The Walt Disney Company Commits $2.5 Million for Hurricane Katrina Relief

annijaz

Well done disney

That is very generous they really do need it right now, I'm flying over to disney in november from manchester england.

Does anyone know how i can donate to the hurricane disaster, we are very lucky in England not to have this kind of weather.

All my thought and prayers are with the people involved in this terrible disaster

xxxxx

worldshwcasefan

speck76 said:
Press Release Source: The Walt Disney Company

The Walt Disney Company Commits $2.5 Million for Hurricane Katrina Relief and Rebuilding Efforts
Wednesday August 31, 2:43 pm ET

BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 31, 2005--The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS - News) announced today that it will make a corporate contribution of $2.5 million to the relief and rebuilding efforts for victims of Hurricane Katrina. One million dollars will be donated to the American Red Cross for immediate relief efforts, one million dollars will be designated for rebuilding efforts targeted at children's charities, and the remaining $500,000 will be directed towards volunteer centers providing services to the communities affected by the hurricane.
"The devastation in the wake of Hurricane Katrina is simply heartbreaking and our thoughts are with those struggling in the aftermath of this disaster," said Michael Eisner, CEO, and Bob Iger, president, COO and CEO-elect of The Walt Disney Company. "We hope that our donation will aid emergency management teams and organizations in their efforts to provide assistance to those impacted."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Walt Disney Company
Zenia Mucha, 818-560-5300
Michelle Bergman, 818-560-8231
David Caouette, 818-560-8543

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: The Walt Disney Company

Nice Move

Captain Hank

annijaz said:
That is very generous they really do need it right now, I'm flying over to disney in november from manchester england.

Does anyone know how i can donate to the hurricane disaster, we are very lucky in England not to have this kind of weather.

All my thought and prayers are with the people involved in this terrible disaster

xxxxx
Try clicking in either one of the links in my signature. Both are ways to donate to the American Red Cross.

PaisleyMF

Relif

Germany, Mexico, France, England (i can dare to say most of World Showcase) have pledge Help. Even Venezuela has pledge help and Oil Barrels.

Plus Already Corporate America has pledege 37 millions in help, donations and some money.

tigsmom

annijaz said:

xxxxx

Just follow the link in my signature... :wave:

Nut4Disney

Where is help from other countries? Have they offered, or is the U.S. just too proud to accept it. When there is a natural disaster anywhere in the world, the U.S. is the first to step up and offer assistance, but when it happens to us, no one returns the favor. This shouldn't have anything to do with their views on Iraq either, it's always been this way long before Iraq. In my opinion, Kuwait is an oil rich nation that we defended against Iraq in 1991, they should be giving us oil, at least in our time of need as a courtesy.

tigsmom

Nut4Disney said:
Where is help from other countries? Have they offered, or is the U.S. just too proud to accept it. When there is a natural disaster anywhere in the world, the U.S. is the first to step up and offer assistance, but when it happens to us, no one returns the favor. This shouldn't have anything to do with their views on Iraq either, it's always been this way long before Iraq. In my opinion, Kuwait is an oil rich nation that we defended against Iraq in 1991, they should be giving us oil, at least in our time of need as a courtesy.

There is help coming from other countries, just check the news reports a little closer.

:wave:

Erika

dizpins14 said:
since i cant go home for like 2 months you think Cinderella will let me shack up in her castle? :lol:

Aww
hug8ok.gif

It doesn't hurt to ask!

Bizarra

Good for Disney..

Hubby and I donated to the red cross day before yesterday... and due to rising gas prices we cancelled a trip this weekend to drive to Cincinatti to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. Instead, we are going to a fancy restaurant here in town (it IS our 10th!) and we are going to donate the amount we would have paid a hotel for Friday night to the red Cross as well.

Erika

Bizarra said:
Good for Disney..

Hubby and I donated to the red cross day before yesterday... and due to rising gas prices we cancelled a trip this weekend to drive to Cincinatti to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. Instead, we are going to a fancy restaurant here in town (it IS our 10th!) and we are going to donate the amount we would have paid a hotel for Friday night to the red Cross as well.

What a classy thing to do. With hearts that big I bet 10 years was a breeze :wave: Happy anniversary!

Connor002

RoninHood said:
The president just declared war on mother nature today in response to katrina.

???

i don't find that funny in the least bit...

good for disney, good for eveyone else that have or are going to donate anything to help, good for any countries that are stepping in and helping(sure the we Americans are the first to help out others, but give them time, and even any who do not, well, i fell no regret that the U.S. has helped them)

my school will be starting a fund soon, so i'll hope to donate then, and i would donate to the WDWMagic fund if my parent's approved of PayPall, but i'll do what i can

tigsmom

Connor002 said:
my school will be starting a fund soon, so i'll hope to donate then, and i would donate to the WDWMagic fund if my parent's approved of PayPall, but i'll do what i can

Doesn't matter where you donate to as long as it happens. Big or small, every donation helps! :wave:

speck76

Original Poster
Thrawn said:
Not even funny. If you don't like the US, move out.

great attitude :rolleyes:

I did not realize that as US citizens, we were forced to "like" our leaders, or agree with there leadership.....I must have missed that section of the constitution.

Tigger1988

speck76 said:

I did not realize that as US citizens, we were forced to "like" our leaders, or agree with there leadership.....I must have missed that section of the constitution.

I totally agree, he made a joke...it falls under freedom of speech I believe.

WDW1971

RoninHood said:
The president just declared war on mother nature today in response to katrina.

???

Thanks for showing your lack of intelligence. This isn't a political issue...this is a humanity issue. Those are my people in jeopardy down there and I don't appreciate your obvious lack of wit. :mad:

WDW1971

Tigger1988 said:
I totally agree, he made a joke...it falls under freedom of speech I believe.

No, it falls under bad timing and lack of tact. Jokes about this tragedy aren't appropriate when bodies are still floating through New Orleans.

Freedom of speech is one thing...making jokes at this time is wrong.

wannab@dis

speck76 said:

You're correct.

I thought the comment was in bad taste and since it was political, against the ToS for the forum.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom