The Spirited Sixth Sense ...

jt04

The third party vendors want to announce their expansions on their own timetable, and much closer to their opening.

No matter how often you remind some it still does not penetrate their sealed cocoon. Construction cranes everywhere, refurbs everywhere, major capitol infrastructure improvements everywhere, new attractions and still they deny reality.

Whatever.

jt04

You can honestly tell me that your not the slightest bit concerned that they will repeat what they did in New FL. Make a beautiful area with awesome details but nothing that blows you away and value engineered attractions. (Looking at you, Belles cottage, with the cut outs you hold over your face, and you, LM...clone, oh and you in the back, the tent that the kids play and scream in)

It was designed for families with young children who had too few diversions at the MK (of all places). It is fixed now. You might find a carnival or state fair more to your liking. Or even Six Flags.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
what part of that seemed like "taking a shot at Uni" vs complimenting Uni saying if people just cared about "rides", then I can see why some like it. I guess you didn't get that

...and trust me... I am WAY behind on my WDW v/s Uni comparisons compared to others around here haha

I don't see people complaining about not having enough rides. Where are you getting that? I see people asking for rides to be repaired or buildings that once housed attractions to open back up.

WDW DOES need more attractions to help with capacity issues. That's no secret. You make it seem as if people are begging for thrill rides and coasters and mad about it. Just because Uni has coasters and people enjoy them doesn't mean they want them at Disney

CDavid

The third party vendors want to announce their expansions on their own timetable, and much closer to their opening.

Thanks for sharing the information that there are, in fact, tenants signed. However, isn't the lack of early announcements unusual for such a project? Granted I'm hardly an expert, but I have seen shopping complexes announce at least major (anchor) tenants before even breaking ground on the construction, and maybe a couple years from opening (and, occasionally, it never even actually gets built).

You can honestly tell me that your not the slightest bit concerned that they will repeat what they did in New FL. Make a beautiful area with awesome details but nothing that blows you away and value engineered attractions. (Looking at you, Belles cottage, with the cut outs you hold over your face, and you, LM...clone, oh and you in the back, the tent that the kids play and scream in)

In fairness, both New Fantasyland and the Avatar movie have been accused of emphasizing style over substance, with environments which look impressive but which lack depth to the experience.

MerlinTheGoat

It was designed for families with young children who had too few diversions at the MK (of all places). It is fixed now. You might find a carnival or state fair more to your liking. Or even Six Flags.
Or at pretty much any Fantasyland at any other Disney castle park on earth, almost all of which have quality child friendly attractions unlike those built thus far at FLE.

Last edited:

Soarin' Over Pgh

Thanks for sharing the information that there are, in fact, tenants signed. However, isn't the lack of early announcements unusual for such a project? Granted I'm hardly an expert, but I have seen shopping complexes announce at least major (anchor) tenants before even breaking ground on the construction, and maybe a couple years from opening (and, occasionally, it never even actually gets built).

In fairness, both New Fantasyland and the Avatar movie have been accused of emphasizing style over substance, with environments which look impressive but which lack depth to the experience.

You always manage to say it so much better than I do. Thanks :)

any reality would be a novelty for you

You are precious, Pumbas. Please don't ever change. :inlove:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
your opinion - and none of us have seen Pandora yet so....
No, I'll say it again. Hardly

DAK needs more than an Omnimax, a boat ride, glowing plants and a night show. They'll help, but triple - at least - the investment and you'll have a word class theme park. You know, like Disney used to build?

Pandora is a start but not the holy grail some think it will be.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto

DAK needs more than an Omnimax, a boat ride, glowing plants and a night show. They'll help, but triple - at least - the investment and you'll have a word class theme park. You know, like Disney used to build?

I'm going to take this post and put it out on Twitter that a very respected and knowledgeable insider that I trust has stated that Disney is pursuing the rights to creating an immersive Monty Python themed area.

I want to see how long it takes for it to pop back up on here in the News and Rumors section as fact.

JimboJones123

I fear it will be immediately dismissed by a sizable number of guests daily that are just apathetic about the movie and confused how it fits in the park.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I'm going to take this post and put it out on Twitter that a very respected and knowledgeable insider that I trust has stated that Disney is pursuing the rights to creating an immersive Monty Python themed area.

I want to see how long it takes for it to pop back up on here in the News and Rumors section as fact.

Take care. My "Life of Brian" rumor took on a life of its own.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Take care. My "Life of Brian" rumor took on a life of its own.
Did it end up with you opening the window ala Graham Chapman, au natural, to a host of people standing on your lawn asking if you were the messiah?

On the plus side of the Python rumor, think of table service restaurant they could have based on Meaning of Life. Reading this website as often as I do, I'm fairly certain that most WDW guests look just like Mr. Creosote just before his wafer thin mint.

PeterAlt

lol. You keep telling yourself that, we all have our own DDD's.
(Delusional Disney Days.)
I hit reply to ask what DDD stood for and I now see your fine print! Lol

While, I actually believe what I said, I was being a little sarcastic when I said that.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I fear it will be immediately dismissed by a sizable number of guests daily that are just apathetic about the movie and confused how it fits in the park.

We may care about how things fit into parks, but I don't think the average guest cares. If the land and attractions are well done people will enjoy it no matter what movie it's based on or what park it is in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom