The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

PeterAlt

Are you being serious or sarcastic here? You really think the motivation behind MM+ is to finance more E-tickets?
You read that wrong. That's how they'll market it and justify it. To the consumers, that is. Read it as: milk as much cash as possible out of attractions.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
I'm a bit intrigued by the idea of Staggs as CEO because to me he does come across as a man with ideas, someone who could have a grasp of what needs to be done on the creative side but at the same time I'm still skeptical, I just feel like the company needs to go outside and agree with you completely on your points about a creative CEO and leadership pairing. Maybe I'm being overly harsh on Staggs but I've just become so jaded by the corporate culture at TWDC today that I think a clean break is needed and this rumour about Rasulo has really compounded that. The notion that Rasulo is being put forward as the favoured candidate is just ridiculous to me.

At least Staggs takes his kids to the parks lol

Honestly, he's cut out for the job more. He's more of a CEO type than Rasulo. Staggs could be alright with a strong number 2. Would it be what we are all begging for? Nope but the guy worked in many different roles in the company and knows it quite well. You never know how he'd be though until he gets the role. Who knows maybe secretly he wants to revamp the domestic P&R and crush Uni because that's what he wants as his legacy... Doubt it but people act differently once they get the top role. Thigs will undoubtedly change, for better or for worse is to be seen.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
It's also trouble to make sense of the contradictory claims from people about the relationship between Eisner and Iger and how Eisner feels about the way the company is being run when there's things like this-
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...praises-iger-plays-down-lone-ranger-bomb.html

As of July of last year, Eisner has also CLAIMED he's very happy with Iger, with this quote about how he apparently feels about Iger-
“If I had my choice I would have him stay even longer, God knows, maybe he will. The longer he stays, the better it is for the shareholders.”

I'd like to know what @WDW1974 thinks about that quote. Even if Eisner is lying for political reasons, he had no real reason to add the comment about hoping Iger remains at the company and saying he'd ensure his continued stay if he had things his way. What sort of political purpose would this serve Eisner by praising them if he actually wanted guys like Iger and Staggs out behind closed doors? According to spirit, Eisner is actually trying to stir up a force against Rasulo now. Rasulo might be even worse than Iger, but they're both very similar with the same ideals at running a company like Disney.

I think you need to keep in mind that Michael wasn't ready to leave... He was forced to. Iger was the heir apparent because of how the business works. The huge company Disney acquired was all set to make Iger CEO and then the acquisition happened. A lot of times there are implicit or in some cases explicit successor agreements in such big mergers. For example, JPMorgan merged with Bank One and Bank One's CEO became COO and President at JPMorgan with an agreement that he was next in line to be CEO. That man Jamie Dimon has now been the CEO for nearly ten years, though he's a very talented mind in the industry.

I have no knowledge such agreements took place with Iger but in Michael's book (written in the late 90s) he spoke highly of Iger and spoke about how he was worried Bob would be upset to miss his chance to be the CEO of Capital Cities-ABC.

PeterAlt

All I know is that the talents at WDI are under-utilized. Companies like Uni would love to get that kind of talent working for them - where their projects may actually have a real chance of getting built!

PeterAlt

At least Staggs takes his kids to the parks lol

Honestly, he's cut out for the job more. He's more of a CEO type than Rasulo. Staggs could be alright with a strong number 2. Would it be what we are all begging for? Nope but the guy worked in many different roles in the company and knows it quite well. You never know how he'd be though until he gets the role. Who knows maybe secretly he wants to revamp the domestic P&R and crush Uni because that's what he wants as his legacy... Doubt it but people act differently once they get the top role. Thigs will undoubtedly change, for better or for worse is to be seen.
Is Kathleen Kennedy still on the list?

Goofyernmost

Imagineering has known that this was a problem for a long time time now. Tony Baxter told me (no I'm not an insider, this was at a meet and greet at the Disney Gallery at DL) around 15 years ago that imagineering was looking at some sort of new high tech and paperless way of reinstating tickets, presumably in order to connect revenue to rides.
Whomever said...FP+ were/are correct in my mind. However, that is just a part of it. If Disney has the ability to track people in the park they also know if they are in Stand-by at any other attraction as well. They will be able to have an almost exact count of the numbers of people that visit an attraction each day. What time of day. FP vs Standby, etc. Not just FP attractions but all of them.

I can't speak for anyone else, but, it seems to me that this would be the real reason for tracking much more then the Foil-cap theories that have been bantered about in the past. None of those really made any sense, but, attraction count surely does. Over-time, with proper analysis, they can increase revenue by just knowing what people enjoy the most.

PeterAlt

The door coaster was.
I thought that pre-dated Avatar and I didn't realize that was an E-ticket. Also, considering how DCA wanted it and then they didn't must say something... Maybe it was something good but that special enough to make TDA absolutely gotta have it want it enough to build it...

PeterAlt

While searching for information on the Doors Coaster, I found this, originally posted by @cynic710.

image.jpg

First, let me praise cynic710 for a truly great work! Great work, @cynic710 !

You know, there is land across the street on World Drive zoned for DHS expansion? This plan could work and it doesn't have to tear down the studio lot. The entrance to RSR could load within the backlot. The ride could zoom along a straight away track that would take it over (or under) World Drive, where the bulk of the ride could be housed...

Last edited:

WDWDad13

just curious from those more in the know about the big boys... who would be your pick for the next CEO (internally or externally)

yeti

Why is it we're all up in arms about Rasulo again? I thought the word on the 'street' was that they along with the board of directors are against it.

Stevek

just curious from those more in the know about the big boys... who would be your pick for the next CEO (internally or externally)

I'm not in the know but I do like the option of Kathleen Kennedy. Beyond that, I'll always through Matt Ouimet's hat into the ring. He truly cares about the theme parks but a) can he handle the bigger picture of running an entire company the size of Disney and b) would he face an uphill battle on what has and will continue to be invested in MM+? Said another way, would his hands be tied with regards to the investments we all want to see in the parks because of the cash that continues to flow into MM+?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
While searching for information on the Doors Coaster, I found this, originally posted by @cynic710.

First, let me praise cynic710 for a truly great work! Great work, @cynic710 !

You know, there is land across the street on World Drive zoned for DHS expansion? This plan could work and it doesn't have to tear down the studio lot. The entrance to RSR could load within the backlot. The ride could zoom along a straight away track that would take it over (or under) World Drive, where the bulk of the ride could be housed...

The land across from World Drive is designated as suitable for construction and is one of the larger plots of contiguous land that has this designation, but there is nothing saying it is specifically for DHS expansion, at least no in the RCID master plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom