The Walt Disney Company Commits $2.5 Million for Hurricane Katrina Relief

WDW1971

I'm glad they're going to help out. As a Louisiana native, what I'm seeing is breaking my heart. It's so unreal.

Pray hard, folks.

tigsmom

WDW1971 said:
I'm glad they're going to help out. As a Louisiana native, what I'm seeing is breaking my heart. It's so unreal.

Pray hard, folks.

Skip! Has any of this affected your family?

WDWScottieBoy

I highly urge those who haven't to call 1-800-HELP-NOW or get on www.redcross.org and do what you can to donate to the Red Cross, or any other organization that you would like to use.

No matter how little, it will help someone out!

Erika

imagineer boy said:
I did research. It's called DISNEY WAR. And I don't recall reading about Eisner being nice enough to donate, or being nice for that matter.

One book does not research make.

Anyway, I think Steve's right. Let's focus on what's important here :wave:

WDW1971

tigsmom said:
Skip! Has any of this affected your family?

No loss of life or injuries to any of my family. However, I do have a good friend that lives in Hattiesburg and no one has heard from him or his wife since Monday afternoon around 2:00PM. His father and father-in-law are going to try to make the trip up there tomorrow to check on them. I hope they're okay. I wish they'd gotten out of there, but I'm sure they didn't think it would be that[\i] bad.

Phone lines are sporadic, at best. I'm hoping they just can't get a call out and that the roads are just too hard to get through.

This is all so horrible. I just want to cry when I see what happened.

Where is the international help? WHERE?

tigsmom

WDW1971 said:
No loss of life or injuries to any of my family. However, I do have a good friend that lives in Hattiesburg and no one has heard from him or his wife since Monday afternoon around 2:00PM. His father and father-in-law are going to try to make the trip up there tomorrow to check on them. I hope they're okay. I wish they'd gotten out of there, but I'm sure they didn't think it would be that[\i] bad.

Phone lines are sporadic, at best. I'm hoping they just can't get a call out and that the roads are just too hard to get through.

This is all so horrible. I just want to cry when I see what happened.

Where is the international help? WHERE?

((HUGS)) Glad your family is safe * I hope that you hear from your friends soon. We are missing a few of our friends from here and are worried sick. I just can't believe all the destruction. :cry:

Hopefully the International community will quickly realize how bad this is and send help, as we have to them so many times.

tigsmom

Captain Hank said:
Just sent a check off to the Red Cross, and I'd encourage others to do the same.

We have a fund set up that will be sent in WDWMagic's name... just follow the link in my sig. :wave:

HunnyPot

A nice gesture, and we all know that they need it! I feel so bad for all of them. I'm in Southern AL, but we didn't get as much damage and flooding. I'm glad Disney is making this contribution.

disneyboi81

I truely appreciate the donation made by TWDC and other companies to those affected. I have family that live in New Orleans that have lost homes or will be coming home to flooded homes. My family left before the hurricane and are just coming to terms with the devesation. To those affected, my prayers are with you. To those watching the news, please donate what you can to the American Red Cross. It is truely a small world after all. I only hope for the best through all this!

-Disneyboi81

cherrynegra

I know others have posted it before, but we've started a fundraiser drive on behalf of wdwmagic. Just click the link in my signature. I urge everyone please to give what you can to any of the charities helping out. Every little bit helps. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom