date as to when the Parking toll gates open and Guests will be allowed to decend upon the realm.

Remember folks, it's going to be a crazy ( but memorable ) day on October 1st at the Magic Kingdom.
Crazy.
Get plenty of sleep the night before, as you probably won't get much that evening with all the excitement and the post-event adrenaline rush.

All table service locations at MK and in many cases the surrounding MK area Resorts are booked up for the 1st.
CS and snack carts wil likely be very busy...so be sure to bring some snacks with you just in case!

My plan is to just enjoy the day and observe the festivities and scene around me.
Not pursuing rides at all that day as I fully expect everything to be absolutely mobbed.
I've experienced them all before , many times, over many years....and will do so in the days before and after the 1st.

-
My plan is to sit here by the computer and watch the mob scene playing out before me, note by note. And, watch the number of topics increase as more complaints roll in! Can't get enough of the threads like, "I'm never going to WDW again" and "When can I renew my AP?".

TTA94

Crazy.

-

Not saying your wrong and it still may be like this, but that’s how I imagined it would have been had Covid never happened.

Figments Friend

Wouldn't it be fun, and 'nostalgic' to have the ABC tv special for WDW's 50th Anniversary on October 1st be 'live'...?
Just like in the days of yore.

On another note, I recently saw what looked to be some new concept art for 'Enchantment' , and this time everyone painted on Main Street watching the Show was wearing blue and gold 'mouse ears'.
Made me immediately get the impression that maybe....just MAYBE Guests visiting MK on 'the day' will be given '50th Ears'.
Now that would be rather nice...and make for some snazzy media photos with just about ALL Guests watching the debut wearing ears.

Ears have been given out before...elsewhere.
Similar to what Disneyland did some years ago for one of their major anniversaries ( 50th if I'm remembering correctly ) and a special showing of DCA's 'World of Color'.
Can't forget about the free ears given away the day of a Disney Store Grand Opening...( R.I.P. )

Wether or not WDW would give away such a item in these times, I am not 100% sure.
But with Park Reservations required, they would know exactly the number of ears they would need to have made for such giveaways.

Hmm....

🤔

-

Last edited:

Little Green Men

Well there will be a pink castle, a lot of banners and bunting, the golden statues and a lot of construction... PLus Ratatouille in EPCOT, Harmonious, and more construction.... It is a complete and utter failure to add anything of substance for the anniversary..
And the creperie, Space 220, new innoventions area, reworked tomorrowland, repainted small world facade

deix15x8

Wouldn't it be fun, and 'nostalgic' to have the ABC tv special for WDW's 50th Anniversary on October 1st be 'live'...?
Just like in the days of yore.

On another note, I recently saw what looked to be some new concept art for 'Enchantment' , and this time everyone painted on Main Street watching the Show was wearing blue and gold 'mouse ears'.
Made me immediately get the impression that maybe....just MAYBE Guests visiting MK on 'the day' will be given '50th Ears'.
Now that would be rather nice...and make for some snazzy media photos with just about ALL Guests watching the debut wearing ears.

Ears have been given out before...elsewhere.
Similar to what Disneyland did some years ago for one of their major anniversaries ( 50th if I'm remembering correctly ) and a special showing of DCA's 'World of Color'.
Can't forget about the free ears given away the day of a Disney Store Grand Opening...( R.I.P. )

Wether or not WDW would give away such a item in these times, I am not 100% sure.
But with Park Reservations required, they would know exactly the number of ears they would need to have made for such giveaways.

Hmm....

🤔

-
Crazy how Disneyland's opening was broadcast live, and with all of today's technology and mobile filming and broadcast capabilities Disney isn't able to do live TV specials any more. It's all about controlling the brand, they can't do that with real guests.

Animaniac93-98

Crazy how Disneyland's opening was broadcast live, and with all of today's technology and mobile filming and broadcast capabilities Disney isn't able to do live TV specials any more. It's all about controlling the brand, they can't do that with real guests.

Well that and the unpredictability of weather when planning a live event so many weeks out.

They want it to look like "the sunshine state" when filming.

James Alucobond

There was also a much higher tolerance for on-air gaffes at that time, perhaps because they were harder to catch in the first place given picture and sound quality and completely impossible to replay. It’s always been about controlling their image, even when the live broadcasts were done back in the day. Live just wasn’t as indelible then as it is now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom