The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

cynic710

While searching for information on the Doors Coaster, I found this, originally posted by @cynic710.

View attachment 50623
First, let me praise cynic710 for a truly great work! Great work, @cynic710 !

You know, there is land across the street on World Drive zoned for DHS expansion? This plan could work and it doesn't have to tear down the studio lot. The entrance to RSR could load within the backlot. The ride could zoom along a straight away track that would take it over (or under) World Drive, where the bulk of the ride could be housed...

thanks @PeterAlt ! great idea!

jt04

While searching for information on the Doors Coaster, I found this, originally posted by @cynic710.

View attachment 50623
First, let me praise cynic710 for a truly great work! Great work, @cynic710 !

You know, there is land across the street on World Drive zoned for DHS expansion? This plan could work and it doesn't have to tear down the studio lot. The entrance to RSR could load within the backlot. The ride could zoom along a straight away track that would take it over (or under) World Drive, where the bulk of the ride could be housed...

Or they could use that land (and budget) for something intergalacticish.

doctornick

The land across from World Drive is designated as suitable for construction and is one of the larger plots of contiguous land that has this designation, but there is nothing saying it is specifically for DHS expansion, at least no in the RCID master plan.

That land could certainly be used for a DHS attraction, where part of the ride took you across World Dr. But that would probably be vewied as a too costly use of it.

Most likely, I would think that land could be used for satellite parking or backstage buildings in support of DHS, with an elevated walkway or moving sidewalk going from there to the park. This could free up some of the current parking to be used for park expansion.

If they really wanted to the area for a guest purpose, maybe they could put a Star Wars themed hotel/DVC there.

WDWDad13

That land could certainly be used for a DHS attraction, where part of the ride took you across World Dr. But that would probably be vewied as a too costly use of it.

Most likely, I would think that land could be used for satellite parking or backstage buildings in support of DHS, with an elevated walkway or moving sidewalk going from there to the park. This could free up some of the current parking to be used for park expansion.

If they really wanted to the area for a guest purpose, maybe they could put a Star Wars themed hotel/DVC there.

now that's interesting... maybe a star wars themed hotel to go along with the major star wars expansion (we're all waiting on). ....but do we think a hotel like that would attract a lot of people to stay there?

jt04

now that's interesting... maybe a star wars themed hotel to go along with the major star wars expansion (we're all waiting on). ....but do we think a hotel like that would attract a lot of people to stay there?

I am thinking no. Unless it was on the scale of the Sarataga Springs treehouses. That could work very well.

jt04

How about they fix the infrastructure they already have?

Pretty sure they are. The garages provide a revenue stream that could be enhanced with different levels of parking. So it could be done without impacting revenue streams. Imagine 3 garages such as the one they are building at Disney Springs. One could be connected to the monorail station at the TTC. One could be connected to the new ferry system. And one could connect to the MK by shuttle bus. They could charge different rates for each. Maybe $20 for monorail access etc. So it could be revenue neutral to build them.

But the clincher is it would free up enough land to expand the Poly or add a new MK resort. No brainer.

Funmeister

Pretty sure they are. The garages provide a revenue stream that could be enhanced with different levels of parking. So it could be done without impacting revenue streams. Imagine 3 garages such as the one they are building at Disney Springs. One could be connected to the monorail station at the TTC. One could be connected to the new ferry system. And one could connect to the MK by shuttle bus. They could charge different rates for each. Maybe $20 for monorail access etc. So it could be revenue neutral to build them.

But the clincher is it would free up enough land to expand the Poly or add a new MK resort. No brainer.

Cesar R M

All I know is that the talents at WDI are under-utilized. Companies like Uni would love to get that kind of talent working for them - where their projects may actually have a real chance of getting built!
Maybe the pennies-counters are frustrating many WDI guys due of the money constrains?
They could be churning projects left and right.. and the top management would be stamping "DENIED" as much as a Soccer player changed socks.

I think you are forgetting that most of the folks at UNI Creative started out at WDI.
Haemorrhages creative people due of money constraints?

The land across from World Drive is designated as suitable for construction and is one of the larger plots of contiguous land that has this designation, but there is nothing saying it is specifically for DHS expansion, at least no in the RCID master plan.
Or for something displaced by Star Wars...
Or build a garage instead.
Wait for it.. wait for it...
HAT THEMED BATHROOMS..
make a GIANT BATHROOM and put the hat on top.

bhg469

Maybe the pennies-counters are frustrating many WDI guys due of the money constrains?
They could be churning projects left and right.. and the top management would be stamping "DENIED" as much as a Soccer player changed socks.

Haemorrhages creative people due of money constraints?

Wait for it.. wait for it...
HAT THEMED BATHROOMS..
make a GIANT BATHROOM and put the hat on top.
I said that in a nick cage impression. It wasn't very good but my walken doesn't match your avatar.

PeterAlt

Now, you're thinking just like me here!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom