The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

TTA94

Thought of this the other day pure speculation, but with the 50th celebration having phases.....

Magic happens is rumored not to return to DL until 2023 since its MSEP 50th Anniversary next year, which they are rumored to bring back. Could it be coming to FL?

I know insiders have said that DL wont lend a parade to WDW, but I thought it was interesting that this parade will be dark for nearly 2.5 years before it comes back.

Still think any other entertainment, which at this point is looking at 2022, will be announced later this year or D23. Would be a good time for them to announce anything F! related as well. But, we’ll see.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Some more photos of the EPCOT banners

The-Worlds-Most-Magical-Celebration_Full_43702.jpg

aladdin2007

Unless more is planned at some point, as of now you would never even know the MK was going to have its 50th. Aside from looking at the castle and its big 50 on it, that's it. Two pathetic banners out front and zip, nothing else. I know its only August, but I dont see much of an effort going on. I couldn't believe how many things are closed in the park right now, all the merch stores have been consolidated down to a bare minimum few left...big top souvenirs did away with most everything and its now mostly all food...the mermaid queue looks horrible with stagnant muck water and trash everywhere...things dont look good right now, (wont even start on tomorrowland's ghetto) and I just hope there is some more decor or work to come.

TTA94

Unless more is planned at some point, as of now you would never even know the MK was going to have its 50th. Aside from looking at the castle and its big 50 on it, that's it. Two pathetic banners out front and zip, nothing else. I know its only August, but I dont see much of an effort going on. I couldn't believe how many things are closed in the park right now, all the merch stores have been consolidated down to a bare minimum few left...big top souvenirs did away with most everything and its now mostly all food...the mermaid queue looks horrible with stagnant muck water and trash everywhere...things dont look good right now, (wont even start on tomorrowland's ghetto) and I just hope there is some more decor or work to come.

With the exception of Oct 1st they should have pushed off the 50th to Spring 2022 when it’s closer to Tron and the RR opening, and hopefully more entertainment can return. I feel like that’s been WDWs plan to do more of a light start to the 50th in October, mostly because they have to since it’s the “official 50th” date, then there’s the Halloween and Holiday events going on, plus the ongoing rocky road of the pandemic. Next year is when they Might put more effort into the 50th, or at least it might feel more like a Anniversary. Maybe.

doctornick

Thought of this the other day pure speculation, but with the 50th celebration having phases.....

Magic happens is rumored not to return to DL until 2023 since its MSEP 50th Anniversary next year, which they are rumored to bring back. Could it be coming to FL?

I know insiders have said that DL wont lend a parade to WDW, but I thought it was interesting that this parade will be dark for nearly 2.5 years before it comes back.

But MK could just as easily run FoF rather than shipping a parade from DLR. I no longer expect anything from DLR, but PTN would be the obvious choice and it is not being used by DL (hasn't been used since late 2018 from a quick interwebs search).

cheezbat

It’s really quite sad seeing what will actually be happening in WDW for the 50th vs what should have happened. No fantasyland ride refreshes…no Big Thunder finale updates…no Space Mountain updates…no Tomorrowland Speedway retheme…Epcot is a torn up mess…Tron won’t be opening till halfway through the 50th celebration…no new parades…no revamped Fantasmic!…Primeval Whirl SBNO…Disco yeti…Typhoon Lagoon STILL closed….not a single thing added to Blizzard Beach in 25 years…

what a joke of a major anniversary celebration. WDW deserves so much more.

Parker in NYC

It’s really quite sad seeing what will actually be happening in WDW for the 50th vs what should have happened. No fantasyland ride refreshes…no Big Thunder finale updates…no Space Mountain updates…no Tomorrowland Speedway retheme…Epcot is a torn up mess…Tron won’t be opening till halfway through the 50th celebration…no new parades…no revamped Fantasmic!…Primeval Whirl SBNO…Disco yeti…Typhoon Lagoon STILL closed….not a single thing added to Blizzard Beach in 25 years…

what a joke of a major anniversary celebration. WDW deserves so much more.
WDW is a joke now. We’ve allowed it to become a joke. In turn, we’re getting the celebration we deserve.

Bocabear

WDW is a joke now. We’ve allowed it to become a joke. In turn, we’re getting the celebration we deserve.
"We" haven't allowed it to become a joke...I have paid them handsomely for my entertainment experiences and supported the company... I am finding it harder to do so of late...
And I am quite vocal about the bad turn when I see it...
I don't think those of us that really love the park are to blame, but poor misguided management decisions... Over and Over and Over....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom