The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Okay, some more than others. I'll admit, I'm included in the "more than others" group. But, my imagination allows me to enjoy it. It's an overall better quality of life versus being miserable all the time.

I'm blessed with such an active imagination that I don't need to watch television or see a movie. My imagination without trying can create something far more entertaining on a whim.

Everything you see in this world (anything invented) was once imagined by someone. You can thank creativity and imagination for that. Without creative people, this would be a very boring Universe.

Without boring realists the fantasist dream would never become actualised, its OK to dream, its better to do.

Stevek

Oh Lord...

And I'm not religious.

I just don't see it either and I'm not a hater (nor did I overly love) Avatar. If it's done with as much detail and quality as Cars Land, my gut tells me it will be a hit regardless of the property it's tied to. People will see past that and like it for being a great, immersive addition. Anything short of that and it will be panned.

PeterAlt

Without boring realists the fantasist dream would never become actualised, its OK to dream, its better to do.
Some things are better to imagine than to do. Realists live in a world brought to them by others who imagined it. Things imagined worth doing that's doable and done are not done by those who lack imagination.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Just a quick post about my posts...

At times, I say things purely because it's outrageous and sounds funny to me because it's so outrageous. While, part of me means these things out of sarcasm and being funny, there is the Disney-nut in me that also takes seriously these things I mean to be sarcastic.

I'm like Zaphod Beetlebrox (that 2-headed character from Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy). Half of me is serious about what I say and the other half is saying it in jest.

EDIT - I hope you all can understand the meaning of my posts better now and know at times I can be both serious and sarcastic at the same time.

One what does 42 mean, Two Do you have a used ballpoint pen business...

JimboJones123

PeterStorybook : 6017111 said:
Alice in Wonderland and Small World are the only two worth spending half-day for. Toontown is also worth spending time at.

I would spend the entire day just to ride DL's Pirates or Space Mountain just once!

Buzz Light Year is definitely worth spending time checking out. Big Thunder has new effects worth checking out...

Cars Land is worth returning to DCA for...
Matterhorn. Storybook Ride. 4 dark rides. Casey Jr. Teacups. Castle Walkthrough.

RSoxNo1

No, I'll say it again. Hardly

DAK needs more than an Omnimax, a boat ride, glowing plants and a night show. They'll help, but triple - at least - the investment and you'll have a word class theme park. You know, like Disney used to build?

Pandora is a start but not the holy grail some think it will be.
I'd like to see a new lion exhibit in the Lion King section, Giant Pandas in Asia and Koalas.

TP2000

Matterhorn. Storybook Ride. 4 dark rides. Casey Jr. Teacups. Castle Walkthrough.

There's actually 5 dark rides in Disneyland's Fantasyland; Peter Pan's Flight, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, Alice In Wonderland, Snow White's Scary Adventures, Pinocchio's Daring Journey.

Plus Matterhorn, Small World, Storybookland Canal Boats, Casey Jr. Circus Train (two actual trains on a track instead of a water fountain), Teacups, Dumbo, Carousel, Castle Walkthru, Princess Fantasy Faire miniland, Frozen and Merida meet n' greets n' games, Fantasyland Theater Stage Show, shops and restaurants. And a designated smoking area.

And when you add in adjoining Mickey's Toontown, which is valid since the New Fantasyland at WDW took over the space and rides of their old Mickey's Toontown, you just added another excellent dark ride (The Sixth!); Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin, plus Gadget's Go Coaster, Mickey's House & Movie Barn elaborate meet n' greet, and the handful of playgrounds and interactive areas for the rest of the Fab Five; Minnie, Goofy, Donald.

It's very easy to spend a half day in Disneyland's Fantasyland/Toontown. Even if you want to go on the rides there, and forget about the shows or meet n' greets, you pretty much have to spend a half day. And the funniest part? The only thing with Fastpass in Disneyland's Fantasyland/Toontown is Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin. NOTHING else has Fastpass there, compared to WDW where I think the only thing left without Fastpass is the Carousel.

The difference in long term operating philosophies between Anaheim and Orlando is at it's most glaringly different in Fantasyland.

Last edited:

Nubs70

I'm going to take this post and put it out on Twitter that a very respected and knowledgeable insider that I trust has stated that Disney is pursuing the rights to creating an immersive Monty Python themed area.

I want to see how long it takes for it to pop back up on here in the News and Rumors section as fact.
A "John Thomas" interactive queue?

doctornick

The difference in long term operating philosophies between Anaheim and Orlando is at it's most glaringly different in Fantasyland.

I would argue that moreso the difference in building philosophies between Anaheim and Orlando is at its most glaringly different in Fantasyland. DL FL is very densely developed with lots of attractions, utilizing space very efficiently. WDW FL has much fewer attractions in more space -- they really missed out with this FL expansion by not using the space better. They could have fit in a Pinocchio clone (or other dark ride) in the circus area instead of the M&G and they could have buried a dark ride under part of the 7DMT.

Of course, they also could/should have saved SWSA as a ride (even if they converted it to a different theme) and put the princess M&G elsewhere.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Any updates on the new MK parade and the fire breathing dragon? It was reported here that the dragon stopped working after a day or so, is it really down for the count or was that just the usual fanboi exaggeration?

jdmdisney99

Any updates on the new MK parade and the fire breathing dragon? It was reported here that the dragon stopped working after a day or so, is it really down for the count or was that just the usual fanboi exaggeration?
Well someone posted this...
Saw the parade for the first time today and we LOVED IT! My daughter hasn't stopped talking about the fire breathing dragon yet that was her favorite part. It was well worth the FP+ for us.
In that thread so I assume it is still working.

PeterAlt

I would argue that moreso the difference in building philosophies between Anaheim and Orlando is at its most glaringly different in Fantasyland. DL FL is very densely developed with lots of attractions, utilizing space very efficiently. WDW FL has much fewer attractions in more space -- they really missed out with this FL expansion by not using the space better. They could have fit in a Pinocchio clone (or other dark ride) in the circus area instead of the M&G and they could have buried a dark ride under part of the 7DMT.

Of course, they also could/should have saved SWSA as a ride (even if they converted it to a different theme) and put the princess M&G elsewhere.
It could have been a lot worse. Remember, before Staggs took over, no 7DMT!

WDW1974

Original Poster
And there I was thinking you'd be happy to see me and my numbers! Guess that was a roll of menthos in your pocket then after all...

I'll answer your questions: a price roughly somewhat above market cap; roughly market cap and a number above or below it based on strategic positions; the 30 executive.

Thanks.

Let me ask you a simple question in return applying roughly the same rhetorical devices: If Iger performs eight times better than Eisner do you not agree that any sane shareholder should prefer Iger over Eisner? A simple yes or no will suffice.

It's not a simple question that gets you a yes or no answer. You've enjoyed playing with numbers and different metrics to try and reach a conclusion that Bob Iger is a far better CEO than Michael Eisner was.

It would depend what exactly that eight times better means.

Bernie Madoff put up some extraordinary numbers, right?

Wall Street couldn't be doing better than it is, but does that somehow equate with both the small business owner and the average American? Of course not.

Ooh, so many rhetorical devices and logical fallacies deployed! Delicious! :hungry: I'm sure a lot of people would fall for those too, but then, those are your audience more than mine. (Oh, and an Authority Argument too? Really? :D)

But Rasulo!? Please say it isn't so!

Ah yes, people who read and believe what I write are simply ignorant monkeys, right, Empress?

But why would you have a problem with Rasulo's leadership if you so enjoy Iger's? It will simply be more of the same and, obviously, you think that is fine and dandy. Numbers don't lie, do they?

fillerup

The fanbois wouldn't be the ones hyping this particular exageration - it would be the doomers. Anyway, I've seen the parade twice recently and breathing fire both times.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Just a note to all my fans (monkeys and all) and, more importantly, my friends, I have decided that since everyone seems to have spent the last 4-5 weeks on Spring Break in Florida that it is time for me to take one ... and wasting the one time of year where the weather is truly like paradise to spend online here isn't what I choose for my break. So, I'll be taking some time off after answering a few posts tonight. ... Rest assured, like a bad case of herpes, I will return.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom