The Sum of All Thrills by Raytheon coming soon to Innoventions East

hpyhnt 1000

It sounds interesting..At least at Legoland they are using the KUKA arm for a thrill ride too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZFSNgovbtw

Hm. Interesting video. I guess Disney's using modified versions of that mechanism. Just something else that occurred to me; how loud are the arms themselves, because any noise they emit will be in addition to the screams of guests. I'm just wondering about noise inside the building. :shrug:

Disneyson 1

I think they're pretty silent; there's an even bulkier version at my local arcade (Trust me, it's not a pretty sight: the projector is suckish and the ride's not really in synch with the video that guests create: it seems like it just puts you upside-down whenever possible!) and it's pretty quiet to the point that you can't hear the people in the capsule. You can see them, though, through a little camera in the capsule! No louder than a quiet vacuum cleaner. (Then again, it WAS an arcade: it was loud all around me!)

hpyhnt 1000

I think they're pretty silent; there's an even bulkier version at my local arcade (Trust me, it's not a pretty sight: the projector is suckish and the ride's not really in synch with the video that guests create: it seems like it just puts you upside-down whenever possible!) and it's pretty quiet to the point that you can't hear the people in the capsule. You can see them, though, through a little camera in the capsule! No louder than a quiet vacuum cleaner. (Then again, it WAS an arcade: it was loud all around me!)

Oh, alright. Basically it wasn't deafening. At least Innoventions won't be filled with never ending loud mechanical noise.

Thrill Seeker

As cool as it will be to have one of these, it will still pale in comparison to what Universal is using them for... I pretty much know all the details for the Kula arm powered Harry Potter dark ride and it's going to be amazing beyond belief.

agent86

As cool as it will be to have one of these, it will still pale in comparison to what Universal is using them for... I pretty much know all the details for the Kula arm powered Harry Potter dark ride and it's going to be amazing beyond belief.

Universal is so much the way Disney used to be. Gone are the days when Disney was cutting edge with their attractions. Nowadays, the "big ticket attractions" are things like a new parade or fireworks show. Sad.

SirGoofy

Universal is so much the way Disney used to be. Gone are the days when Disney was cutting edge with their attractions. Nowadays, the "big ticket attractions" are things like a new parade or fireworks show. Sad.

:rolleyes:

Universal has made one cutting edge attraction the last 10 years, and that's Spider-man.

Potter will be great, but don't act like everything that's come out of UNiversal has been ground breaking.

agent86

:rolleyes:

Universal has made one cutting edge attraction the last 10 years, and that's Spider-man.

Potter will be great, but don't act like everything that's come out of UNiversal has been ground breaking.

Universal spreads their new attractions out over time so that whenever they open something new, it's big and bold. Disney, on the other hand, used to do that, but now it's basically a new parade, fireworks show or meet and greet every year. It's all marketing from Disney nowadays, and true Imagineering has become largely nonexistent...except at Universal.

jedimaster1227

It really isn't a groundbreaking attraction. The seats moving were fairly impressive though.

Mind you, the seat pistons sound like pellet gun shots with every run... And the strangest thing is, as loud as they are, I fell asleep during the show on Saturday during Grad Bash. :lol::lookaroun:lol:

jt04

Except SGE. Or Sounds Dangerous. Or Primeval Whirl.

Yea it's not even close to the worst ever.

Sorry but those are much better than Shrek. I'd go into SGE 10 times before going back in Shrek once. Chili dog and all. Shrek is beyond bad. The animation is OK but the seat deal is just over the top bad. I couldn't wait to get out of there.

scottnj1966

I did Cyber Space Mountain over at Disney Quest and I have to say, that was one exciting attraction/ride. The ability to "make your own coaster" and then simulate riding it was a blast. The simulator technology was astoundingly real feeling and you could make it as intense as you wanted. All in all, I would love to see something like this again.

I loved that simulator also.
I took some video of it the last time I went there.

http://www.bigfloridacountry.com/freevideos/CyberSpaceMountain-DisneyQuestwebsized.wmv

http://www.bigfloridacountry.com/disneyquest.htm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom