The Walt Disney Company Commits $2.5 Million for Hurricane Katrina Relief

Thrawn

Account Suspended
peter11435 said:
:sohappy: You beat me to it. the only major thing you missed was all that they donated and did after 9/11.

I was doing it by memory. I knew there was something major I skipped.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Connor002 said:
thats strange, i mean everyone would think that McDonalds would donate the most to their own charity :brick:

TWDC makes more money, so their percentage that they donate is by default bigger. It makes sense too, because it was easier for TWDC to make contributions to the already standing infrastructure then to build its own series of "houses"

Tim G

imagineer boy said:
Wow, Eisner must've been doing drugs. He never does kind things like this. :lol:
Again... that wasn't nice either....
Eisner HAS done more things like that... even more you are able to imagine...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Let's not turn this into a nag-fest. The facts are theat Disney have stepped up to help, and put real cash into the effort. End of story.

WDWScottieBoy

I just want to say that it's really nice to see Disney doing these types of things. Of course they didn't have to, but to see that some people have some love in their heart really makes a difference right now!

If anyone else wants to donate... www.redcross.org or 1-800-HELP-NOW

Tim G

WDWScottieBoy said:
I just want to say that it's really nice to see Disney doing these types of things. Of course they didn't have to, but to see that some people have some love in their heart really makes a difference right now!

I already did... of course I did...

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Would not suprise me a bit if they are letting residents of the affected states that were on property stay at discounted rates until the all clear to go back hits.....

imagineer boy said:
Wow, Eisner must've been doing drugs. He never does kind things like this. :lol:

But that's very nice of Disney to send money for the relief fund of Katrina. :wave:
Eisner donates alot of money,RESEARCH

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
WDWScottieBoy said:

the deed has been done for some time, but not a bad time to post a quote of your post to raise awareness for it

Northgurl24

This is great to hear. I just hope there are more companies to follow. Where are all the athletes and famous people? They all have more money then they know what to do with. They should be donating their money too. I am just a college kid with bills to pay and I am going to donate. Its just a little messed up. BUT GO DISNEY!!!:sohappy:

PaisleyMF

NBC has a telemarathon like the Tsunami. MTV, VH1 and CMT are doing promo with Red Cross. BET has a Telethon. There are several concerts. Ellen is doing something (can't recall) + Awearness in the Emmys Telecast. Atist have donated sums of money and Talent for the different telecasts. Even Jerry Lewis Telethon has part of this year efforts to the Relief too.

Now what can we Do as brothers and sisters... :wave:

TTATraveler

The Yankees are donating 1 million as is the NHL. I applaud companies who give back to the communities when the help is necessary.

I too have made a donation to the Red Cross.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
TTATraveler said:
The Yankees are donating 1 million as is the NHL. I applaud companies who give back to the communities when the help is necessary.

I too have made a donation to the Red Cross.

LOL, I don't think thats such a good idea for the NHL.

Has anyone heard of any companies that are matching contributions with the public, or their employees?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom